Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My analysis on SRK and the box office performance of FAN! (Page 7)

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *dewdrop~pearl*

3 things that makes a movie BLOCKBUSTER in my view :

1) Star Power
2) Good Script/content
3) ENTERTAINMENT VALUE (MOST IMPORTANT)

Many people forget the last aspect too often. I know it varies from one person to another, but there are scripts that fall in the category that 90% of the people will like and be able to relate to, for eg., 3 Idiots, Munnabhai, etc., which has the right blend of good story, well written script, comedy, message, connectivity, acting and romance. Such movies have mass appeal and if combined with an actor with good star power and acting abilities, recipe for a BLOCKBUSTER Thumbs Up.

As far as Fan goes, it has a badly written 2nd half which lacked relatability and connectivity. Thus the movie wasnt convincing enough. Entertainment value of Fan was also less bcos it was a dark movie without any songs, heroine, comedy, etc. But atleast if the script was good, WOM would have been better and maybe the movie would have done atleast 100 crores business, which unfortunately is not the case. Im not even going into the scripts of his other movies like Dilwale, HNY, CE, etc. However, I have to mention that SRK's acting in Fan was top notch Thumbs Up. But unfortunately, thats not enough. 

Frankly speaking, inspite of being an SRK fan, I dint like many of SRK's last couple of movies. I dint even go to the theatre for Dilwale and watched it at home. I enjoyed Bajrangi more than Dilwale. BUT I disagree that SRK's box office run is over! After Don, which SCRIPT of SRK movie was REALLY good like Aamir's 3 Idiots, RDB, TZP, PK, etc? At best, it was AVERAGE. Even a die hard SRK fan will not say that the scripts of his last movies were the best written ones! So with mediocre scripts, he gave this much. I think acting wise he is at par with Aamir, but Aamir chooses better scripts. 3 Idiots was offered to SRK first, even if SRK did that part, I feel the movie would have been equally good as the role itself wasnt that challenging, but the story/message/entertainment value/script was really gud!

So the point is, acting wise SRK is not that bad, he has star power too. Now he should not only select gud scripts, but also ones with ENTERTAINMENT VALUE like the ones Aamir does. I personally dont think Raees also belongs to this category, as it is targeting a selected audience with a theme like underworld and smuggling (like personally I dont like underworld/smuggling kind of movies unless its a thriller!). But nevertheless, if its a good movie with good script, dialogues, acting, then with a good WOM it can definitely cross 100 crores. 

Even Aamir's Talaash dint touch 100 crores inspite of having a mixed WOM (personally I LOVED Talaash but many of my friends dint like it!). But still he managed to give blockbusters later on with good scripts. So I feel its really too early to say that SRK is done at the box office purely based on the last couple of years. If he gets a gud script which satisfies all the 3 aspects that I mentioned above, just wait and watch SRK's magic at box office Thumbs Up!

totally agree if weak scripts can give this then what a good one can do

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

*dewdrop~pearl*qazplmpallavi25-DZ-

7387_nidhi Senior Member
7387_nidhi
7387_nidhi

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
According to me, who hasn't seen any of Salman's and SRK's movies in last few years , FAN would have been a better movie if it did not have overdose of SRK.

Aamir is good in what he does, but he overdid it with Dhoom3 and it became more of Aamir movie than Dhoom Franchise. I prefer Dhoom 2 over Dhoom 3 just for that reason.

I saw the trailer of FAN and to me, it was SRK idolizing SRK and as if SRK doesn't over praise himself in real life all the time , and he had to make a movie to prove it to himself that he is the self acclaimed "king".

If "FAN' in the movie wasn't acted by SRK but a young new or good actor idolizing SRK" the story would have been more plausible or convincing.
The VRF in Ra-One was horrible and SRK looked so bad as Raone. he did it again to himself with FAN.

Its hard for these stars to accept their age and that they should do roles that suit their age.
Akshay is doing it very gracefully. He has no issues with showing his grey hair, or do age appropriate roles.

Amitabh had his bad days during that phase and no one likes his movies during that time. He later realized and did great roles.

SRK needs to accept that he is not good looking and his age is catching up; Using Camera tricks to relive your DDLJ days in Dilwale is a big No No and that was one reason I don't feel like watching his movie.
How long will u keep living on your old rehash of scenes again and again.

Edited by 7387_nidhi - 26 April 2016 at 2:18pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sunflower52

MainePyaarKiya IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ISHQSalmanSe-iLoveZaynMalikBriyanikidaig

-iLoveZaynMalik IF-Sizzlerz
-iLoveZaynMalik
-iLoveZaynMalik

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrsSalmanKhan

Memorable thread this will be

All Shahrukh fans give each other a shoulder... 

awaweeeiie...Crying smiley face animated emoticon

LOL ROFL 

ISHQSalmanSe

Briyanikidaig IF-Stunnerz
Briyanikidaig
Briyanikidaig

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrsSalmanKhan

Memorable thread this will be

All Shahrukh fans give each other a shoulder...

awaweeeiie...Crying smiley face animated emoticon

Aww the smiley

ISHQSalmanSe

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
atleast Shahrukh fans are not good weather fans...Shahrukh ke bure waqt mein chorr kar bhaag nahi gaye...kabhi Shahrukh ko TOP 3 se neeche nahi aane diya...unlike the fans who couldn't even push their stars movie to make one full crore in his bura waqt...90 lakhs life time ...tsk tskCry

Aamnakideewanipallavi25-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

atleast Shahrukh fans are not good weather fans...Shahrukh ke bure waqt mein chorr kar bhaag nahi gaye...kabhi Shahrukh ko TOP 3 se neeche nahi aane diya...unlike the fans who couldn't even push their stars movie to make one full crore in his bura waqt...90 lakhs life time ...tsk tskCry
90 lakh???are u kidding kiski movie thi yeh?? poor soulLOL

Edited by Aamnakideewani - 26 April 2016 at 3:55pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

fivestars IF-Sizzlerz
fivestars
fivestars

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

on the contray salman ke bure waqt mein his fandom got INCREASED hence he is where he is now !!unlike other fans who couldnt even make his fav movie one crore in his ache waqt /acting ...tsk tsk 

truth hurts !CryCry

Edited by fivestars - 26 April 2016 at 3:58pm

ISHQSalmanSeMainePyaarKiyaBriyanikidaig

Go to top