Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: charminggenie

There are also people outside India who don't know Salman. Fact too. We are a pretty populated Planet.πŸ˜†

The reason given for his appointment be to spread awareness of Olympics in India. Not outside. Global Event worldwide. Indian media runs coverage every day , newspapers buzz up. Big deal even if we win handful medals. 

It took one young girl Dipla to put Indian Gymnastics on world map. No Salman endorsement could do that to her, what her own hard work did. πŸ˜³

Another fact- Dhyan Chand , some here might not know him but a tube station is named after him . There is a statue in Vienna in his honor..Germany , Netherland ..way too honoured. But I am sure many here won't know of him. Just like plenty in those countries won't know Salman.😳

May be they think he is going to promote it worldwide πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† ... Their GK πŸ˜³
SRK_FKfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Stars with black money become Indian ambassador and stars with criminal records become olympics ambassador. I feel so bad that I am living in such a country where people like Salman are blindly worshipped why not virat kohli/ Dhoni for olympics they can help other sports in the country to get more publicity. Making Salman as brand ambassador is just a promotional strategy and a let down
Rightful_Life thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheBoss

Im also an NRI. I spent all my life abroad. I dont even support team india in general but all good sportsmen. Pleading ignorance is like telling the cop you dont know how much was the speed limit. If these people who are living abroad, came to learn about Salman and know everything he does then perhaps they should do the same and do their own due dilligence or a little research instead of harrassing some 87 year old icon who is of their grandfathers age.

That's how most of the NRIs are(not all).Just yesterday I read one member asking is Jaipur really pink?He/she is curious to know about Jaipur but doesn't want to do research on the city.And then that member blurted out the most favorite line of some NRIs since last few years,"India is not safe for women."🀒😑
That's why I said that there are NRIs who have such limited knowledge about India,of course not all.But u will find lot of such ignorant NRIs in this forum. 
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Pentaminous...

Here, you are comparing two different fields. National heroes are nowhere near to celebrities.. they have more respect. If someone asked for Mikha Singh achievement then what is wrong about it? Who is national hero btw? Someone who has represented a country in a positive way around the work and gained popularity and even died for a country right? What are the Mikha singh achievements that have made him a national hero? I want to know about it as i dont know about Mikha singh. How I am questioning his achievements by this mean? πŸ˜• similarly, no one here questioned about his achievements..

Nothing Much. Just a chapter on him as part of school curriculum in his country. 

A little summary. 

4 Gold Medals  in Asian Games. Many in CWG. 

He was 4th in Olympics won't matter to you but The Independent mentioned him as "India's most revered Olympian is a gallant loser" because of how he fought wearing poor gear during his race.

He for long has been the sole representative of athletes in India, decades . Was/is an inspiration for the likes of PT Usha . 

For a country which has had no representation in track and field for decades , he has been a symbol of hope and pride. Hence a National Hero. 
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Kaapi

And this forum gets dumber with every passing day. His achievements are included in school syllabus, for godsake.

That is the problem in this forum.Half of the members aren't from India and think if they don't know a particular person, it means he/she is not known in India as well.Have been witnessing such lack of awareness amongst vi'desis' from a long time.πŸ˜†

And what was so insulting that Milkha Singh said that papaji became so angry? Even the international olympics committee would know more about Milkha Singh and Abhinav Bindra than Salman Khan! This is not a desi event that you need to thrust Bollywood stars on everyone's face!

Edited by AdaPadaKaunPada - 8 years ago
Pentaminous... thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

Mr Penta , as I know u respect me so much , have seen ur rangeeli language many times specially for women ... 

As far as ur comment ... No , they don't need to know abt his whole family but they need to Respect the person who has achieved so much for the country , if they don't know abt him when they are Indian then it's their loss , shameful that they don't know a legend of their own country 

Btw I don't expect Pakistani text books to teach abt MiLkha Singh so no wonder some Pakistanis who have less GK don't know him , same way today's Indian Gen, who doesn't care much abt GK, don't think beyond fashion and BW/HW, have no idea who Jinnah was ... 

Wow Minnie replied me finally.. mere tou bhaag hi khul gayeπŸ˜†

Coming to the point, what makes you think that people here made fun of Milkha Singh? Just because some body asked for his contributions, does he critcized him? Every body respects national heroes and if someone be it Pakistani or Indian doesn't know about their national heroes, how it become shameful? There are lots of people in every profession like army, athletics/sports,  politics etc who represents a country around the world no less than as compared to national heroes, how can someone should remember about each and everyone? How many national heroes of India do you remember? there must be alot do you know everyone? Do you know about their contrubutions? I dont remember so many of my national heroes does it make me unpatriotic towards my country? Hell no. All that matter is we should respect them thats it. And here no body disrespected any national hero.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Shanak_Fan

That's how most of the NRIs are(not all).Just yesterday I read one member asking is Jaipur really pink?He/she is curious to know about Jaipur but doesn't want to do research on the city.And then that member blurted out the most favorite line of some NRIs since last few years,"India is not safe for women."🀒😑
That's why I said that there are NRIs who have such limited knowledge about India,of course not all.But u will find lot of such ignorant NRIs in this forum. 

I kinda agree with you. Though I don't entirely blame them. Most of them born outside, They juggle between 2 cultures. Must be difficult. 

But they should at least not have condescending tone for India or Indians while discussing. 

If tomorrow, my Kid doesn't know about India or some Indians, I would at least teach him/her to be respectful since he/she is talking about his/her parents' country.  warna padegi 2 jhaapad. πŸ˜† 
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
ppl claim that milkha Singh is known today Again bcz of a movie but even after a movie they can't write his name πŸ˜† ... No wonder they don't know him 
He is not a singer Mika Singh but  miLkha Singh ...If u need Bollywood example for knowledge - movie is called bhaag miLkha Bhaag  
Edited by TheRowdiest - 8 years ago
Pentaminous... thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

@bold - Well you are late to the party. Yesterday's thread was full of mocking for Yogeshvar Dutt and Singh. 

I knew about Sarabjit before movie came. 

You need to understand one thing, if there are people who don't know about these people, Then there are another lot who knows about these people. And that is why movies are even being made on them. 

Why BW is after Biopics these days, coz they are true stories. Some of them already popular. 

Mary Kom as a movie was poorly made. Yet audience went to watch. Coz there was enough hype around Mary Kom. 

It is a 2 way street. BW is also getting benefited coz of real heroes. So, BW is not doing any favor.

Salim's tone was insulting. He meant to say, BW did a favor to Milkha. In no way, BW did any favor to Milkha. And people can criticize Salim for his words. Some members here need to chill and not take everything to heart. LOL. Not like Salim is your father or something.  

Thats the problem mate. Every coin has 2 sides. If someone asks for achievements, people here label them as disrespectful towars a national hero. Thats so unfair that you have already guessed his tone was insulting towads Milkha Singh.. he is an Indian, i dont think any indian or any national can insult their national heroes like this.
My bullshit meter is always on. I can always tell in what tone people are asking. Lets not kid ourself a large percentage of people are still trying to bring down their contributions simply because they spoke out against Salman. They dont give two shits to actually know who they are, and some of them infact very well do already but they are still like who are they again? πŸ€”
And with all due respect to Salim Khan Sahab he should worry about getting his own private affairs in order. Already 2 daughter in laws left from this paagal khandan, the 3rd one may not happen at all. Kahi aisa na ho ke Khan Parivar ko hi log bhul jaye 25/50 years from now on.
Edited by TheBoss - 8 years ago