Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Barun's Tu Hai Mera Sunday to premiere at CANNES 2016!!! *More pics* (Page 6)

Aruni. IF-Rockerz
Aruni.
Aruni.

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Avidtvwatcher1

Their is incorrect information on the thread .

The movie hasn't been selected by Cannes festival 2016 . It's not an official selection as the list is out for all to see .

Cannes being a 15 day festival , many independent producers / distributes showcase the movies in their basket by hiring halls , so that they can sell the movie to other film festivals / countries etc . That is a market primere and that's what this movie is getting as a German firm has bought rights to sell it to various channels . Close to 2000 films get such market primeres .

Gautam Gulati in the last two years did huge Promotion in India abt 2 of his films " priemering " in Cannes , Infact went himself to get clicked at the famous Cannes redcarpet too LOL . Both were market primeres . His movies lie unsold and no one has seen them .

Anyhow , wish this movie the best . Hope it finds buyers and travels to many festivals etc as most art house movies do .

Movie is being screened at Cannes, that's a huge thing for an independent film with no clout. And we sobtians don't need grand things, just small accomplishments like this is enough for our happiness Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu567limoncelloArshi67pree2605PSharada

.Screwtape. IF-Sizzlerz
.Screwtape.
.Screwtape.

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Swati_

Originally posted by Swati_

The movie hasn't been selected by Cannes festival 2016 . It's not an official selection as the list is out for all to see .

Cannes being a 15 day festival , many independent producers / distributes showcase the movies in their basket by hiring halls , so that they can sell the movie to other film festivals / countries etc . That is a market primere and that's what this movie is getting as a German firm has bought rights to sell it to various channels . Close to 2000 films get such market primeres .

Gautam Gulati in the last two years did huge Promotion in India abt 2 of his films " priemering " in Cannes , Infact went himself to get clicked at the famous Cannes redcarpet too LOL . Both were market primeres . His movies lie unsold and no one has seen them .

Anyhow , wish this movie the best . Hope it finds buyers and travels to many festivals etc as most art house movies do .

Thank you for the information. I knew about this. . But still it getting a chance to showcase itself is a big and huge thing.
The film is getting recognition somewhere. That is a huge thing.
Barun even if gets a chance to walk on the red carpet it is going to be huge for all his fans.
How many get that chance. So this news has made us happy.

After 3 years this is certainly a big thing.

I am not trying to put a dampener . Pls don't misunderstand .

The movie must be of some quality for a German company to pick and try selling it worldwide. Why just Cannes they would do these market primeres in many festivals so that the movie can be sold to as many art house festivals as possible .

All I am saying is that it's not a Cannes entry , that's incorrect info . The red carpet is also for official Cannes entry films , but ofcourse if a PH / actor so want they can manage pictures like Gautam did .

Hey No... I did not misunderstand you.
That what I said. This getting filmed there itself is a big thing. Specially for a movie which does not have big names associated with it
Also Barun has been Mia from many years. So this has come like a blessing.

Cannes is great for small art house films . They don't pander to big Hollywood / Bollywood films . Hopefully it will be picked up by other festivals too . Masan and titli circulated in film festivals for 2-3 years before they became official enteries in Cannes last year . Big smile

I sincerely hope this movie does eventually get an India release as sometimes for festival movies , it's very difficult due to commercial reasons .

Thanks for the extra info. Hug

Yeah I guess there was a disclaimer in the front page that It was a market premiere. But well, I hope they get more recognition as well. esp that it gets a proper indian release cos of the said issues.

Edited by MoonBow. - 25 April 2016 at 10:55pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Swati_limoncellopree2605PSharada

smiley13 Goldie
smiley13
smiley13

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
 Indeed a proud moment...Dancing...sooo happy for barun sobti
I hope its a great year for barun sobti

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncello

tucana Senior Member
tucana
tucana

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:24pm | IP Logged

@bold - Gautam's movie was a short film of about 24 minutes, so where is the question of it being unsold? Do short films have commercial releases in theatres too? 
I don't follow Gautam so I don't know. But that's what I read about his short film. 

Anyway, the fact that Tu Hai Mera Sunday was in the list of screenings at the Goa Film Festival and now a German company is actually promoting it at Cannes, just goes to show that the content of the film is good. This is precisely the reason most of us are happy or at least I am. Whether it's a commercial success or not, only time will tell.  But for us Barun fans it means a lot. 

@Limon - Thank you for this thread Smile

Edited by tucana - 25 April 2016 at 11:29pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

karamkhistanbullucrazyaddictionlimoncelloAruni.PSharadaDhaakad

..Lunatic.Lover IF-Sizzlerz
..Lunatic.Lover
..Lunatic.Lover

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks for this info dear

That's awesome . and it is indeed a proud moment for all the sobtians.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncelloPSharada

tucana Senior Member
tucana
tucana

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tucana

@bold - Gautam's movie was a short film of about 24 minutes, so where is the question of it being unsold? Do short films have commercial releases in theatres too?
I don't follow Gautam so I don't know. But that's what I read about his short film.

Anyway, the fact that Tu Hai Mera Sunday was in the list of screenings at the Goa Film Festival and now a German company is actually promoting it at Cannes, just goes to show that the content of the film is good. This is precisely the reason most of us are happy or at least I am. Whether it's a commercial success or not, only time will tell. But for us Barun fans it means a lot.

@Limon - Thank you for this threadSmile

Gautam has had 2 of his ventures having market primered in film festivals . One was a full length intl film based on Buddha's life ( English/ srilankan film ) and one was a short film . Yes short films also need to get sold as in Europe as well as the US you have a circuit of smaller halls / festivals which cater to them .

I don't understand why this " happiness " question is being asked of me again and again ! Have I spoilt people's happiness by writing some facts here !

Yes , this movie is of good quality hence being picked by multiple festivals . I hope it goes further and eventually gets a proper release .

I didn't know that the Srilankan film had made it to Cannes too, so thanks for the information. You haven't dampened anyone's spirit's, so relax. It's just a healthy discussion. 

I guess the reason people are going on about how happy they are is because we are genuinely happy. Everyone's just going mad on twitter as well. After a long time, we are hearing so much about Barun, so the emotions are running high. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncello

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:04am | IP Logged

Do we Barun fans not know that THMS is being marketed at Cannes and it is not competing for Jury awards. I think most of us understood that in the first post itself when Limon pointed out that it is Market premiere. Will this mean THMS will be stuck at film festivals for the next couple of years and not have an proper release and "lie in cans" forever. Well that is a question no one can answer because no one has seen the future. Who knows Barun's film might get promoted good enough in India and will release by this year end. The fact that a media house has brought over the movie and is pushing for it in Cannes speaks of its worth. And I am so so glad that Barun is associated with this movie. A person who has absolute no backing in BW going this far only on basis of his talent and that too by not doing erotica or making his personal life a mess in media makes me proud of him. 

As a fan I hope he will get better chances and better exposure after this and he gets good offers. Till that happens I have Barun's web series and his new show that is coming on air to look forward too. 

Edited by psarada - 26 April 2016 at 12:05am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintimillekaramkhistanbulluvandyt1602tucanalimoncelloAruni.Aims.Dhaakad

tucana Senior Member
tucana
tucana

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:09am | IP Logged
The synopsis , posters and general look of the film is nice. Hope it get's a good release in India/Worldwide. 
@Limon - I think a couple of offscreen pics on the first page are from Satra Ko Shaadi Hai. Not that it matters much as it's our Barun.Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncelloPSharada

Go to top