Jamai Raja
Jamai Raja

TS: My Prom Date Page 1

.giggles. IF-Sizzlerz
.giggles.
.giggles.

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:35pm | IP Logged

~ My Prom Date~

Love is unlike anything that I can explain. I can't explain or define love. Of course, google has a definition for everything; but there are some emotions that are not defined, but heartfelt. That's why they are emotions, not science or maths! There is no fixed formula or theory that explains how you fall in love, it happens whether you like it or not!!

-Rosh

To begin with, I am Roshni. Friends call me Rosh for short.

In this story I was in twelfth grade (as you could probably tell from the title). And I am not much old right now either, it's just that I've graduated from high school last month so I can't consider myself a twelfth grader anymore.

So there is this guy that I really really liked! The first time I saw him, he gave me the sweetest smile ever. His attitude was less of an arrogant guy and more of a person who wanted to connect with people. By the looks of it, he was a guy that would probably become friends with just about anyone.

Of course, he was doing his job. (He worked at cup & cones and it was his job to interact with customers!) But only a few people take their job so literally that their customers mean everything to them.  And since you don't see that everyday, I remember our first meet very well. Of course, I didn't like him yet or did I kind of? But the thing is, it's just that I don't believe in love at first sight. In my eyes, it's not possible. But even saying that, a small portion part of my heart is neutral on the topic. There are some things that are best left alone, and are difficult to understand.  Love at first sight is something like that- at least for me. But there is something that I do believe in strongly: Love. Not at first sight. Not even something that grows with time. Just love by itself. Love. Yes, I am a pretty emotional person.

And you might be wondering, how did the story go from there? How did I fall in love with a guy who worked at Cup n' Cones? Are you afraid that this is a story about my recurring visits to Cup n' Cones just so I can catch a glimpse of my crush? Well, yes and no. As a girl, I can say yes I did go there often, but wait there is more to the story than that. Trust me.

My advice: Just lay back and get ready to read about what for me, was an emotional roller coaster.

Okay, I've always been a very dramatic girl. I absolutely love watching Bollywood movies and television shows. I can be a bit girly that way. But hey that's what got me believing in love stories. And since then my eyes have always kept a watch out for the right person that would enter my life. And that main character was a guy named Siddharth, or Sid. I've already told you how I met him. Now, read on.

It was during passing time. You know, the time we had to catch up with our friends between classes. My friend and I were walking around the hallways as usual. I had dramatically turned around while telling my friend how to properly shoot someone, and I started walking backwards.

"You know how to shoot someone," I said laughing at Kritika. Kritika tried to say something but I kept on yapping away as usual. And then I turned around suddenly and made a shooting noise with my mouth, as my hand formed into a gun shape. Which was a mistake, cause Sid was walking in my direction as he was fumbling with his folders.

He looked up to see my gun shaped hand pointing towards him. Immediately, my insides froze up. He was the same guy from Cup n' Cones. And. he. was. at. this. School.

How'd I never notice you?' I muttered stupidly.

"Say what?" Sid asked, looking at me and my friend confusedly.

"Nothing," I said, suddenly breathless. For some reason, I was feeling nervous.

He pretended to put up his hands in surrender and then he smiled at me.

"Silly," he mouthed at me, before he walked past me. His arm brushed past mine and I just stood there dumbfounded.

My head was screaming HE GOES TO THIS SCHOOL!!"

Kritika noticed my reaction and giggled. "All okay Rosh?"

I just stood there my eyes blinking slowly. Suddenly, the warning bell rang. "I need to get to class," I told Kritika, my face turning red as I ran away from there.

From then on, I started noticing him in the halls more often. Isn't it weird how you cannot notice a person at all before you have not officially met them? Or maybe I wanted to see him every time. Everytime I would go out of the classroom, my brain questioned whether I would come across him.

After about a week or two of this, Kritika told me that either I had to stop acting all weird or actually get to know the guy. I chose the ladder.

I went to Cup n' Cones after school. "Hey," I said. He greeted me warmly. "Welcome back, Roshni."

I looked up in surprise. "How'd you know my name?"

"You know Kritika's bro and I are friends. He told me about you and Kritika."

"Oh," I said, flustered that they had talked about me. Stupid Kritika didn't tell me about this' I thought.

I smiled shyly. "Chocolate cone, please!"

"Yes mam!" he said, jokingly and handed me the cone. I took a spot at one of the tables and I was surprised as a few minutes later he joined me.

"I get off about this time," he told me. I nodded.

"So, you are a pretty violent young lady," he began to say.

"What?!" I said, surprised.

"Duh, you were trying to kill me that other day," he said.

I laughed. "That's true enough," I joked. "I have many victims!"

He smiled at me, and for a moment I thought he looked a little bit shy.

That gave me a boost of confidence.

"Meanie," he said, playfully punching my arm.

"Yes, I am very mean!" I said standing up. "By the way, you're pretty cool!"

"Really?" he asked.

I smiled at him. "Of course."

"Well wanna be friends with this cool dude?"

"Sure," I said, rolling my eyes pretending that I didn't care much.

He smiled at me again, and that automatically made me smile.

That night I lay awake in my bed. I felt like my life was changing in a big way. These days I had started being dreamy about everything I did, and everytime I saw him he'd only say something so cute that would become my best moment of the day.

I smiled and texted him good night. My heart started beating fast when he texted back good night'. My heart felt such happiness at the moment that it almost hurt.

And that was just before my feelings would change again. Soon I would realize that happiness is a wonderful feeling whether you feel it yourself or feel it for someone else.

Edited by daisypat - 26 April 2016 at 9:45pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

shikha_006tehreemsajidChejuuSidNiaparnalokamrosesidniskinnypalprathe

rosesidni IF-Rockerz
rosesidni
rosesidni

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Woww.. U will write on SidNiEmbarrassed DancingWaitingTongue.. I know u are a good writerBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.giggles.prathe

prathe IF-Stunnerz
prathe
prathe

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 12:09am | IP Logged
yo yoClap daisypat new un is so cool i will call u daisyEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.giggles.

aparnalokam IF-Dazzler
aparnalokam
aparnalokam