Kumkum Bhagya

India-Forums

Kumkum Bhagya
Kumkum Bhagya

**Shabir Ahluwalia/Abhi Mehra AT#8 "Most Wanted Munda"** (Page 121)

-Tia- IF-Addictz
-Tia-
-Tia-

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
@Cerealgirl, 
About Shabz and roles, forgot to say this.

He hasn't done that many roles at all. Only 3 if you wanna count.

Rishi- the main antagonist of the soap Kahin toh Hoga. He had a role somewhat like Aalu's in KB. He loved his brother (main lead) but hated his bhabhi. He tried to break them up, cheated his bhabhi's sisters etc. Quite an obnoxious character that way but convincingly so. His love for his brother remained intact (unlike Aaliyah here who has no consideration for Abhi), and he died saving his brother in the end.

Milind- Shabz was the main lead here.. Milind is guy from poor background, rude, rustic, angry young man...and hates rich people who treated him and his sister badly in childhood. Later he revenge marries a rich girl, but falls in love.. and then it's a story of how they separate and unite X5. 

And then we have Abhi..

Before Rishi, he had done small, cameo, guest roles in a couple of soaps here and there.. and that's how he got recognition and bagged a major villain role in Balaji.

However, after the success of Rishi (it won him several awards and he was applauded as much as the leading man at times and he used to win style awards beating the main leads) and Milind, he did not take up much acting. He was more interested in hosting it seemed like. He hosted a few shows (did a great job since he has a knack with words), took part in India's X-factor like show (and won it with a guinness record).. did small roles in a couple of movies.. did production work- made a couple  of soaps that used technology and even produced a movie.

He was away from acting for 5 long years that way. Now he is back with Abhi.

So Shabz has only done 3 major characters, all of which had shades of grey. Rishi was the darkest of all, Milind had his share.. Abhi is the more mellowed one of them all, perhaps.

Edited by -Tia- - 15 May 2016 at 7:09pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaNchiBtsarmyCerealgirl

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
I'm guessing he'll go to the doc's but nothing major will happen. Maybe it'll create some doubts in him.  But knowing Abhi, he'll come and ask Tanu and she'll give some reason. 

I also felt it was interesting for the first time he didn't share about going to doc to Pragya or dadi. Usually he shares everything. Good he also started keeping things to himself!!  Well, let's see what happens tomorrow. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaNchiBtsarmyTeluguAmmayi-Tia-

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing about Shabir's roles, Tia! Smile I like the name Rishi for him.  Also forgot to mention, I liked his tilak wala look when he was Milind??

OK, I'm wondering if this show he's mostly cast as a humor/romance lead.  Just thinking out some scenarios.  

Rishu was asking for memory loss. If that happens, maybe he'll remember revenge marriage days and he'll go back to that Abhi who was a gray character.

If Pragya gets memory loss, then he maybe we'll see a soft romantic lead taking care of her? I can't imagine him now like that, but let's see.

I feel in this show there's almost equal screen time between Abhi, Pragya, and Tanu/Aliya.  Next phase has to put Abhi back in action, I feel. Because in this mugambo phase, Abhi got stuck between 2 women.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaNchiBtsarmyTeluguAmmayi-Tia-

-Tia- IF-Addictz
-Tia-
-Tia-

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
That tilak look was Milind. The tilak itself was for that particular festive occasion in those scenes.

ShaNchiBtsarmyCerealgirl

-Tia- IF-Addictz
-Tia-
-Tia-

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cerealgirl

I'm guessing he'll go to the doc's but nothing major will happen. Maybe it'll create some doubts in him.  But knowing Abhi, he'll come and ask Tanu and she'll give some reason. 

I also felt it was interesting for the first time he didn't share about going to doc to Pragya or dadi. Usually he shares everything. Good he also started keeping things to himself!!  Well, let's see what happens tomorrow. 

If Abhi gets a doubt regarding baby not being his, it is significant. If he just finds out Tannu was lying about premature thing or something else, it's no use but drag. Because Tannu as Abhi's baby mama has all rights to hurry up marriage before the child is born. It;s fine if she lies about premature thing so that Abhi marries her sooner. 

BtsarmyShaNchiCerealgirl

-Tia- IF-Addictz
-Tia-
-Tia-

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cerealgirl

OK, I'm wondering if this show he's mostly cast as a humor/romance lead.  Just thinking out some scenarios.  

I think they are minting out all that Shabz can do, romance, humour, anger, action and what not! It's like a typical bollywood masala movie.LOL

Rishu was asking for memory loss. If that happens, maybe he'll remember revenge marriage days and he'll go back to that Abhi who was a gray character.

If Pragya gets memory loss, then he maybe we'll see a soft romantic lead taking care of her? I can't imagine him now like that, but let's see.

There is not much to play in terms of drama if Pragya loses memory. It's already established Abhi would care for her, so he would. But how will the villain capitalize on that? There is no threat from Pragya's side to break up this relationship- as in her past love or something.

I feel in this show there's almost equal screen time between Abhi, Pragya, and Tanu/Aliya.  Next phase has to put Abhi back in action, I feel. Because in this mugambo phase, Abhi got stuck between 2 women.

Whatever it is in terms of screen space, this preggy track is stretched way beyond imagination (espeically after Mogambo has come). It's like neither Tannu is successful in sending Pragya away, Pragya is not successful in exposing Tannu and Abhi is not able to know either of the women's truth 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaNchiCerealgirl

-Tia- IF-Addictz
-Tia-
-Tia-

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Hey Tisha, you are goldie now, congo!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Btsarmy

Cerealgirl IF-Rockerz
Cerealgirl
Cerealgirl

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Abhi's character is a lot like a movie hero - as a rock star he gets to sing, dance, and entertain!! It could also take Shabir to films as romance hero after this!!  Who knows!

If Pragya gets memory loss and forgot Abhi, then Tanu could hang on as a third wheel??  

Yeah, Tanu preggy is stinking now - way beyond expiry date! So many episodes and none of them are winning. Waste.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaNchiBtsarmy

Go to top