Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My analysis on SRK and the box office performance of FAN! (Page 6)

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aamnakideewani

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by srkat

@Blueji YUP, I wrote that part in my January article LOL As you said, box office toh ek din down hona hi tha, but as SRK fans we should be very proud of his box office run! From KANK to DILWALE, every film of SRK was a box office success. He did not have a clean Flop for 11 years (from PAHELI to FAN) which is simply incredible!

I know SRK has done some pretty incredible things in his whole career...some that others can only dream of...and he built his empire side by side becoming one of the richest actors in the world...people can make fun of him being 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 at the moment...but staying in the TOP 3 for 25 years in an industry where he has been written off everytime a newbie arrived is a feat it self...That was your 1st inning well done Mr KHAN...TRULY LIKE A KINGStar...now time to step down...take a break from the number game and do what u do best...ACTINGStar...we are all ready for your 2nd innings Mr KHAN...ClapClap
agree to u  about his second inning but it doesn't mean he is out of BO race his flop movue is  earing175 WW that's his stardom Clap

after watching him in FAN...I feel its kind of insulting to him if we fans still keep on worrying about his BO numbers...He is 51...he ruled the BO in his prime...and he is done at the BO...atleast I don't care about it anymore...if his future movies do good...I will be happy but thats about it...no more worrying about BO anymore...I am so doneLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

DJGabbar Senior Member
DJGabbar
DJGabbar

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Very well written, i also think Fan's wom was not positive.
qazplm IF-Sizzlerz
qazplm
qazplm

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:27am | IP Logged
I'm all for Shah ruling our hearts with acting. But lol no, his box office power is not yet over. LOL It's like saying that Salman and Aamir should have hung up their socks around 45 because they were not even in the race of winning the box office for more than two decades.

And honestly, I don't care about how I feel about his box-office. I care about how he would feel. And he will NEVER go down just sitting. During RaOne, he said, "The more people think that I'm done and over with, the more I know I'm going to succeed. I'm like a kid with a lollipop, who is stubborn and fierce, and no matter what, will not give up that candy." We should know by know that SRK's power and success won't be over until he wants it to.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanYouGoAway-Garima-AamnakideewaniangrybreadRabbitOnSkates_pallavi25glace-bleue-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qazplm

I'm all for Shah ruling our hearts with acting. But lol no, his box office power is not yet over. LOL It's like saying that Salman and Aamir should have hung up their socks around 45 because they were not even in the race of winning the box office for more than two decades.

And honestly, I don't care about how I feel about his box-office. I care about how he would feel. And he will NEVER go down just sitting. During RaOne, he said, "The more people think that I'm done and over with, the more I know I'm going to succeed. I'm like a kid with a lollipop, who is stubborn and fierce, and no matter what, will not give up that candy." We should know by know that SRK's power and success won't be over until he wants it to.

awww man...this is beyond adorableHeartLOLStar

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewani-DZ-

fivestars IF-Sizzlerz
fivestars
fivestars

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:46am | IP Logged
achhe din aagaye !!Big smile
is this any farewell thread for srk that everyone is sending him off ?LOL

on a serious note  i  liked some of his movies and my complaint was his OVER ACTING ! even in simple scenes he overacts which cringes me !!and every one has good and bad phase may be his good phase ended !! 

P.S : well put srkat !! ur box office analysis is worth reading as always like salman's lakhan...LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ISHQSalmanSeMainePyaarKiya

qazplm IF-Sizzlerz
qazplm
qazplm

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by qazplm

awww man...this is beyond adorableHeartLOLStar

Blue-iceHug Yeah you know SRK, the man is almost a child in some ways. Did you see his Fame session today, he looked happy and peaceful. Talked about how he's happy with Fan's response and hinted that Raees won't be moving its date.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Garima-angrybreadpallavi25glace-bleueTheRager-DZ-

sandiab IF-Sizzlerz
sandiab
sandiab

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 11:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sandiab

I think that this is a new age of cinema for BW. None of them can rely on stupid movies to cross huge crores like they did b4. Times are tough ppl cnt afford to spend so much of money at the movies when they can get the dvds for so much less. So not only srk bt salman is also gona have to deliver good movies to do well. Prem was salmans flop. Fan and Dilwali were srk flops. And dilwali was an horrendous movie. Just from the Fan promos it looked awful. <font size="3" color="#ff0000">It looked self indulgent </font>and only something an srk fan could like. So I dnt think its correct to say that chennai express will be his last hit. He will surprise all of us with a good movie.

have you watched the movie or not??LOLLOL...it was not self indulgent...it was self trashing and shaming if anythingLOLLOL
no. I saw the teaser and I wasn't interested in it. I agree with what 1 of the other members said maybe he shouldn't have played the Super star in it
*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
3 things that makes a movie BLOCKBUSTER in my view :

1) Star Power
2) Good Script/content
3) ENTERTAINMENT VALUE (MOST IMPORTANT)

Many people forget the last aspect too often. I know it varies from one person to another, but there are scripts that fall in the category that 90% of the people will like and be able to relate to, for eg., 3 Idiots, Munnabhai, etc., which has the right blend of good story, well written script, connectivity, comedy, acting, romance and message. Such movies have mass appeal and if combined with an actor with good star power and acting abilities, recipe for a BLOCKBUSTER Thumbs Up.

As far as Fan goes, it has a badly written 2nd half which lacked relatability and connectivity. Thus the movie wasnt convincing enough. Entertainment value of Fan was also less bcos it was a dark movie without any songs, heroine, comedy, etc. But atleast if the script was good, WOM would have been better and maybe the movie would have done atleast 100 crores business, which unfortunately is not the case. Im not even going into the scripts of his other movies like Dilwale, HNY, etc. However, I have to mention that SRK's acting in Fan was top notch Thumbs Up. But unfortunately, thats not enough. 

Frankly speaking, inspite of being an SRK fan, I dint like many of SRK's last couple of movies. I dint even go to the theatre for Dilwale and watched it at home. I enjoyed Bajrangi more than Dilwale. BUT I disagree that SRK's box office run is over! After Don, which SCRIPT of SRK movie was REALLY good like Aamir's 3 Idiots, RDB, TZP, PK, etc? At best, it was AVERAGE. Even a die hard SRK fan will not say that the scripts of his last movies were the best written ones. So with mediocre scripts, he gave this much. I think acting wise he is at par with Aamir, but Aamir chooses better scripts. 3 Idiots was offered to SRK first, even if SRK did that part, I feel the movie would have been equally good as the role itself wasnt that challenging, but the story/message/entertainment value/script was really gud!

So the point is, acting wise SRK is not that bad, he has star power too. Now he should not only select gud scripts, but also ones with ENTERTAINMENT VALUE like the ones Aamir does. I personally dont think Raees also belongs to this category, as it is targeting a selected audience with a theme like underworld and smuggling (like personally I dont like underworld/smuggling kind of movies unless its a thriller!). But nevertheless, if its a good movie with good script, dialogues, acting, then with a good WOM it can definitely cross 100 crores. 

Even Aamir's Talaash dint touch 100 crores inspite of having a mixed WOM (personally I LOVED Talaash but many of my friends dint like it!). But still he managed to give blockbusters later on with good scripts. So I feel its really too early to say that SRK is done at the box office purely based on the last couple of years. If he gets a gud script which satisfies all the 3 aspects that I mentioned above, just wait and watch SRK's magic at box office Thumbs Up!

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 26 April 2016 at 4:50pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

AamnakideewaniqazplmangrybreadRabbitOnSkates_glace-bleue-DZ-

Go to top