Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My analysis on SRK and the box office performance of FAN! (Page 2)

srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Lakhan.

Lol, why no one considered BILLU as Srk's flop???/

As a main lead nahi tha Srk, so does it make same excuse for Salman in SAWARRIYA? Was he the main lead of film, no it was Ranbir, but SAWARRIYA is bashed as Salman's film... so it can be Salman's film, so will be BILLU...

So this isn't 1st flop after Paheli, it is after BILLU... which was in 2009.

Acting SRK pehle se kar raha hai, just coz film BO pe flop hai toh ACTING ka excuse de ke we can't say it's good for him... If he wasn't Acting, toh Salman Acting ke naam pe kaise bash ho raha tha... jab khud Srk ko Acting karni nahi aati LOL

3500+ Screens 

Part Holidays

When a big Commercial Film like FAN Flop, accept it with grace, woh Srk ke superstar level ko suit karega, will motivate him to give much bigger HITs in future.

BILLU is NOT an SRK flop. Irrfan Khan had the lead role in that film. Anyone who says that SAAWARIYA is a Salman flop is obviously foolish.

No one is making excuses about anything man. As a SRK fan, I have gracefully accepted that his great box office run is over, which I pointed out in my article from January as well. I am simply saying that SRK is in the next phase of his career, where he will be giving award-winning performances despite not dominating the box office anymore (similar to how Amitabh Bachchan has been for the last 20 years or so).

Edited by srkat - 26 April 2016 at 12:07am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Cheesy-Chantsrimi2983pieryroseBriyanikidaigglace-bleue-DZ-

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz
OJ6.0
OJ6.0

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Atomicbomb

There should have been another actor in the film, and also a strong female character.

They could have gone down the path of the film 'Misery'

Otherwise the film just looked like a badly disguised SRK in love with SRK.

No not Misery . Separated twins is the way I would've gone . With weird obsession to the point of homoerotic LOL
.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by srkat

BILLU is NOT an SRK flop. Irrfan Khan had the lead role in that film. Anyone who says that SAAWARIYA is a Salman flop is obviously foolish.

No one is making excuses about anything man. As a SRK fan, I have gracefully accepted that his great box office run is over, which I pointed out in my article from January as well. I am simply saying that SRK is in the next phase of his career, where he will be giving award-winning performances despite not dominating the box office anymore (similar to how Amitabh Bachchan has been for the last 20 years or so).

Buddy Srk is not over from Box office, if ppl thinks like that than they should also consider that every actor has bad phase, Srk is going through it. He will bounce back, but he needs time.

Big B has given HUM kind of Smash hits also, considering Srk to do the kind of acting roles Big B done in later on of his career is too early.

Hang in thr, Srk will be back, coz he is hungry for BO like others, abhi time acha nahi chal raha.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

srkat

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Yup his BO run is over. When I watched Dilwale by interval I was thinking 'Iss film ki toh 100cr ke bhi waande honge'. LOLBut it surprised me by making 140cr. ErmmFan I was one of the small minority who loved the film not just the acting but the film as a whole so I dont know why it didnt work. Less than 100cr is unnerving TBH but I guess every good thing comes to an end and so has SRK's BO run. It was a good two and a half decades. I hope we do see some good performances now from SRK and he doesnt attempt to do silly stuff like Laal Badshah to revive his stardom and youth like Big B did. The youth isnt coming back and SRK needs to work on his strengths ie his performances to stay relevant. Otherwise there is every chance of him fading out like Rajesh Khanna did rather than become a Big B. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

srkatCheesy-Chantspieryrose-DZ-

srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Lakhan.

Originally posted by srkat

Buddy Srk is not over from Box office, if ppl thinks like that than they should also consider that every actor has bad phase, Srk is going through it. He will bounce back, but he needs time.

Big B has given HUM kind of Smash hits also, considering Srk to do the kind of acting roles Big B done in later on of his career is too early.

Hang in thr, Srk will be back, coz he is hungry for BO like others, abhi time acha nahi chal raha.

Bro I think somewhere in his head SRK is also focusing less now on BO. He released FAN during a non-festive period, and he is signing films with a variety of directors whom are not known for giving big box office blockbusters (an example being Imtiaz Ali, whose box office track record is hit-or-miss type).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nikitagmc-DZ-

Atomicbomb IF-Rockerz
Atomicbomb
Atomicbomb

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maroon5.0

Originally posted by Atomicbomb

There should have been another actor in the film, and also a strong female character.

They could have gone down the path of the film 'Misery'

Otherwise the film just looked like a badly disguised SRK in love with SRK.

No not Misery . Separated twins is the way I would've gone . With weird obsession to the point of homoerotic LOL

Conjoined twins? Shocked
cory Senior Member
cory
cory

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Sensible post I agree with most of it. If he starts reinventing himself choosing different roles and films it will help him in long run to last, also if he goes this way the pressure is off him BO pressure and he can do whatever makes him happy. Sometimes when you are no more in competition that makes a huge difference burden is off your back, the younger generation will take over its a fact of life you have to give your seat soon to them you have to realize your age and play roles that are for your age group and believe me there are lots of such roles. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

srkatnikitagmc

ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Well written...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

srkat

Go to top