Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: -FriedriceJi-

I'm sad.. Its Friday.. Which means no update tomorrow. Can we delete weekends?? πŸ˜‰ I'm absofreakinglutely waiting for you to update. 😳

so true...first time m not liking weekends πŸ˜†
Friedriceji thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Junglebee

Thought for the day- Dear checkmatee ji, today being friday, no cliffhangers please. We need to survive the weekend and face the monday blues before being graced with an update... So cliffhanger mat rakhna...

With love
The spunky Junglebee

I second that. ⭐️
Friedriceji thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: anjs

so true...first time m not liking weekends πŸ˜†

For me weekends means Sasuraal Visit. Now I've got another reason to hate it lol. I mean no Unknown Events on weekends 😭
Checkmatee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hello all! I'm back from my short stay at the country club πŸ˜Š  and I'm tired haha. For those two days, I considered not updating because doing it through the phone is a little tedious.. But I didn't want to break my daily tradition πŸ˜³ 

I have formatted the last two chapters properly - through the phone it was all messy. Also, I don't know why but my index/chapter 1 was giving me problems. This is what happened when I updated through my phone: 

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"Please hold on while your
call is being transferred
" the assistant with the sweet voice relayed
the message.There was some buzzing before there was a connection.</font>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">

😑

But I have fixed it already!  So enjoy! 

Also, I update everyday (except for the weekends) so I will not be sending any PMs   πŸ˜ƒ

Chapter 20

Hearts graphics

They said goodbye and Arnav left, already anticipating the dinner with her even though it wasn't even noon yet.

Rakesh stood at his place and looked on at the retreating back of ASR, unable to digest the situation. Could it be..?

"Work is stressful?" Khushi asked with understanding.

"It always is. But I'm used to it. How's your desert?" He indicated to her double chocolate brownie that she relished with joy.

This was their seventh date'., not counting the dinner treat with Ritesh. Over the last three weeks, ever since he'd come down to sign the contract, they'd been out together seven times, including today.

"It's absolutely delicious. And yours?" She was happily eating away.

He watched her. "Beautiful."

Her eyebrows scrunched. How can desert be beautiful?

"So Ritesh is still giving you a hard time?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "It doesn't really bother me as much. He is probably just really busy with work and so is easily irritable."

His phone rang. He didn't want to take the call, but it was Aman. Aman only called when there was something important.

"Go ahead, take it. It could be important" She said, almost reading his mind.

Irritated at the interruption, Arnav rolled his eyes. "What, Aman?"

Whatever Aman was saying made his mood turn sour. "Find out what's happening." He groaned before ending the call.

"What's wrong?" Khushi asked worriedly.

"There's a problem with the supplier. We recently had to switch our suppliers. The previous one wasn't selling high quality materials anymore. And now this new one is trying to negotiate rates."

Khushi placed her hand on his. "I'm sure you'll figure it out."

Her simple statement soothed his tension.

"So, you sounded pretty excited earlier. You had something to show me?" Khushi asked, hoping to distract him.

Arnav smirked. "I sure do." He reached into his bag and took out some sheets of paper. He placed them in front of her and waited for her reaction. He wasn't disappointed.

"Arnavji!" She squealed and grabbed his hand. He ached to hold her hand all night. And day. And the next night..

"These are beautiful! Did you design them? They're all so pretty! You are so talented, it's amazing!" Khushi went on and on, inspecting the various designs in front of her, her head tilting, her eyes glued to the magnificent work.

He chuckled at her excitement and was inwardly pleased that she approved the designs.

"Yes, I designed them. And it's all thanks to you." He looked at her with something like tenderness. He squeezed her hand, caressing her softness.

She gasped. "Me? What did I do?"

"You inspired me. Did you know I haven't picked up a pencil and drawn in years? Drawing was just my hobby, before it became a business to me. Since then, I've just hired a team of designers while I handle the business aspects. But recently, I've had the urge to draw again. And with each design my pencil lined, I imagined how you would look in them." It was probably the most ASR had ever said to her. Probably the most honest he'd been in a long time.

"Imagined.. me?" Khushi was stunned.

