Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Barun's Tu Hai Mera Sunday to premiere at CANNES 2016!!! *More pics* (Page 20)

ILoveDoremon Goldie
ILoveDoremon
ILoveDoremon

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Faith-N-Hope

Originally posted by psarada

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/Indian-Movies-At-Cannes-2016/

THMS relevant part

<h2>4. Tu Hai Mera Sunday</h2>

Tu Hai Mera Sundayis about the struggles of five friends who can't find a place in Mumbai to play football.

Tu Hai Mera Sundayis a light-hearted story based in Mumbai. Ad filmmaker cum director, Milind Dhaimade, has hit the ball out of the park with his second movie. It's about five friends who generally play football at Juhu Beach, Mumbai. One day a crazy old man joins the group and he does something because of which a ban is imposed on playing at Juhu beach. Now these five guys have to find a place to play in Mumbai.

This is so awesome. THMS is among the 6 Indian Films that Dazzled at Cannes. Now I just want some good PH to pick it up and release in theatres. Keeping fingers crossed for a 3rd quarter release for this movie.

So the conviction indeed came true. Happy for the entire cast and crew of THMS, their hard work paid off. TBH The trailer was fantastic and I wasn't hoping to read back reviews this soon but I would have been shocked had THMS not been received well. We can see the effort is genuine and this one will be a turning point is Barun's career. Glad the premier went well and happy for Barun.

this is indeed a turning point, like an international success apart from IPK success.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ecrivain.

hina11 Senior Member
hina11
hina11

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 6:13am | IP Logged
This is seriously amazing.All the best to barun hoping this one releases soon.
PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 17 May 2016 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Premiering yesterday at the gala event, this lighthearted, coming-of-age dramedy about five friends and their combined love for football was met with the kind of reception that such niche films can only dream of back home. With Cannes giving it a thumbs-up, we hope that Director Milind Dhaimade's sophomore effort gets a wide release back home. 

This is from another article which Pree posted in Barun's show thread. I am so so glad that Indian Media is picking up on THMS and hope this buzz helps the movie in getting a good wide release. Proud of Barun for sticking by his guts and backing content. He didn't make a mockery of his personal life to just get into BW nor signed up sleazy movies just to get a chance. I seriously hope this movie establishes Barun as an actor worth his salt in BW. 

Edited by psarada - 17 May 2016 at 7:09am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ecrivain.AimmyLovesBarunDhaakad

Go to top