Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My analysis on SRK and the box office performance of FAN! (Page 4)

flipfl0p IF-Dazzler
flipfl0p
flipfl0p

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 4:52am | IP Logged
I only agree with the part "One day or the othe box office earning has to come down (even if the movie is good)". But not agreeing with the part, it has come NOW. It is not like, even if Sharukh acts in a movie with very positive WOM, he cannot turn it into block buster. He can, as much as other Khans. Just that, his recent movies don't have that positive WOM. 

FAN results are not surprising for me. In spite of good acting, it did not have a mass appeal. ( http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4558584 ). It just had a stalking fan who looked ugly (it does matter for audience) and who turned into a psycho for no good reason. The other Khans have given blockbusters only when they are associated with movies of great WOM. Take that out, you get "PRDP", "Talaash". 

PRDP being a regular movie with heroine, (singing/dancing routine) made 150+ Cr. Talaash which had not have commercial element made as much money as Fan. As Fan was made with higher budget, loss seems more (What is the point in big budget, if screenplay is not good? Raju Hirani's movie works because of dialogues. Not lavishness).  

What does that prove? Khans are where they are 3 years back. They can add 50+ Crore to any movie. Good movie can made 200+ crore. Negative WOM implies nearly 100 Cr. In spite of being flop, Fan has collected more than BV or Tamaasha with a younger star. We can't speak of down fall of SRK yet. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sagorika93Aamnakideewaniangrybreadpallavi25-DZ-

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 5:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Lakhan.

Lol, why no one considered BILLU as Srk's flop???/

As a main lead nahi tha Srk, so does it make same excuse for Salman in SAWARRIYA? Was he the main lead of film, no it was Ranbir, but SAWARRIYA is bashed as Salman's film... so it can be Salman's film, so will be BILLU...

So this isn't 1st flop after Paheli, it is after BILLU... which was in 2009.

Acting SRK pehle se kar raha hai, just coz film BO pe flop hai toh ACTING ka excuse de ke we can't say it's good for him... If he wasn't Acting, toh Salman Acting ke naam pe kaise bash ho raha tha... jab khud Srk ko Acting karni nahi aati LOL

3500+ Screens 

Part Holidays

When a big Commercial Film like FAN Flop, accept it with grace, woh Srk ke superstar level ko suit karega, will motivate him to give much bigger HITs in future.
sawarya wasn't salman's film who says it was??and sakman's flop like veer God tussi great ho,main aur mrs khanna can be compared with fan BO wise performance wise No! Billu abd DmG were nor Srk's movies woh alag bt hai his stardom overshadowed tge hero in tge filmEmbarrassed
_AmyChoco_ Goldie
_AmyChoco_
_AmyChoco_

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 5:30am | IP Logged
U have a great analysis penned down!! The SRK fan in me still refuses to believe that his BO run has finished.But if u wud pit BO success & good performance, gimme the latter any day. I m so glad that I have found others in this forum who have also liked his latest fare.When I voiced out my wish of watching FAN again, the looks that I invited from friends n family were quiet embarrassing. One funda I don't get is why do we attribute a films success/failure solely to the leading actors? I never  follow BO records..For me, even if a film tanked but if I have liked it, I will watch multiple times. So, if acc to film reports FAN has flopped, how is SRK to be blamed for it? Cuz the famgirl in me was doing a happy dance when i saw SRK giving a stellar perfirmance. I was satisfied.
Did I like BB? Yes, I did. Was it flawless? Definitely not. Did I like just cuz SK gave a good performance? Nope..it was cumulative effect of many factors.
Bajirao Mastani..it did well in all departments. I couldnt fault much. But I would rather watch Jodha  Akbar again than BM :P
Films are kind of a personal thing. Either u r moved by it or u r not. And if u r not, try to appreciate the good in it. (Like I told someone once not to trash talk Ranbir just cuz Besharam didn't do well). 
On a concluding note, I dont know where each of the Khan stand at this point of time. All I know is that they perform well, I will watch it. 

Edited by _AmyChoco_ - 26 April 2016 at 5:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

angrybreadpallavi25-DZ-

Sri-R IF-Rockerz
Sri-R
Sri-R

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 5:38am | IP Logged
I am in denial at this moment. I won't accept that SRK days are over at Box office. It's too early to dismiss him.

Edited by So-Sweet - 26 April 2016 at 8:42am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Arya_Starksagorika93qazplmangrybread-DZ-

snatch Goldie
snatch
snatch

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:13am | IP Logged
agree with most part of ur article...but i dont think his box office power is over. Even in this bad phase, he is able to bring the audience... ofcourse the career is at a crossover and i truely believe he is gonna reinvent himself, he was fantastic in fan but the later part of the movie was rubbish and the reason for the flop mainly.
if raees is good and not a slow paced movie its surely gonna hit the bulls eye and hopefully will turn out to be the landmark movie of his career (considering the crisis).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sri-RAamnakideewani

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:22am | IP Logged
dont agree with you because the man who can open afilm with 20 + you cant say his BO days are over he just need the right script

because if he is finished what we can say about Akki ?? the man who dont have big opening and most of his film are flop ?? but he in between can do ahit film

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sri-RangrybreadAamnakideewaniqazplmpallavi25-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkat

@Blueji YUP, I wrote that part in my January article LOL As you said, box office toh ek din down hona hi tha, but as SRK fans we should be very proud of his box office run! From KANK to DILWALE, every film of SRK was a box office success. He did not have a clean Flop for 11 years (from PAHELI to FAN) which is simply incredible!

I know SRK has done some pretty incredible things in his whole career...some that others can only dream of...and he built his empire side by side becoming one of the richest actors in the world...people can make fun of him being 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 at the moment...but staying in the TOP 3 for 25 years in an industry where he has been written off everytime a newbie arrived is a feat it self...That was your 1st inning well done Mr KHAN...TRULY LIKE A KINGStar...now time to step down...take a break from the number game and do what u do best...ACTINGStar...we are all ready for your 2nd innings Mr KHAN...ClapClap

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanYouGoAwaySri-RangrybreadAamnakideewanipallavi25-DZ-

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rimi2983

Very good analysis @Srkat ...No one predicted less than 100 cr for Fan !!

But still I do not agree that SRK box office is over !! I think there is still 2-3 ATBB left in SRK's career. CE record is hard to beat though.

SRK's time for BigB type of roles hasn't arrived yet. Maybe in 5 years, all Khans have to go to next phase.

Akki is doing his best to go to next phase and he will have a good run in his last innings.

I am bit worried about Salman-SRKLOL...what'll they do in next phase without Body and romanceLOL

why are you worried about Shahrukh though?LOL...FAN has shown what a bundle of talent Shahrukh is...so please SRK and Salman don't match anymore...its SALMAN-AAMIR for BO...and SRK-AAMIR for performances...

SRK never had a body to show off...and FAN has shown that he doesn't need a female lead to emote...he will do awesome..Star

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

Go to top