"Yes" He said simply.

"I'm so glad you've drawn again. And I'm flattered that I inspired you. But a man with your talents wouldn't need inspiration. Your designs are.." She searched for the right word. "I have no words." She looked at him with new found respect.

He swallowed at the look of pride on her face. It had been a long time since someone had appreciated him, his work.

"Well, you're about to me more flattered." He looked at her mischievously.

"Am i?" She took a deep breath.

"You see the design on the last page?" Arnav indicated. She quickly flipped to the last one.

"It's beautiful" She complemented.

"It is. It's also yours." Arnav took a sip of water and watched in amusement as she opened and closed her mouth like a fish.

"What?!" She finally managed to ask when she found her voice.

"Yea. I got my team working on these designs right now. But that last piece, it's special. I made it for you. To thank you." Before she could get a word in and protest, he added "I'm not asking." He dared her to refuse.

She looked at the piece. It was an ombre sari, with a seamless blend of champagne and pink with a hint of silver. If it looked this pretty on paper, how would it look when it was finished?

"It's been a while since I made someone speechless." Arnav smirked at her.

"I don't know what to say." Khushi couldn't look away from it. Knowing that he had made it specially for her.. It made her feel so.. so loved.

No one had ever done such things for her. She'd gotten her first and second flower from him. She'd gone out with him so many times now. And though she wouldn't admit it, but in her mind, she allowed herself to believe that these were dates. And now, someone appreciated her enough, cared for her enough to design her such a sari. She didn't know what to say.

"I'll just be a moment." He went to use the washroom before joining her back at the table.

They headed back as it was getting late. He drove her home, by now knowing the way very well. He parked the car and got off, jogging to her side. Opening the door for her, he stepped aside as she came out. She looked at him in a way that made him want to haul her against him, crush her to himself and never let her go. What was she doing to him?

Controlling his wayward thoughts and practicing usual restraint, he walked her to her door.

"So." He faced her.

She smiled at him, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "So."

"I should go." His hands itched to push her hair away from her pretty face. She looked at him, slightly disappointed that he was leaving.

"I had fun tonight." She told him, smiling shyly. "Thank you for sharing your designs with me. They were wonderful."

"I'm glad you like them. Your sari should be ready soon, just before the event starts. Maybe you could wear it to the event dinner reception." It was a suggestion, but he said it like a statement.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. What if I trip and ruin the piece? I'm very clumsy. Or what if during dinner something spills onto me? Or what if-"

He put a finger to her lips, silencing her rambling. She looked at him startled. Gulping, she closed her mouth against his finger but didn't move away from him.

He moved closer, looking deeply into her wide eyes that stared right into his. She took a step back. He came forward, making her retreat again. Soon her back came into contact with the door and she froze. 

He removed his finger. He looked down at her lips and she parted them. He looked back into her eyes.

Slowly moving his face forward, he gave her enough time to tell him to stop. But she didn't. His breath washed over her face, her blushing face.

Her body trembled. Her chest heaved. Her fists clutched handfuls of her anarkali. Her toes curled in anticipation.

Hey Devi Maiyya..

He paused near her lips, looking into her now tightly shut eyes. He kissed the corner of her mouth, a soft, gentle kiss. 

She gasped, opening her eyes, staring into his blazing ones. She felt faint. Her eyes dropped to his lips. She had no idea they would be so firm, soft.

"Wear the sari. I won't let you trip." He promised before slowly backing away from her. Gathering all his self-control, he got into his car without looking back, lest he gave in and drove off before he did something more. A lot more.

As she watched his car drive away, her hand came up to rest against her heart where the little muscle pounded away as if she'd just run a marathon. She placed both hands on her very warm cheeks even though the night was cooling. She touched the part his lips had kissed just a few seconds earlier. 

She smiled slowly. What was this? She had allowed no other man to touch her like this before.

Did he feel something for her too? How would she know what it was? And what exactly did she feel?

Hey Devi Maiyya, what should I name these feelings?

"It's been so long since I last contacted you. Three weeks already. How much more time do you need to verify such a simple thing?" Rakesh paced his living room restlessly, pressing his phone to his ear.

