Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Barun's Tu Hai Mera Sunday to premiere at CANNES 2016!!! *More pics* (Page 5)

Swati_ IF-Dazzler
Swati_
Swati_

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much for the thread Limon... 
This is such a proud moment... Touchwood... 

So so happy... After so many years,  finally something which Barun deserves.  

Love you Barun.. <3 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncelloPSharada.Screwtape.

hina11 Senior Member
hina11
hina11

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
Wow,this is amazinggg.All the best to team especially to barun.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncello

Anu567 Goldie
Anu567
Anu567

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 9:08pm | IP Logged

Sin my girl,

What a scintillating piece of news ( haha, sorry could not resist that one!) Tongue

But this is super awesome news. Waiting waiting waiting! Here's sending Barun all the love and positivity he needs at this time. The shape of great things to come, perhaps? 

Hugs,

Anu

limoncelloArshi67PSharada

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Uff the euphoria is refusing to die down. This seriously has to be the best news I have heard for quite some time. Now the wait for THMS to come in theatres is going to be really exciting. 

Anu567limoncelloDhaakad

Swati_ IF-Dazzler
Swati_
Swati_

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Avidtvwatcher1

Their is incorrect information on the thread .

The movie hasn't been selected by Cannes festival 2016 . It's not an official selection as the list is out for all to see .

Cannes being a 15 day festival , many independent producers / distributes showcase the movies in their basket by hiring halls , so that they can sell the movie to other film festivals / countries etc . That is a market primere and that's what this movie is getting as a German firm has bought rights to sell it to various channels . Close to 2000 films get such market primeres .

Gautam Gulati in the last two years did huge Promotion in India abt 2 of his films " priemering " in Cannes , Infact went himself to get clicked at the famous Cannes redcarpet too LOL . Both were market primeres . His movies lie unsold and no one has seen them .

Anyhow , wish this movie the best . Hope it finds buyers and travels to many festivals etc as most art house movies do .

Thank you for the information.  I knew about this. . But still it getting a chance to showcase itself is a big and huge thing.  
The film is getting recognition somewhere.  That is a huge thing.  
Barun even if gets a chance to walk on the red carpet it is going to be huge for all his fans.  
How many get that chance.  So this news has made us happy.  

After 3 years this is certainly a big thing.  

Edited by Swati_ - 25 April 2016 at 10:19pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Vintimilleistanbullulimoncellopree2605Dhaakad.Screwtape.PSharada

pree2605 IF-Rockerz
pree2605
pree2605

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Super happy with the news...
Really thanks a lot for sharing...
This is really great..i dont know much about it but since its been shown in Cannes it must b big...
I hope he gets more and more success...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncelloPSharada

pree2605 IF-Rockerz
pree2605
pree2605

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swati_

The movie hasn't been selected by Cannes festival 2016 . It's not an official selection as the list is out for all to see .

Cannes being a 15 day festival , many independent producers / distributes showcase the movies in their basket by hiring halls , so that they can sell the movie to other film festivals / countries etc . That is a market primere and that's what this movie is getting as a German firm has bought rights to sell it to various channels . Close to 2000 films get such market primeres .

Gautam Gulati in the last two years did huge Promotion in India abt 2 of his films " priemering " in Cannes , Infact went himself to get clicked at the famous Cannes redcarpet too LOL . Both were market primeres . His movies lie unsold and no one has seen them .

Anyhow , wish this movie the best . Hope it finds buyers and travels to many festivals etc as most art house movies do .

Thank you for the information.  I knew about this. . But still it getting a chance to showcase itself is a big and huge thing.  
The film is getting recognition somewhere.  That is a huge thing.  
Barun even if gets a chance to walk on the red carpet it is going to be huge for all his fans.  
How many get that chance.  So this news has made us happy.  

Agree with you...
Its great...i dont know much about gautam gulati but had heard it was a short film..

this small things actually matter a lot..whether it was Goa Film Festival and this..
And Cannes is big..so i hope all benefit..
And for fans like us its huge

Edited by pree2605 - 26 April 2016 at 1:01am

limoncelloPSharada.Screwtape.

Swati_ IF-Dazzler
Swati_
Swati_

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Swati_

Thank you for the information. I knew about this. . But still it getting a chance to showcase itself is a big and huge thing.
The film is getting recognition somewhere. That is a huge thing.
How many get that chance. So this news has made us happy.

I am not trying to put a dampener . Pls don't misunderstand .

The movie must be of some quality for a German company to pick and try selling it worldwide. Why just Cannes they would do these market primeres in many festivals so that the movie can be sold to as many art house festivals as possible .

All I am saying is that it's not a Cannes entry , that's incorrect info . The red carpet is also for official Cannes entry films , but ofcourse if a PH / actor so want they can manage pictures like Gautam did .

Hey No... I did not misunderstand you.  
That what I said.  This getting filmed there itself is a big thing.  Specially for a movie which does not have big names associated with it  
Also Barun has been Mia from many years.  So this has come like a blessing. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

limoncellopree2605.Screwtape.PSharada

Go to top