Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My prediction for what will the biggest box office grosser of 2016!

srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Okay, so I did this for 2015 as well. On December 30, 2014, I predicted that Bajrangi Bhaijaan would be the biggest grosser of 2015 in India, which is exactly what happened, as you can read here: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4268595. I also said that when 2015 is done, PK will remain the highest grosser of all time, which is also exactly the case. I am a bit late this time for writing what I feel will the biggest grosser of 2016, but we are only about a third way done the year, and there are another 8 months still remaining. 
Before I write my prediction, I will post the top grossing film in India of each year from 2008 onwards:

2008: GHAJINI (Aamir Khan, Christmas)
2009: 3 IDIOTS (Aamir Khan, Christmas)
2010: DABANGG (Salman Khan, Eid)
2011: BODYGUARD (Salman Khan, Eid)
2012: EK THA TIGER (Salman Khan, Eid)
2013: DHOOM  3 (Aamir Khan, Christmas)
2014: PK (Aamir Khan, Christmas)
2015: BAJRANGI BHAIJAAN (Salman Khan, Eid)

Notice the trend? Every film has been a film starring either Salman Khan or Aamir Khan, and on either Christmas or Eid. This year, Salman has an Eid release again, while Aamir has a Christmas release again. The question is, which of the two films will be the biggest grosser of the year in India: SULTAN or DANGAL? 

If SULTAN clashes with RAEES, then SULTAN's business will face a dent to some extent. However, after the failure of FAN, reports suggest that the clash is no longer going to happen. In all likelihood, SULTAN will enjoy a solo release date this Eid. 

Therefore, in order to determine which film will be the biggest grosser of the year in India between the two leading candidates SULTAN and DANGAL, one major factor comes into play: Word of Mouth (public feedback). 

SULTAN may have decent WOM, but I don't think it will be much higher than that. Director Ali Abbas Zafar's last film GUNDAY had WOM that was just good, not excellent. MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN did not have excellent WOM either. Truth be told, I think DANGAL will have better WOM than SULTAN. Let's face it, Aamir and Christmas is a combination that is simply unbeatable. When Aamir decides to release a film on Christmas, it means that it will be a universally-appealing film. His only non-Christmas release in recent years has been TALAASH, which was more of a darker, niche film. Aamir has already talked about how DANGAL is not just based on wrestling, but also based on women empowerment and has emotions dealing with father-daughter relationship, etc. Aamir puts his heart and soul into not just his performances, but also looks into the film-making process as well while being apart of a film. 

I strongly feel that DANGAL have a better universal WOM than SULTAN, which is why I am predicting that DANGAL will be the biggest grosser of 2016 in India!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousmanZorZorSe

Bolly*_Crazed IF-Dazzler
Bolly*_Crazed
Bolly*_Crazed

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Thats nice
Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Nice man..

But i will go with Sultan, not because i feel it is better story or WOM.. just because SALMAN.. he is at his very peak.. he has put lot of efforts into this role.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kusima

awkardpyscho Senior Member
awkardpyscho
awkardpyscho

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Sultan Sultan Sultan! Not very hard to predict
Briyanikidaig IF-Stunnerz
Briyanikidaig
Briyanikidaig

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:14am | IP Logged
SULTAN may have decent WOM, but I don't think it will be much higher than that.
Ali's movies usually get mixed WOM. I don't care coz Salman khan movies ppl will come and SULTAN they are waiting for.
I will go for sultan ..
gatheringstorm IF-Rockerz
gatheringstorm
gatheringstorm

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:42am | IP Logged
I have a strong feeling that those intolerance remarks of Aamir have eroded his sheen...otherwise I would have gone wih Dangal too but people, even non-Bhakts took offence to that statement...so I believe Sultan will be the top grosser.
Is the director of Dangal reputed or should we assume AK will br ghost directing??

kusima

ZorZorSe IF-Rockerz
ZorZorSe
ZorZorSe

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Sultan is masala film and with the of Anushka Sharma she is on very high time Salman got repo of single screen cenima which is very help full only one thing problem is Director after PRDP can belive that story play a vital role.
Dangal seems story is good and no other actor famous exept Aamir   

kusima

Briyanikidaig IF-Stunnerz
Briyanikidaig
Briyanikidaig

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lighthearted

Sultan is masala film and with the of Anushka Sharma she is on very high time Salman got repo of single screen cenima which is very help full only one thing problem is Director after PRDP can belive that story play a vital role.
Dangal seems story is good and no other actor famous exept Aamir

I feel dangal story and content will be really strong. Mr.perfect LOL aisi thodi sign karte hain.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adventurousmanToo_Much

Go to top