Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aanand L Rai: Nobody understands ordinariness better than SRK

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Aanand L Rai: Nobody understands ordinariness better than Shah Rukh Khan

IANS | Apr 25, 2016, 04.00 PM IST
After giving a string of hit films like 'Tanu Weds Manu' 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' and 'Raanjhanaa', filmmaker Aanand L Rai is all set to work with superstar Shah Rukh Khan for his next film and says "nobody understands ordinariness better than him". Rai also shared that the 'Chennai Express' star is an experienced human being and has "seen life not just as an actor but as a person".

"Yes (he is playing a dwarf)...We (me and Shah Rukh) have to start working. Right now we are scripting. But meeting that man makes you believe that nothing can beat experience. He is such an experienced human being. He has seen life not just as an actor but as a person," Rai told IANS. "He is such a large hearted and intelligent man," he added.

The filmmaker also shared that the 'Dilwale' star knows how to make a person "feel important". "He has a great understanding of human beings...I am in love with that man." Rai says he is "really looking forward to work with him". This is not the first time the 50-year-old star will be playing a challenging role. Shah Rukh, tagged as the 'King of romance' by his fans, has played such roles in films like 'My Name Is Khan', 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' and 'Fan'.

Asked how did he come up with a story of a dwarf, Rai said: "For me, it was a story of a man who is just three feet one inch tall. That is it and nothing beyond it." What made him cast the 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...' star as a dwarf in his yet untitled film? "Mr. Khan... for this is purely because nobody understands ordinariness better than him. I needed somebody who looked very confident and sure. The kind of person he is...he puts his heart and soul in a character," said the co-producer of recently released film 'Nil Battey Sannata'.

Rai is "really looking forward to see him in that dwarf avtar in the film". "I will definitely take away some slice of real SRK and plant it in that character," he added.
Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qazplm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
It's so amazing that directors like him and RKH have always loved Shah as an actor and seen his potential. I cannot wait for this movie 
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow...ALR has so much love for shahrukh khan and positive things to say , i just loved how he said " I am in love with  that man " 😃 Edited by angrybread - 8 years ago