India-Forums

Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat
Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat

sideline devi a big mistake

deepikagupta9 IF-Dazzler
deepikagupta9
deepikagupta9

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:34am | IP Logged
I really feel shocked & surprised of CVS that how they sideline devi's character which is itself a strong character , hold much more importance in ashoka's life than kaurvki & his other wives , in other words she was peace of his life . I had heard & read devi was d most beautiful wife of ashoka that even sushim was attracted 2 her, she plays a major role in change of personality of ruthless ashoka, his others wives enjoyed his riches & gud time but during his struggle time on devi was there with him,. I m shocked how CVS show kaurvki ashok luvstory but I hope they show devi ashok luvstory which was initiated by ashok itself.ashok luved , respected & admire more than any other wife & kaurvki. I hope they don't sideline her, her character is somewhat like dharma

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

paras99vjctpt378palma0211capricornrcksnatureskChit15swriter

_Ariel_ Goldie
_Ariel_
_Ariel_

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Was it Devi who was more beautiful or Asandhimitra? since i read that she was a perfect beauty in wiki & i have a feeling Asandhimitra & Ahankara are same person, she might come back after leap & may be will be shown that her other name is Asandhimitra if that is the fact then ya it's true that even Shusim was attracted to her beauty they already showed that on the show.
deepikagupta9 IF-Dazzler
deepikagupta9
deepikagupta9

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 9:05am | IP Logged
I had heard devi first wife was very beautiful , ashok really luved her a lot
--BlackSheep-- IF-Sizzlerz
--BlackSheep--
--BlackSheep--

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
History has many faces.Every historian has a different perspective.About Ashoka's wives,historical accounts differ about who was his favourite wife.

Some sources claim that it was Devi,his first wife and mother of Mahendra and Sanghamitra.

Other sources claim that it was Karuvaki,the second wife to whom the Queen Edict is named.

Still other sources name Asandhimitra,the fourth wife who was only one to be addressed as the Empress and an important partner in all his endeavours.

Most of the sources that I have studied till now refer to Karuvaki and Asandhimitra as the two women who mattered to him the most.

Popular culture has ignored Asandhimitra and has promoted Karuvaki and Devi.Devi is significant because she was his first wife.Historically Asandhimitra was more important than Devi was.

As far as my personal opinion is concerned,then I believe that Ashoka loved Karuvaki,considered Asandhimitra as his closest friend and respected Devi.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nltatireddyChit15Capricorn_Blushaditi37

swriter IF-Rockerz
swriter
swriter

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Astoria

History has many faces.Every historian has a different perspective.About Ashoka's wives,historical accounts differ about who was his favourite wife.

Some sources claim that it was Devi,his first wife and mother of Mahendra and Sanghamitra.

Other sources claim that it was Karuvaki,the second wife to whom the Queen Edict is named.

Still other sources name Asandhimitra,the fourth wife who was only one to be addressed as the Empress and an important partner in all his endeavours.

Most of the sources that I have studied till now refer to Karuvaki and Asandhimitra as the two women who mattered to him the most.

Popular culture has ignored Asandhimitra and has promoted Karuvaki and Devi.Devi is significant because she was his first wife.Historically Asandhimitra was more important than Devi was.

As far as my personal opinion is concerned,then I believe that Ashoka loved Karuvaki,considered Asandhimitra as his closest friend and respected Devi.

No buddy mahadevi was his first and true love dear.
And in which edict say that karuvaki was his only love.
Hey she used to donation mostly so she added her name.
It is not mean that ashoka only loved her.
U know mostly people tell that jahangir truly loved noorjanha
But it is not complete right information dear.
Because she issued coins with her name.
But she only wanted to live herself in history with doing it.
But it is true dear mahadevi was his first and true love.
Because mahadevi was only woman who denied to her marriage with ashoka and ashoka tried his best to get her only one single yes dear...

Wink

Edited by swriter - 04 May 2016 at 11:15am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Chit15naturesk

moviefan-pooja Senior Member
moviefan-pooja
moviefan-pooja

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Well there are very, very conflicting account about Ashoka and who he truly loved out of his wives, I dunno wat exactly to believe, but as far as I read I would  say that Devi and kaurwaki and ashandhimitra are equally important in Ashoka's life and none of their characters should be sidelined, even though in reality he might have loved only one of them and respected the others

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Chit15naturesk

naturesk Goldie
naturesk
naturesk

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:08pm | IP Logged

It has been claimed by many historians that Asandhimitra and Devi were indeed the same person. Asandhimitra's full name is Vedisa-Mahadevi Sakyakumari and she used Devi as her name while she is taking care of wounded Ashoka. If Devi and Asandhimitra are the same person, then definitely she was really important.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chit15

swriter IF-Rockerz
swriter
swriter

Posted: 04 May 2016 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by naturesk

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">It has been claimed by many historians that Asandhimitra and Devi were indeed the same person. Asandhimitra's full name isVedisa-Mahadevi Sakyakumari and she used Devi as her name while she is taking care of wounded Ashoka. If Devi and Asandhimitra are the same person, then definitely she was really important.</font>

Hmmm buddy I don't know about it. One thing I know dear that mahadevi was took care wounded ashoka and in this time period ashoka managed to convert mahadevi's no for marriage in yes.
So it is true dear mahadevi was his first and true love dear.
She was one and only person behind in every changes of ashoka Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chit15

Go to top