Big disappointment - DTN pg 16 (Page 8)

Missesha IF-Dazzler
Missesha
Missesha

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by leavesandwaves

Why they never thought of Avika?

Avika plyaing 29 years old? 

Even, I first thought it would be good if Avika was re-casted, but then the poor girl was already playing over age in SSK. While I didn't watch SSK, I watched couple of episodes to see Avika's avataar, and I thought it was incorrect for her to play that role at that age.

I think Avika shouldn't reduce herself to a stereo type female lead of TV industry and accept over aged roles. Glad it's not her playing Nandini. 

But Mahi Vij (I am seeing her on screen for the first time) is quite a poor selection. Looks non-glamorous, and old for the character's aura and age. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jayashree.gThe_Alchemist.leavesandwaves

Aashima. IF-Rockerz
Aashima.
Aashima.

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by leavesandwaves

Why they never thought of Avika?

Avika wouldn't have done the show even they have offered her Nandini.
She left SSK to concentrate on her Movie career so why she would have signed up for another endless daily soap even as lead.

For Now its only Toral who i think could have been better than their current choice of Actress But then i also agree with @Missesha's logic that they want to encash the siblings separation track.

Also Toral as Nandini talking to Anandi's garlanded photo would have looked Silly

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

jayashree.gProphet_The_Alchemist.Misseshaumamhisusmita_goofyCat_leavesandwavesaparnauma

Aashima. IF-Rockerz
Aashima.
Aashima.

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
And when i say i have problems with the death track of Anandi (& shiv as well) , it doesn't mean they didn't have a heroic death. 
Shiv died  while doing his duties as a responsible citizen/collector.
And Anandi died while doing her duties as a protective & concerened mother, saving herself & her kids from a person whom she offended many times for her professional & personal commitments.
No issues till here.

The problem is the difference in kind of farewell that these two characters got being leads. 
Anandi as a pure character in reel , being their lead  character  for 8 long years , A name which became synonymous to Balika Vadhu, doesn't deserve such lonely & anonymous death.

IMHO.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

jayashree.gAmanyunena28Prophet_libsrocksumamhisusmita_goofyCat_leavesandwavesaparnauma

Aarya19 Groupbie
Aarya19
Aarya19

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

I couldn't connect with the new leads yesterday. The new family didn't leave any impression on me either. Shekhars were really good right from the day of their entry. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

leavesandwaves_goofyCat_tiny15

aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
She died surrounded by her two children for whom she lived.They performed her last rites.

That scene I guess was meant to generate sympathy for the two children who had no one and to show how alone they were.

Missesha IF-Dazzler
Missesha
Missesha

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparnauma

She died surrounded by her two children for whom she lived.They performed her last rites.

That scene I guess was meant to generate sympathy for the two children who had no one and to show how alone they were.

Were they really that alone?

They knew Jagya and Ganga in whose house they were literally raised. They know SN belonged to their mother. Jagya knows their roots i.e. Shekhars, Khajan and even Kabras. So what justifies the way that final scene was executed?

That scene did not create any sympathy, because technically neither is Anandi an orphan nor her kids. They belong to a well-set honourable family. 

Just because Cvs want us to forget that Shekhars ever existed, it doesn't meant it has been wiped out of our memories. 

Both DSa and Anandi's death ends were raw deals. Imagine Dsa with a full-fledged for whom she lived all her life, was only cremated with presence of  only three family members, and Anandi who was supposed to be an established face  across jaitser, jaipur and near by villages wasn't even recognised by the doctors in whose hospital she was admitted. 

Wasn't Anandi a known social worker?Then how does she end like an unknown orphan?

Shiv, Basant and even Ratan got a much deserved honour.  And look at Anandi's fate. In which part of the world, did the river take her, that absolutely no one recognised her and her kids?

Edited by Missesha - 25 April 2016 at 11:14pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

jayashree.gAmanyuProphet_The_Alchemist.libsrocksumamAashima._goofyCat_hisusmitaleavesandwavesaparnaumatiny15

_goofyCat_ IF-Sizzlerz
_goofyCat_
_goofyCat_

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Till now I was thinking that the show and its legacy characters got a very raw deal post the last 11 year leap, but now looking at this leap it feels like previous one was way better.

I still can't forgive CVs for the way they played with Anandi's life around the last leap, but there was atleast some logic left.

I am definitely glad that Anandi made an exit while she was fighting for the principles that she followed throughout her life, and this was the best end that she could have got, but the happenings post her death were very poorly handled.

Like some members wrote, it seems a pathetic attempt by the new team to keep a connect with the old show that kept viewers hooked for 8 long years. It looks like the makers are confused about whether they want to completely revamp the show or just to extend it as a version of the old show. Confused Even if they take the feedback and try to improve, the damage is already done.

Nandini and Shivam together on their own, without a new random family, would have garnered more sympathy than this half cooked story of who raised them, IMO.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

jayashree.gAmanyuProphet_The_Alchemist.MisseshalibsrocksumamAashima.hisusmitaleavesandwavesaparnauma

leavesandwaves IF-Sizzlerz
leavesandwaves
leavesandwaves

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 12:04am | IP Logged
If the dead bodies are not found, it means they are alive somehow. Atleast one of them.With this fact in mind, Jagya would have moved heaven and earth to find them.

Anandi and kids must have thought that Akheraj is still alive and will not leave them if they are spotted. And their whereabouts would pose danger to Jagya and his family too.This view I have gathered from some other forum.

Anandi not being recognised. Even Shiv would not have been recognised. They are not that well known in every nook and corner of Rajasthan.

Go to top