Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by Pentaminous...

I just need to ask onething? How can one Indian go against their national hero?

Penta...people do that everyday ...on net, in life...harsh but true...it is all about education at the end of the day...education in the truest sense...
Edited by Pr1yanka - 7 years ago
You know things have gotten bad when you start following this buddha on twitter.
Originally posted by Pentaminous...

I just need to ask onething? How can one Indian go against their national hero?

People do crazy stuff. His FOE , our constitution and democracy  grants it . Disagreeing and objecting to his perspective is our FOE. ðŸ˜³

There is a bigger issue here, Olympics don't need BW coverage. It is the only time in 4 years where mainstream media, public and coverage is rightly on them. Why share the biggest sporting stage with a BW star ? Their hardwork will put them on the spotlight. Not like Salman telling Indians to cheer for our lawn ball team will make a difference to that sport or viewership.
Milkha Singh is one of our most revered Olympian his opinion does weigh on this particular event which he has represented and been a pride for years. 

If at all they, IOA, were serious they should have hired him for National Games which struggles for coverage and media space. 

Edited by charminggenie - 7 years ago
Originally posted by TheBoss

You are one of those people who see things beyond Bollywood for what they truly are. Unfortunately not many others do the same. Naturally passions will run amok when some National "Heroes" are put on trial by people here playing the judge jury and the executioner simply because they voiced their opinion against the decision and not directly against Salman himself.
I heard this long back which kind of made him a legend cause everyone quoted it everywhere..
are you relaxing
no I am milkha singh

again bossji some people on the other side too unfortunately take any and every opportunity to bring another star down just because he is their fav's rival.what happened in all this?Twitter went crazy salman hindustan ki shaan is trending on no.1 instead of Milkha singh ki Jai or something similar..
Edited by MiniRulz - 7 years ago
Mr. Salim Khan shld get this backlash coz of his tone what he said abt Legend Milkha Singh. His tone in his tweet abt Milkha Singh was so definately wrong. There is a reason why he is been called Flying Sikh of India. 

He needs to know how much glory he brought for India in Asian Games, Commonwealth games and Olympic games. 
Originally posted by MiniRulz

]
I heard this long back which kind of made him a legend cause everyone quoted it everywhere..
are you relaxing
no I am milkha singh

again bossji some people on the other side too unfortunately take any and every opportunity to bring another star down just because he is their fav's rival.what happened in all this?Twitter went crazy salman hindustan ki shaan is trending on no.1 instead of Milkha singh ki Jai or something similar..

And just think how would he feel if tomorrow God forbid is his last day? This man who gave his blood sweat and tears, he survived famine, he survived setbacks, he survived the britishers, the world wars, age old, poverty now only to be dealing with internet punks who is set out to ridicule him only because he dared having an opinion. What are we in? North Korea?
Edited by TheBoss - 7 years ago
Originally posted by TheBoss

Yaar it happened. You can scroll through this thread to see for yourself and also the Yogeshwar thread from yesterday and all the twitter and facebook posts where these guys are at the receiving end of so much hate. Yar pehle to too hindi film ki cops ki tarah hota hai jo end mein aata hai phir puchta hai kya hua. ðŸ˜†
yaar yaha logo ne is ko zyada serious le liya he just because he is salim khan related to salman kahn.. aur kuch nhi ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by charminggenie

People do crazy stuff. His FOE , our constitution and democracy  grants it . Disagreeing and objecting to his perspective is our FOE. ðŸ˜³

There is a bigger issue here, Olympics don't need BW coverage. It is the only time in 4 years where mainstream media, public and coverage is rightly on them. Why share the biggest sporting stage with a BW star ? Their hardwork will put them on the spotlight. Not like Salman telling Indians to cheer for our lawn ball team will make a difference to that sport or viewership.
Milkha Singh is one of our most revered Olympian his opinion does weigh on this particular event which he has represented and been a pride for years. 

If at all they, IOA, was serious they should have hired him for National Games which struggle for coverage and media space. 

yaar it happens in Pakistan as well. I won't deny it either. But what I am concerning is, why would Salim Khan disrespect Milkha Singh? What is the point? Like woh kyu chaahe ga k sub uske against jaaye? if an ordinary guy can bash him, i understand but atleast i cannot expect such inappropriate behavior from him  
What Salim Khan said is very distasteful.

As Salman's dad, he has every right to defend his son, but not in this manner, not by insulting these sports heroes.  

Also, Milkha himself admitted that he is not against Salman but against the appointment of a BW personality for a sporting event.  There was no need to take this personally and even if he did since his son was involved, his choice of words could have been better.

Now where Milkha is concerned, quite honestly, I don't remember reading about him in my textbooks at school.  BMB was how I heard about him.  I remember reading about PT Usha though.  So yeah, there are many like me who got to know who Milkha is only after the movie was made.  But still, that doesn't take away or undermine his achievements.  He brought glory to the nation, made India proud and that's why a movie was made!

As for me personally, being a Salman fan myself, his appointment as an ambassador is not going to make much of a difference where Olympics is concerned.  I used to watch Olympics as a kid, but not ever since.  That's not gonna change now.   

Oh well, anyways, Salim Khan deserves all the backlash for his bakwaas tweets.   
Edited by -Vaishvi- - 7 years ago
Originally posted by Pr1yanka

Penta...people do that everyday ...on net, in life...harsh but true...it is all about education at the end of the day...education in the truest sense...
How can one celeb can do it? he knows he is public figure, people will boycott him,