"Sir, the change happened very long ago. That's why it took us longer to dig it out." The private investigator told him.

Rakesh stopped pacing. Anticipation filled his body. "Change? Dig out? What exactly did you find out?" He was eager to know.

"Your suspicions were right." The PI told him.

Rakesh listened to him, going on and on, telling him everything. He thanked the PI and ended the call. Slowly sitting on his sofa, he allowed his rigid body to relax. Finally, he could breathe in peace. Finally he knew. It had been so long..

Goodnight.' Arnav texted her.

He waited impatiently for her reply. She hadn't stopped him, but even then all the way home in his car he kept wondering if it was too soon, if he had crossed a line. Minutes passed by. He frowned.

She usually replied pretty quickly. His spirits that were soaring earlier slowly fell. He wondered if his one step forward had caused her to take ten steps back.

Goodnight Arnavji.' Was all her message said after fifteen minutes. Dread started filling his body.

Was she angry?

Sorry for the late reply, I was clearing up some mess.. and watering the two flowers you'd given me. They're beautiful... Like tonight was.'

Her next message filled his heart with peace. He lay back on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. After a long time, he slept. With a smile on his face.

Previous

Chapter 19

Next

Chapter 21

Hearts graphics

Edited by Checkmatee - 7 years ago
anjs thumbnail
That was an wonderful date...though the start para had me confused, if its Rakesh or ASR, cause the jump from Rakesh's monologue to the date was a little abrupt.
I think Khushi forgot that she was gonna tell him the identity truth and also ask him what happened during his meeting with khushi / khuraisha, right ?

I hope she talks to him soon, they have taken major steps towards a personal relationship, its not only professional anymore...and though a lie in professional realm is wrong, but lying in personal relationship, is like killing it with your very own hands...so hope this thing forces Khushi to share her truth soon...

That kiss was just perfect...

What has Rakesh found out... i hope that mystery isnt that ASR is Khushi's long lost relative or something... maybe ASR will turn out to be the actual owner of U3 events company. That way he can kick Ritesh and Khuraisha for their unethical work styles.
Edited by anjs - 7 years ago
Checkmatee thumbnail
Originally posted by: chikkus05

Hai new reader here,its amazing yaar.simply superb.loved every bit .thanku @friedriceji for recommending this .

Thank you FriedriceJi, again πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³
anjs thumbnail
un-res'ed my comment above.
Downhill thumbnail
The update finally ended with a kiss, i mean peck near the lips and a mushy text from khushi
Arnav is in the same land as we are...the famous tourist destination- the lala land..
By any chance, is rakesh related to arnav... Thts one mystery waiting to be unravelled...
Khushi behna, jaldi apna naam bata do arnav ko, aur hum forumwasiyon pe khushi barsao...
Thats incredibly sweet of arnav for having designed some dresses , specially for her... Would like to have a sneek peak of the dress in the update where she would b wearing for the event...
Aur khush raho, aabaad raho checkmateeji, kiss deke khush kar diya dil ko...lol

have a fabulous weekend... Acche din aayenge
sumathikp thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Nine update
Continue soon
Checkmatee thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

That was an wonderful date...though the start para had me confused, if its Rakesh or ASR, cause the jump from Rakesh's monologue to the date was a little abrupt.

I think Khushi forgot that she was gonna tell him the identity truth and also ask him what happened during his meeting with khushi / khuraisha, right ?

I hope she talks to him soon, they have taken major steps towards a personal relationship, its not only professional anymore...and though a lie in professional realm is wrong, but lying in personal relationship, is like killing it with your very own hands...so hope this thing forces Khushi to share her truth soon...

That kiss was just perfect...

What has Rakesh found out... i hope that mystery isnt that ASR is Khushi's long lost relative or something... maybe ASR will turn out to be the actual owner of U3 events company. That way he can kick Ritesh and Khuraisha for their unethical work styles.

I always start my chapters with a few lines from the previous chapter, just as a recap πŸ˜Š Khushi right now is too busy feeling things for Arnav to be worrying about the whole khushboo/khuraisha name thingy πŸ˜³