Barun's Tu Hai Mera Sunday to premiere at CANNES 2016!!! *More pics* - Page 7

Posted: 7 years ago

Posting the link to FAQ about Market premieres & giving a gist of what exactly it is all about, isn't correct enough information, apparently.

Originally posted by psarada

Do we Barun fans not know that THMS is being marketed at Cannes and it is not competing for Jury awards. I think most of us understood that in the first post itself when Limon pointed out that it is Market premiere. Will this mean THMS will be stuck at film festivals for the next couple of years and not have an proper release and "lie in cans" forever. Well that is a question no one can answer because no one has seen the future. Who knows Barun's film might get promoted good enough in India and will release by this year end. The fact that a media house has brought over the movie and is pushing for it in Cannes speaks of its worth. And I am so so glad that Barun is associated with this movie. A person who has absolute no backing in BW going this far only on basis of his talent and that too by not doing erotica or making his personal life a mess in media makes me proud of him.

As a fan I hope he will get better chances and better exposure after this and he gets good offers. Till that happens I have Barun's web series and his new show that is coming on air to look forward too.

Remember sharada, when THMS was being considered for WIP lab we thought may be this film will circulate in film festivals? We didn't have big hopes then, and definitely didn't think it would be cannes but here we are! We know this is the path barun would like to go rather than meaningless cinema that is popular. Just hope some like minded creative producer / director take notice of him through this screening - then it will be a feat accomplished.
Originally posted by tucana

The synopsis , posters and general look of the film is nice. Hope it get's a good release in India/Worldwide. 
@Limon - I think a couple of offscreen pics on the first page are from Satra Ko Shaadi Hai. Not that it matters much as it's our Barun.πŸ˜›

Hehehe! Which ones? I obviously went stir crazy with the news! πŸ˜†
Limon there is one photo which has Barun in a red shirt and the photo has 3 more people(one old guy and 2 other ladies). That is SKSH photo. 
Originally posted by ch1tra

Raj Baddhan @RajBaddhan  

@jesvineh Heyyy! They're working out dates to see if Barun can make it. I'll find out later this week. Will keep you posted.

People are tweeting everyone possible asking if Barun is going!! I have NEVER seen such a crazy fandom for an Indian TV actor!! Ever! πŸ‘

I, personally, would like him to continue his SKK shoot and then move on to Gul's web series. But if he wants to go and wants to look all dashing and make us swoon...then okay! I'll make another thread for the pictures with lots of disclaimers that Cannes didn't send a private jet for him and roll out the red carpet. And apparently people who want to miss it will 'conveniently' miss it, of course! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Originally posted by psarada

Limon there is one photo which has Barun in a red shirt and the photo has 3 more people(one old guy and 2 other ladies). That is SKSH photo. 

Lol! Thanks Sharada. πŸ˜†

ETA: Oh good! That one was my least favorite! 😳
Edited by limoncello - 7 years ago
Originally posted by limoncello

Yes! 16th May at 9:45 am is correct. It's on the first page. Media Luna has it on their website.

Nish, Barun doesn't need the damn media re! We are all there no? We can do better than any portal! His pankhis! πŸ˜† 😳

πŸ˜†

Btw let's welcome everyone's extra info. Even if it may not be enlightening, it's the spirit that counts. πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by MoonBow.

πŸ˜†

Btw let's welcome everyone's extra info. Even if it may not be enlightening, it's the spirit that counts. πŸ˜‰

Lol! True! Welcome, welcome!

Originally posted by limoncello

People are tweeting everyone possible asking if Barun is going!! I have NEVER seen such a crazy fandom for an Indian TV actor!! Ever! πŸ‘

I, personally, would like him to continue his SKK shoot and then move on to Gul's web series. But if he wants to go and wants to look all dashing and make us swoon...then okay! I'll make another thread for the pictures with lots of disclaimers that Cannes didn't send a private jet for him and roll out the red carpet. And apparently people who want to miss it will 'conveniently' miss it, of course! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

@Bold- I second this. Continue shooting for SKK & web series. Maybe, if things work out, some day, Cannes might happen for the right reasons & not for a market premiere. I hope the market premiere does great things for the future of THMS & Sobti, of course.
Also, Lol. Found your Zen when I wasn't looking?πŸ˜†
I love how corrections are being made. Here I had thought you had said the same thing in the first few posts. Well, I must be blind, obviously.
Edited by archana.mh17 - 7 years ago
Originally posted by archana.mh17

In defence of the TM, Limoncello, she made it very clear that this is a market premiere only of THMS. I think, people do understand what that means. She even put up a FAQ link for the section under Cannes if I am not wrong. I think, people here, especially myself, are happy for the exposure the movie will get out of this. A lot of people have expressed the same, that this is a hopeful turn for Sobti's movies. Not that it means it is competing with selected/invited movies.

Come here, you! πŸ€—

Why are you so nice? And how did you know this would happen? πŸ˜†

The euphoria hasn't died down yet! I woke up thinking of this news. Nothing or no one can rain on our parade right now.