Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Downhill thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
As an extension to my previous short and sweet comment, i thought let me add some tadka to the comments section of this story...
What i have loved about this story is, it being a blend of realistic portrayal of how two people behave when attracted and all the fantasies that we readers have been seeking to give an image to, has been fulfilled by this story. However previous update has been a bit puzzling to me. Arnav getting too touchy which is amply explained by his sudden nd inexplicable need to have her close and under his gaze.. However its too early to get so close to her , when she is an innocent girl at heart..
And her being completely under the spellof his charisma is understandable, however its quite unlikely of her personality and character not take offense to his invading her personal space, when he had been calling her names like shameless and not fit to be called kumari... These things should have come to her mind and she must have tried to investigate the reasons for the same.. It comes across as contradictory with respect toboth arnav and khushi's character.
For arnav, who has been calling khushi shameless , as he was repelled by khuraisha's behaviour and her clingy and sleazy act was doing exactly the same with khushi , when he knew that she was feeling uncomfortable with all the gentlemanly act he was doing ...
This comment is in no way a criticism of any sort, but just my teeny weeny observations.. I love ur story without doubt and would like to understand what goes on in ur shaatir dimag while u shape up the flow of the story.
Checkmatee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Hello all! 

A lot of you have been wondering and asking why Arnav can't seem to connect the dots and realize that she is Khushi. πŸ˜• 

I would like to add that Arnav already thinks he's met with Khushi and since Khushi introduced herself as Khushboo, he has no reason to believe Khushboo is Khushi at the moment apart from the fact that he thinks Khushboo is familiar. πŸ˜‰ 

He just can't place her yet. However, if you still cant digest it, perhaps this will help:

[[Relaxing back in his chair, he eyed this phone and let three rings pass before leisurely picking up the phone.

"Helloo?" he called out

"Uhm" she lightly cleared her throat. "As I was saying, I'm calling from U3 Eve-]]

That was from chapter 3. Let's just pretend she had a sore throat so she cleared her throat and so Arnav cant connect the dots, okay? πŸ˜†

Hi! I update everyday (except for the weekends) so I will not be sending any PMs   πŸ˜ƒ

Chapter 13
Hearts graphics

He brushed off her offer. "I can have those anytime. You should do something else for me." He leaned back casually in his chair.

He had a point. She tilted her head, curiosity on her face. "What?"

"I'll let you know" He hungrily looked at her lips.

Missing his meaning, she accepted his wish, shrugged, and reached out to sip her tea.

Khushi's office colleagues kept on praising her on a job well done. Rakesh Suri was extremely proud of her. He doted on her like she was his child. Well, she was. Though not by blood.

But he had been very good friends with her parents. He'd insisted time and again that she call him masa, but she remained professional and called him Sir in the office. It made him feel weird, but, whatever she wanted was fine.

At this moment, Khushi wanted to get away from the spotlight that was currently shining very brightly on her. She was not one to shy away from credit, but she just wanted some space to herself at the moment.

She could not explain the restlessness she was feeling. But she knew why she was feeling it. It was because of a certain tall, handsome man with whom she had been standing so close to earlier, so close that she was afraid he could hear her erratic heartbeats as her poor heart struggled to beat rhythmically at his closeness.

She remembered how just before she'd left, he'd asked her for her number. "For business discussions"  He'd explained. She was almost about to give her her old number, when she realized he would figure out that she was Khushi.

*Previously*

"Okay then. Bye" he reluctantly said.

"Bye" she whispered.

"Wait!" he called out quickly. He was relieved to hear her respond. With a ji?

"Give me your number, Khushi" he asked innocently.

"Uh?" Khushi's eyebrows reached her hairline. She felt shivers with the way he said her name. What happened to addressing her as Ms Gupta?

"Um my number is" she rattled off her number, unaware of the satisfaction a certain Raizada achieved by getting her number.

*Present time*

And so she gave him her new number, the company phone she'd gotten from Ritesh after her old one had broken when she'd fallen down after tripping on the heel.

