Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat

sideline devi a big mistake (Page 2)

--BlackSheep-- IF-Sizzlerz
--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by naturesk

Originally posted by Astoria

History has many faces.Every historian has a different perspective.About Ashoka's wives,historical accounts differ about who was his favourite wife.

Some sources claim that it was Devi,his first wife and mother of Mahendra and Sanghamitra.

Other sources claim that it was Karuvaki,the second wife to whom the Queen Edict is named.

Still other sources name Asandhimitra,the fourth wife who was only one to be addressed as the Empress and an important partner in all his endeavours.

Most of the sources that I have studied till now refer to Karuvaki and Asandhimitra as the two women who mattered to him the most.

Popular culture has ignored Asandhimitra and has promoted Karuvaki and Devi.Devi is significant because she was his first wife.Historically Asandhimitra was more important than Devi was.

As far as my personal opinion is concerned,then I believe that Ashoka loved Karuvaki,considered Asandhimitra as his closest friend and respected Devi.

It has been claimed by many historians that Asandhimitra and Devi were indeed the same person. Asandhimitra's full name is Vedisa-Mahadevi Sakyakumari and she used Devi as her name while she is taking care of wounded Ashoka. If Devi and Asandhimitra are the same person, then definitely she was really important.
Devi and Asandhimitra cannot be the same person.
Devi was a Buddhist woman and she was from a humble background.She was Ashok's first wife and mother of his twins.

Asandhimitra was a princess and his fourth wife.She was childless.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swriter

deepikagupta9 IF-Dazzler
deepikagupta9
deepikagupta9

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
do u think this serial follows history , devi shown in this serial is definitely not someone who is following buddhism
Capricorn_Blush IF-Dazzler
Capricorn_Blush
Capricorn_Blush

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
TM u are seriously obsessed with DeviLOL...well I'll not comment anything else bcoz I have discontinued to watch the show after leapSmile
swriter IF-Rockerz
swriter
swriter

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnuMoNaya

TM u are seriously obsessed with DeviLOL...well I'll not comment anything else bcoz I have discontinued to watch the show after leapSmile

No dear she is right they want to change history.
U know this same thing done with harkabai and Akbar.
Now still audience is confused about real name of abkar's first Hindu and beloved wife.

And about historian then plz not say anything you know one English historian wrote in his book that harkabai did not get much respect in her whole life.
Not in mugal court and not Even rajavanshi court.
Even her family refused to eat food with her.
Angry

Thank god we have proper documents related to Akbar and harkabai.
For it I want real history because the way we r changing history according to our test or profit.
This time is not so far then real fact will disappear permanently and we will be enjoying only fiction. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

naturesk

Go to top