Posted: 25 April 2016 at 5:51am | IP Logged

It's confirmed! Katrina Kaif to skip Cannes film festival this year

By  IANS | Posted  45 minutes ago
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Whatsup
{"uid":3,"hostPeerName":"http://m.mid-day.com","initialGeometry":"{\"windowCoords_t\":0,\"windowCoords_r\":360,\"windowCoords_b\":615,\"windowCoords_l\":0,\"frameCoords_t\":296,\"frameCoords_r\":305,\"frameCoords_b\":546,\"frameCoords_l\":5,\"styleZIndex\":\"auto\",\"allowedExpansion_t\":0,\"allowedExpansion_r\":55,\"allowedExpansion_b\":400,\"allowedExpansion_l\":5,\"xInView\":1,\"yInView\":0.86}","permissions":"{\"expandByOverlay\":false,\"expandByPush\":false,\"readCookie\":false,\"writeCookie\":false}","metadata":"{\"shared\":{\"sf_ver\":\"1-0-2\",\"ck_on\":1,\"flash_ver\":\"0\"}}","reportCreativeGeometry":false}" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="300" height="250" data-is-safeframe="true" style="outline: none; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: bottom;">

Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif, who made her Cannes International Film Festival red carpet debut last year as the ambassador of cosmetic brand L'Oral Paris, will be skipping the prestigious film gala this year due to 'prior commitments'. mid-day had reported the story on April 22. (Read the story here)

It's confirmed! Katrina Kaif to give Cannes film festival a missKatrina Kaif at Cannes last year

Disappointed at having to give a miss to the film fest that acts as a "fabulous platform" for an artist, Katrina says it has been "an enormously busy year for me so far" that is keeping her on her toes, but she hopes to be part of the film gala next year.

"Cannes is a fabulous platform for any artist to attend, and I really enjoyed the experience last year. While the brand invited me to attend Cannes again this year, I have had to regretfully decline the opportunity due to prior commitments," Katrina said in a statement.

The actress is busy with Anurag Basu's upcoming comedy-drama "Jagga Jasoos", also starring Ranbir Kapoor. She also has "Baar Baar Dekho" lined up.

The actress added: "This has been an enormously busy year for me so far, and I am working on some amazing projects which are really keeping me on my toes. Nevertheless, although I will be giving Cannes a miss this year, I wish the lovely L'Oral Paris ambassadors who will proudly represent India the very best and hope to attend next year."

Katrina was praised by one and all for her sartorial choices and confident stride on the red carpet last year.

Raagjeet Garg, general manager, L'Oral Paris India said they respect her "dedication to her work and are going to miss her magic at Cannes 2016".

"Katrina had a glorious debut at Cannes last year and was one of the most spoken about L'Oral Paris ambassadors at the platform. Unfortunately she's unable to attend the event this year due to some prior commitments. We absolutely respect her dedication to her work and are going to miss her magic at Cannes 2016," Garg said.

The Cannes International Film Festival is scheduled to be held from May 11-May 21, 2016.

Indian stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor will be representing the brand at the event this year. Both the actresses have always managed to dazzle their fans at the French Riviera and this year they will sport looks created using the L'Oral Paris Infallible Cannes Collection.

Source- midday

Edited by Pharma3 - 25 April 2016 at 5:52am

hotchic IF-Sizzlerz
hotchic
hotchic

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 5:55am | IP Logged
LMAOLOL What about those articles calling her unprofessional and also her being not invited at Cannes this year?
Someone's PR was quite overactive in past days. Wondering whose?Ermm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-SparklingVibz-

Briyanikidaig IF-Stunnerz
Briyanikidaig
Briyanikidaig

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Indian stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor will be representing the brand at the event this year
Waiting Day Dreaming
Anachronist IF-Stunnerz
Anachronist
Anachronist

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gulabi22

Indian stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor will be representing the brand at the event this year
Waiting Day Dreaming
chaliye as long sonam is there , I m not itna bhi sad Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Briyanikidaig

Briyanikidaig IF-Stunnerz
Briyanikidaig
Briyanikidaig

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anachronist

Originally posted by gulabi22

Waiting Day Dreaming

chaliye as long sonam is there , I m not itna bhi sadEmbarrassed

Me too Embarrassed
ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Yeh jj ekdin isko le dubega...
ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 6:19am | IP Logged