India-Forums

Asian Shows
Asian Shows

Marriage Contract - a beautiful drama worth watching

BinKuchKahe. IF-Sizzlerz
BinKuchKahe.
BinKuchKahe.

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 11:00pm | IP Logged

Marriage Contract just ended. Sigh. I really loved this drama. 
Generally dramas with this kind of premise where one of the leads might die from a terminal disease are very melodramatic & annoying..but this drama was different. It was refreshing. A journey of true love, from the start till the endHeart

The treatment of the ML/FL interaction was definitely refreshing. FL was in a situation where she needed help, but she was no damsel in distress who needed saving. And neither was the ML some arrogant jerk or the nicest guy in the world. There was something so real about the leads, & their interaction with each other was one of equals, with both giving it back to each other when needed. And of course, their chemistry was really crackling..UEE gave her finest performance in this show. Such nuanced acting from her. Even the ML was amazing. And their scenes after he finds out - again there was no typical confrontation of why you did this etc. It was understood. And when they got together.. SIGH THEY LOOKED LIKE A REAL FAMILY. Even the emotional scenes were absolutely beautiful. I couldn't help but cry at their last dance togetherBroken Heart

And of course, the FL's daughter, Eun Sang. Again, her dreams, the way she feels, everything was so realistic. That scene when she finds out that her mother has broken up with the ML, I like how she quickly ran after her mother instead of staying with her ajusshi. If this was another drama, she would be so quick to choose her new father over her mother. Wacko And of course, how she slowly started falling in love with her new father & just the way the 3 of them became a familyDay Dreaming

There was no typical third angle. Even the parallel FL (can't even call her parallel FL because she wasn't there all the time.. they didn't make her appear all the time as a clingy GF) who loved the ML, left him when she realised he loved another. She didn't cling on to him & plot to get him. Thank the CVs for small mercies!

Even the whole mistress angle & the ML's lead relationship with his father was not typical, like it happens in most K-dramas. The ML's mother was no delusional woman running after the man, & neither was the ML typical in hating his mother, or father. He loved his mother & saw through her, despite the mistakes she made. And when the time came, he knew how to walk out & not be controlled by his father. Even the Chairman was no typical ruthless man.. I like that the CVs showed his humane side as he was left all alone in his mansion. And his subtle realisation of how he pushed everyone away hidden underneath his anger.

All the supporting characters were interesting too, without any of them being annoying. Especially loved the ML & FL's friend..they were such a huge support system for the leads. 

I really really enjoyed watching this drama. It never dragged. I loved everything about it & it ended on the right note. What a poetic ending, without the need for a conclusion - the point being that we should live in the moment & enjoy whatever that we have, whether it is for one more day, or a year. The last 2 episodes were absolutely beautiful. You guys should give this a try if you haven't. 

Edited by prc_fan1 - 24 April 2016 at 11:26pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

WinniethePooh.Onie...--Amulya--poo_jrishani77

poo_j IF-Rockerz
poo_j
poo_j

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Its undoubtedly one of the best dramas I ve ever seen!!! ClapClapClap

You explained everything perfectly!!! 

From acting, direction, chemistry between leads and the cute kid..Everything was perfection!!!Approve

Uee's acting was so brilliant..ClapClapClap From YRB to here..What a transformation!!! 

Eun Sung was a show-stealer!!!  

Hye Soo

Edited by poo_j - 25 April 2016 at 1:29am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rishani77BinKuchKahe.

--Amulya-- IF-Dazzler
--Amulya--
--Amulya--

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 4:16am | IP Logged
Sammy, just now I finished watching the last 2 epi's and I'm filled with loadz of emotions right now... 
Its not the 1st time that I watched such a beautiful K-drama and also the concept is not fresh but MC still is the best outta all those similar plots...

Honorable mention of UEE... I've been watching her since You're Beautiful and she has improved to the utmost... now she is finally a phenomenol actress... I just love how well she portrayed all the emotions...

ML as usual has added another great performance to his lengthy list... Eun Sung is the charm of this drama...

I just love many characters ML's BFF and FL's BFF... their pairing was cute and my lovely cheff_nim... flawed brother, step mom and birth mom, uncle, FL's MIL... everything about this drama is so perfect...

It'll forever be one of the best dramas for the way it handled such a melo concept of deathly disease too well... and the perspective with which life should be lived...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BinKuchKahe.

WinniethePooh. Senior Member
WinniethePooh.
WinniethePooh.

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 10:55pm | IP Logged

I started watching it as per your recommendation. Really loving it so far. Will post a review once I finish it.
LovelyDil Senior Member
LovelyDil
LovelyDil

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 3:46am | IP Logged
Im still on ep 13 and kept it on hold because of the heavy feels that may come in...and I am still not ready for it!!!!!Cry
BinKuchKahe. IF-Sizzlerz
BinKuchKahe.
BinKuchKahe.

Posted: 13 May 2016 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LovelyDil

Im still on ep 13 and kept it on hold because of the heavy feels that may come in...and I am still not ready for it!!!!!Cry

Go for it! It just keeps getting betterHeart
Onie... Goldie
Onie...
Onie...

Posted: 13 May 2016 at 8:41am | IP Logged
I watched this drama since epi 1(Thanks to my Soompi activity at that time LOL). Someone mentioned here that this drama isn't that good so i never commented afterwards. 

Like seriously man it was so good. Most amazing part is even the plot was not unique, the drama didn't turn out how everyone predicted it to be. probably the first time I liked a open ending.

All the actors did some fantastic job here. Lee Seo Jin is always good and Uee improved so much. I am not a fan I've gotta admit she is a fine actress now.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rishani77

itsokaysammy IF-Stunnerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 15 May 2016 at 3:02am | IP Logged
i'm planning to watch this soon..

Go to top