It had been a day since he'd helped her down to his conference room. A day since they'd shared a decent, lighthearted chat. A day since she'd developed these foreign, strange, unexplainable feelings. She felt like so much had happened so quickly, when really, nothing had happened.

Nothing much anyway.

Yes, she'd managed to convince one of the biggest brands in the market to join their event. And yes, she'd managed to personally speak with the apparently very elusive ASR. Also a yes, she'd had tea with the man.

Not a lot of people can say the same.

Okay, so maybe a lot had happened. But that didn't mean that she could stray from reality.

She needed to remember that they were partners, nothing more, nothing less. She needed to keep her.. her feelings in check. She could not afford to fantasize about him. It was absurd to even think that he may feel the same.

If he did, he didn't show it.

Plus, he was a high profile man, busy, powerful, everything she wasn't. God, why was she even thinking of this? Comparing their lifestyles? Shaking her head clear of such silly thoughts, she forced herself to smile and sipped on her juice. The office was pampering her.

"Khushi, you have done us all proud. I can't even believe it. You're not a sales person and yet you managed to close a deal, such a very big deal. You have no idea what this means. Having AR listed as one of our clients will strengthen our portfolio and take us to higher levels. Everyone, let us all toast to her. To Khushi!" Rakesh raised his glass, unable to keep the pride away from his voice as he smiled widely at her.

Khushi looked at him with a face so sweet that he couldn't help but think of her parents. Garima, Shashi, I know you'd be so proud of her.

"To Khushi" Everyone raised their glasses, some clinking them together as they said cheers.

Khushi looked at everyone gratefully, mumbling thanks here and there. She appreciated the enthusiasm everyone was showing, but she longed to go back to her desk and clear her head for a while.

Rajesh spotted Ritesh making his way towards Khushi and stiffened. Rajesh didn't like the way Ritesh looked at Khushi. With hunger. Rajesh grit his teeth as Ritesh grabbed her elbow and turned her towards him as he grinned.

Before she could say anything, she felt arms around her. Caught unexpected and shocked, immediately she tried to take a step back, feeling uncomfortable. Her mind raced back to yesterday when another arm had been around her. She hadn't reacted this way then.

Ritesh's grin dimmed a little, feeling her trying to move back. Calming a sudden flare of anger, he moved back, his hands holding her shoulder to keep her in place. Near him.

"Khushi, you're my doll. You've done so well today!" He squeezed her shoulder's, massaging them slightly.

Khushi smiled. At least she tried to. She looked at his hands on her, and then looked down at her feet. Ritesh watched her closely, noting that she looked reluctant standing there with him. His hands on her tightened briefly. She looked up at him. Taming himself, he let her go. He didn't miss the look of relief on her face. His fists clenched.

Rajesh, looking at the scene before him with disgust and anger, quickly took the opportunity to break the scene. "Alright everyone, it's still work time" he chuckled lightly, trying to send away everyone, namely Khushi away from Ritesh. It worked.

Khushi looked at him thankfully and Rajesh nodded at her. He looked on satisfied as Ritesh's jaw locked while Khushi walked away.

As she walked, she realized her limp was less pronounced than it was yesterday. Her cheeks warmed as she thought back to the time she'd spent with Arnav..ji. How difficult it had been for her to say his name!

Reaching her desk, she sank down onto her seat. A rush of feelings went through her and she finally realized what she'd achieved. She felt giddy knowing that because of her, her company clinched a big deal. Smiling to herself, she spun around in her swivel chair, stopping abruptly as she spotted Ritesh leaning against the pillar near her. 

Him again? When did he come?

She straightened up on her chair and eyed him warily. He was a nice man, but something didn't sit right with her. Specially the way he seemed to treat her. He was too nice to her. She was about to stand but he indicated for her to remain seated. Had he felt bad that she hadn't returned his hug? Was that what he'd come to talk about? He spoke before she could.

