India-Forums

Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Daya- the ideal wife

Indiaphorum IF-Dazzler
Indiaphorum
Indiaphorum

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Why can't Asit or whoever is behind it make Daya sit and have her meals with the family. Standing and feeding the family and then eating herself alone. Which century is this? And she always apologizing to Jetha for little and silly things. Sorry sorry sorry..I'm just fed up of hearing sorry from her mouth for every silly and trivial thing. They made her character like a pati worshipping woman and they promote it like this is how an ideal wife should be like. I find it regressive. All other wives of GD are much better than Daya in this aspect. And the shit Daya takes from Jetha too, shouting at her etc.

Edited by Indiaphorum - 25 April 2016 at 8:17am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

surbhijainapurvachanda

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:53am | IP Logged
To me Jetha deserves Daya and Daya deserves Jetha only. They are ideal couple in the sense that they both have to bear each other's tantrums.

Ideal husband or wife is a myth to begin with. It would be wiser for the makers to let Daya be an imperfect  wife only. Why do we want an almost illiterate woman who applies superstitious remedies to solve every small problem as an adarsh bharatiya nari ? Why do we need a slave to be an ideal wife ? Why do we think a sister who spoils her brother as a perfect sister ?
I mean we all are imperfect and lets accept it. Why make it a mahan thing ?

Did anyone notice the amount of food Daya cooks every day ? 

surbhijainapurvachanda

Indiaphorum IF-Dazzler
Indiaphorum
Indiaphorum

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dey.bh

To me Jetha deserves Daya and Daya deserves Jetha only. They are ideal couple in the sense that they both have to bear each other's tantrums.

Ideal husband or wife is a myth to begin with. It would be wiser for the makers to let Daya be an imperfect  wife only. Why do we want an almost illiterate woman who applies superstitious remedies to solve every small problem as an adarsh bharatiya nari ? Why do we need a slave to be an ideal wife ? Why do we think a sister who spoils her brother as a perfect sister ?
I mean we all are imperfect and lets accept it. Why make it a mahan thing ?

Did anyone notice the amount of food Daya cooks every day ? 

It is a myth but we have seen how they try to portray her as an ideal wife many a times. That's so wrong. 
Omg the food I wanted to write about it too but I thought I might offend someone but she is a machine who works non-stop and cooks hell lotta dishes at one go. And so she is a Annapurna and no matter how tired she is, she will cook and slog and also do pati seva. This idea is promoted in the show which is regressive.
-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 9:40am | IP Logged
I don't find Daya an ideal wife even though the makers try hard to prove her one.
Cooking lots and lots of food and eating after every member of the family has finished eating makes her more of a servant than wife.Don't servants eat food after their masters finish eating?And if cooking lot of food makes her Annapurna then why isn't Komal called Annapurna? That lady has to cook food almost every hour because of her bhukkad husband and her bhukkad son.

If Daya was an ideal wife she would have realized Babita is more than a good friend of jetha. 

Most of the times, jetha gets humiliated by champak because of her.

She lets sundar take away jetha's hard earned money and also puts him in trouble for sundar. 

Her screaming in the balcony about jetha's undergarments wasDead

Daya is anything but an ideal life but yes,she's perfect for jetha. These two are made for each other but can't be called an ideal couple. 

surbhijainapurvachanda

surbhijain Senior Member
surbhijain
surbhijain

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Daya is not a ideal wife
Like dey.bh said we all are imperfect and daya too have her own flaws which are ignored by cvs and all gd vasis and they expect audience to do the same
And moreover if jetha shouts on daya or make her say sorry on all small things then daya too take her revenge by making jetha pay all the fares of sunder humiliating him infront of whole society by shouting from balcony

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

apurvachanda

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:04am | IP Logged
I don't find any of the women ideal in any sense. 

Anjali is more like a teacher than wife.

Komal is more like a nanny constantly feeding two over grown kids

Roshan bhabi is more like a girlfriend

Babita looks like a roommate ( someone commented on that sometime ago)

Madhavi is pretty normal though but then she is dependent on Bhide. She is an earning member of the family and should get equal treatment.

apurvachanda-Tulips-

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dey.bh

I don't find any of the women ideal in any sense. 

Anjali is more like a teacher than wife.

Komal is more like a nanny constantly feeding two over grown kids

Roshan bhabi is more like a girlfriend

Babita looks like a roommate ( someone commented on that sometime ago)

Madhavi is pretty normal though but then she is dependent on Bhide. She is an earning member of the family and should get equal treatment.

Anjali and Roshan control their husbands a lot.Dono apne husbands ko apni ungliyon pe nachete hain.But I like the Sodhis a lot.They have lot of love and understanding between them. 

Madhavi is way too dependent on Bhide.She only gives ideas and suggestions but in the end of the day,it's Bhide who has take all the decisions of the family and Madhavi has to only accept them even if she doesn't like them sometimes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

apurvachanda

Indiaphorum IF-Dazzler
Indiaphorum
Indiaphorum

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Guys I don't mean she or any woman of GD is an ideal wife. What I meant was they try to portray her as one. Although she has many flaws, they are ignored and she is shown like a Devi reincarnate. 

Edited by Indiaphorum - 25 April 2016 at 12:07pm

Go to top