India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SRK to play a dwarf with an attitude in Aanand L Rai's film

ChotaBheem IF-Sizzlerz
ChotaBheem
ChotaBheem

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:25pm | IP Logged

Revealed: Shah Rukh Khan to play a dwarf with an attitude in Aanand L Rai's film

Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan will play a little person in Aanand L Rai's film. Pictured: SRK at a product launch.Varinder Chawla

Shah Rukh Khan is slowly and steadily detaching himself from the song-dance-action formula commercial films heavily rely on. Teaming up with directors such as Aanand L Rai and Imtiaz Ali are proof of that.

A mainstream superstar collaborating with a director (Aanand) who has subtly explored the Indian middle class in "Tanu Weds Manu," "Raanjhanaa" and "Tanu Weds Manu Returns" is an unusual combination, but also a very interesting one. Talking to the Hindu, the filmmaker said his movie with SRK follows the story of a three-foot-one-inch-tall man and his many misadventures in life.

"Mine is an ordinary character in extraordinary circumstances. It goes beyond India at one point but the seed is in Meerut. My films are more about the people than the place. So you will get to listen khadi boli and feel the temperament of the place...a dwarf with an attitude," the leading daily quoted him as saying.

Aanand is closely working with script-writer Himanshu Sharma, who is also up for the challenge (to pen an interesting story for the superstar). The makers are in no rush to begin the film and will only roll when Shah Rukh is ready.

"He (SRK) has great understanding of cinema and people. I connect very well with him. He is a star and can choose what he wants to do but now he is returning to this realistic space," Aanand said. He also reveal that the film is a love story of two incomplete people.

In other news, SRK has completed Rahul Dholakia's "Raees." It was earlier scheduled to release on Eid, the same day as Salman Khan's "Sultan," but the makers are now looking at blocking a different date. He also has portions of Gauri Shinde's project to finish, which stars Alia Bhatt in the lead.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Swati_shanky1--Ariana---Garima-ght_shona_4evrangrybread-Piku-NestleToulousepallavi25blue-ice.

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
Interesting tidbit. The legal defination of a dwarf is anyone upto 4 feet 10 inches in height. I bet you guys didnt know that? Embarrassed

Edited by TheBoss - 25 April 2016 at 3:34pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Coldplayingblue-ice.-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

Interesting tidbit. The legal defination of a dwarf is anyone upto 4 feet 10 inches in height. I bet you guys didnt know that? Embarrassed

his height will be 3 ft and some inches in the movie...VFX zindabad...one of those risky movies like FAN...but if he will be anything close to what his performance in FAN was ...i say bring it on...if he is not number 1 ...then it doesn't matter what number he is on the freaking number game...so I am ready for itTongue...he will be turning 51 this year and I can see another AB Sr in the makingBig smile

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkeskarti..BlueBird..shanky1-Vaishvi-MrsChandlerBing--Ariana--pieryroseTheBossRabbitOnSkates_MyLuvBarunangrybread-Piku-Beautyful_MessNestleToulousepallavi25TheRager-DZ-

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:45pm | IP Logged
Good for him...ill watch as long as the movie is interesting n entertaining 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pieryrosepallavi25blue-ice.-DZ-

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

his height will be 3 ft and some inches in the movie...VFX zindabad...one of those risky movies like FAN...but if he will be anything close to what his performance in FAN was ...i say bring it on...if he is not number 1 ...then it doesn't matter what number he is on the freaking number game...so I am ready for itTongue...he will be turning 51 this year and I can see another AB Sr in the makingBig smile

I will watch it too if its a good movie. I wasnt posting this about SRK. I was kinda curious myself to actually what is the legal defination of dwarf and apparently it is anyone below 4.10.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pieryroseblue-ice.-DZ-

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:56pm | IP Logged

I will watch it too if its a good movie. I wasnt posting this about SRK. I was kinda curious myself to actually what is the legal defination of dwarf and apparently it is anyone below 4.10.

oh ok...this role has been played by Kamal Hassan in a south movie...don't know the name or how it fared at BO thoughTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

-Vaishvi- IF-Dazzler
-Vaishvi-
-Vaishvi-

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 4:07pm | IP Logged

@bold:   It was a treat watching SRK in FAN.

Nevertheless, am still enjoying the fan wars on this forum. LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kartiangrybreadpallavi25blue-ice.

ImagineMe IF-Dazzler
ImagineMe
ImagineMe

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 4:14pm | IP Logged

Hope this movie gets SRK all what he is looking for.  

Thrilled to see Aanand L Rai being so sought after now.   Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

Go to top