"Khushi, firstly I want to know how you did it. Khuraisha told us her meeting with ASR went horrible."

*Previously*

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr Raizada" she purred, emphasizing on the word pleasure. She trailed a finger down his tie. She tilted her head. She was thrilled at his response. It wasn't every day that ASR was speechless. Well, it seemed like ASR was totally stunned by her. A rush of excitement made her shiver.

"My name is Khu-" she began introducing herself.

"Get out." He snapped.

Her eyes widened with shock and she nearly flinched at his commanding voice. All her excitement died down. What..?

"Excuse me?" she asked incredulously. Hadn't he just been ogling at her? And now he wanted her out?

~

"What do you mean by the meeting went horrible?" Ritesh asked angrily, his booming voice echoed through the cabin. Khushi shut her eyes tight and scrunched her nose. Oh no, she gulped. Rakesh added "You should've gone with her." Ritesh left the cabin angrily. Khuraisha shook her head and rolled her eyes discreetly.

*Present time*

"So then what happened? How did you get AR on board? And why did you even go there? Isn't your ankle still sprained?" Ritesh folded his arms across his chest.

Rather than explaining the whole story, about how she went as Khushboo and stuff, she simply explained that she requested a meeting with ASR and discussed the event details with him.

"It was luck. And I'm glad that luck favored us and therefore Arnavji has agreed to participate with us." She stared ahead, smiling as she said his name and thought of him.

Ritesh tensed. He didn't miss the way she referred to him as Arnavji. Not even ASR as the rest called him, but Arnavji. And here he himself had been trying to get her to say his name. But she always called him Sir. Irrational as it was, he was angry.

Brushing those thoughts aside, he went on to the reason he was there.

"Well, whether it was luck or not, I still think that you deserve full credit. As part of the company's policy to treat our staff and to appreciate your efforts, I'm taking you out to dinner. You and I will celebrate. Tonight." Excitement filled him at the thought of being alone with her for a night. He would choose a perfect romantic restaurant, buy her flowers and make her feel special. Of course, he would grab any other bonuses for the night after dinner too..

In all his mental arrangements for the night, he missed the way Khushi shifted in her chair. He wanted to take her out? Just the two of them? But he was her boss.. it wasn't appropriate. How come I've never heard of anyone else being treated to dinner? How do I get out of this, she wondered. Would he be offended if she said no? Earlier she hadn't returned his hug, and now if she refused him again..

Ritesh looked at Khushi and saw her hesitating. Uncrossing his arms, he moved closer to her desk and sat on the edge of it. Khushi had to strain her neck to look up to him from her seat.

"You can't refuse me, Khushi." Ritesh said with a hint of possessiveness. Khushi frowned. "I mean, it's the least I can do" Ritesh quickly added.

"Ji, but it's not necessary, Sir," Khushi said gently.

Again with the Sir, Ritesh thought irritated.

Before he could demand her to go with him, her phone started ringing. Innocently lying on the table, it started to vibrate as it flashed an oncoming call. Her screen lit up. Arnavji, it read.

Ritesh looked at her phone and then at Khushi whose face was bright with eagerness. She would've leaped forward and taken the call, but with her boss there, she restrained herself.

He gripped the edge of the table where he sat and resisted the urge to grab her phone and smash it to pieces. Why was she getting a call from her Arnavji? And why did she seem so happy about the call? If there was something going on, he would..  he would do something about it. He clenched his jaw.

He calmed a little when she didn't pick it up. Soon, the call ended, and so did Khushi's eager heart beats. But in less than five seconds, it rang again.

From the same caller.

Khushi reached for her phone and stared at it for a second before looking up to Ritesh apologetically. He understood that she wanted to receive the call.

And by doing so, she wanted to brush off his dinner invitation. Well, he would let no A, S or R excuse away their date. She was going with him, and that was final.

Standing up tall, he stepped away from the desk and towered over her. "No excuses Khushi. Tonight. Be ready, I'll get you at 6pm when work is over." The order was loud and clear. Before she could reply, he looked at her phone distastefully and spun on his heels, leaving quickly before she could refuse.

Previous

Chapter 12

Next

Chapter 14

Hearts graphics

Edited by Checkmatee - 7 years ago
Checkmatee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Junglebee

As an extension to my previous short and sweet comment, i thought let me add some tadka to the comments section of this story...
What i have loved about this story is, it being a blend of realistic portrayal of how two people behave when attracted and all the fantasies that we readers have been seeking to give an image to, has been fulfilled by this story. However previous update has been a bit puzzling to me. Arnav getting too touchy which is amply explained by his sudden nd inexplicable need to have her close and under his gaze.. However its too early to get so close to her , when she is an innocent girl at heart..
And her being completely under the spellof his charisma is understandable, however its quite unlikely of her personality and character not take offense to his invading her personal space, when he had been calling her names like shameless and not fit to be called kumari... These things should have come to her mind and she must have tried to investigate the reasons for the same.. It comes across as contradictory with respect toboth arnav and khushi's character.
For arnav, who has been calling khushi shameless , as he was repelled by khuraisha's behaviour and her clingy and sleazy act was doing exactly the same with khushi , when he knew that she was feeling uncomfortable with all the gentlemanly act he was doing ...
This comment is in no way a criticism of any sort, but just my teeny weeny observations.. I love ur story without doubt and would like to understand what goes on in ur shaatir dimag while u shape up the flow of the story.

Thanks for such an observation! I thought when people read stories, they just read and enjoy it. I didn't realize you would think like an author too πŸ˜Š

I understand that you may think it was too soon for Arnav so close to her. However, I felt that it would be acceptable since with Arnav, things have always been unpredictable (following his personality in the show)

You were right to point out that Khushi should've taken offense at Arnav's actions and words. However, I wanted to portray Khushi as a sweet girl who has been swept away by the man. Her being so feisty over the phone was before they'd met, when she had no face to relate to him. But after meeting him, she was taken in.

She was curious about Arnav's strong and rude words through the email - about the Kumari and all that, however how could she find answers when doing so would reveal who she really is?

In addition, he was repelled by Khuraisha who was dressed to reveal, who was too forward, who had been offering her body, if you remember the update. But with Khushi, he observed she was gentle, firm and intelligent during their meeting when she talked about her company. She was fresh and innocent to him.

He only continued being close to her despite her looking uncomfortable because she had been blushing. And because she didn't push him away, he went ahead. It's also mentioned in the update that he didn't know why he was being so forward with her.

I hope my thoughts on this is able to help you understand what I was thinking when I typed. Hopefully you can still enjoy it!

Thanks for the feedback, it helped me organize and reason my characters better. Hope you hear more of such feedback from you.

Happy Chapter 13!!  πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Checkmatee - 7 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
awesome chapters both...😊... was gonna comment more, but just saw that u have updated chapter 14 too...so m kinda late πŸ˜­Edited by anjs - 7 years ago
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Awesome update.
Loved it so much.
Hope khushi gets a date with her Arnav ji instead.
Her boss is irritating.
Tfd pm.
Continue soon.
..Saraa.. thumbnail
This ritesh is too much! And Arnav called Khushi by her name!  : O
OMG!

How did he get to know?
arushi18 thumbnail
Hey, just read your chapters in go... loving it.. It is really hard for me to read it very slowly... πŸ˜† U are writing a great story here.. hope arnav knows the real khushi soonn... 
Keep writingπŸ‘
nisha_mehta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice part.
Khushi will have to be very careful around Ritesh
Continue soon 
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
why cant kushi be stern with ritesh that guys advances are too much
SaiSreePN thumbnail
superb update... arrr... this ritesh is sooo irritating wishing that sooner asr smash his face... looking forward for next part
thanks for pmEdited by arshi_abhigya - 7 years ago