Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Ranters Reloaded:Dur Phitte Muh |CC#7|IO| Congratulations Naseem <3 (Page 23)

Fantasia. IF-Sizzlerz
Fantasia.
Fantasia.

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Oh as for sharad, i read an article yesterday that sharad and kritika were called in the COLOURS office for an explnanation! LOL .. apparently kritika showed some attitude to press reporters .. and sharad misbaheved with crew members bcz apparently he was pissed off that his ex divyanka and his current fiance vivek were shooting next doors!! Shocked 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pinkeye

Fantasia. IF-Sizzlerz
Fantasia.
Fantasia.

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
and for the guilt part, i agree payal .. SD blames himself for first refusing mannu, and then pushing her to marry someone which he wasnt sure about .. bcz at the end mannu did marry him bcz SD said that he is a nice person .. so  this is guilt of pushing her away .. 

pinkeye

pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
My parents mistook my cinema for Subhash Ghai kind of films"

Rachit Gupta
Written By Rachit Gupta
Features Editor
Posted Tue, Apr 26, 2016
RATE STORY
Rated
Rate
SHARE THIS STORY

Kapoor & Sons has earned big at the box-office. Couple it with the unanimous positive reviews it received and Shakun Batra's latest family drama is the big winner of the year. The praise for the film, on social media and elsewhere, seems never ending. But for the young director, Shakun Batra, the feeling is not euphoric but of relief. He says, "I'm comforted by the thought that the film found its audience. Because when we were making the film the constant feedback that we got was that it was a niche film. Would people accept it? What would be the reactions to Fawad Khan's character? I was concerned about these."

The team at Dharma Productions, including the actors were nervous about the film's prospects. Shakun says, "There were a lot of jokes between Fawad and me about his homosexual character. I used to say, Bro! Your career is over. People are going to f****ng hate you. You have a female fan following, that will just run away'. We used to laugh and use the humour to cover up our nervousness." He's happy the tension has melted. He
states that the way the collections have jumped has assured him that it's possible to go out there and tell a story. "People won't just pay for stupid entertainment; they'll also pay to connect with a story and its characters."

For Shakun, Kapoor & Sons has been a definite step up. "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu was just the boy and girl not ending up together. But here I dealt with sexuality, infidelity and even something as dark as death. People don't expect this in a light-hearted movie. These are uncomfortable themes as far as Indian movies are concerned. We usually like our movies clean and neat, where everything sort of ties up in the end. Our attempt was to stay away from the sugar coating and be real and believable."

He's grown up watching Hindi movies. But he never found a taste for overt sweetness. He prefers the realism of the '60s and '70s Hollywood movies. "Look at the movies of Billy Wilder or Woody Allen. They worked with studios. But their films had a specific voice, he points out." He believes it's important to have a voice, which is in sync with the story. And producer Karan Johar helped him identify the right voice, says he, "It might not be the traditional Dharma (Productions) story. But I got utmost support and encouragement from him. I'm a nobody really; I come from a non-film background. For Karan to say, You seem interesting, your ideas seem interesting, go ahead and make the films you want to make' mattered a lot," he observes.

He values the advice of his mentor. He was ecstatic when Karan suggested exactly what was on his mind as well. "He asked me to keep it small. After Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, I wanted to keep things even smaller. The idea was to make something that was honest, mature and sincere. I'm 33 and the film needed to have the voice of a 30-year-old and not that of a 25-year-old, which was when I wrote Ek Main..." He uses the Woody-Allen-esque word schmaltzy'! He used to keep telling himself, "No schmaltz, no schmaltz."

Shakun was keen to maintain an air of reverence. He wanted to treat his characters with respect and lend them dignity. "Take the father's extramirtal affair. The other woman is not some vamp. She's not your filmi husband stealer who walks into parties doing, Hmpf! Hmpf!' She probably deserves Rajat more than Ratna does. That's what she believes. They probably even had a moment of love. These sort of moments were important to the story." 

Hollywood plays an important role in Shakun's craft. He looks up to the works of Hal Ashby, Mike Nichols and Woody Allen. And keeps asking himself, why can't we make films like that?"I wonder how Woody Allen could tell such a brilliant story in Hannah & Her Sisters in just 1 hour 40 minutes. That's the journey." He believes some filmmakers are more efficient than others. A good director, according to him knows how to make his audience emote and feel the depth of a situation.  Ironically, his parents don't always approve of his movies. They don't get what his films are trying to say. "They mistook my cinema for Subhash Ghai kind of films," he laughs. "For them cinema is about dramatic scenes and performances. My films don't have those scenes."

He cites Monsoon Wedding as a big influence in Kapoor & Sons. Mira Nair's refreshing wedding comedy was the first time Shakun saw an Indian family on screen that felt real. "I did not like the Hum Aapke Hain Koun..! family, I did not like the Maine Pyaar Kiya family. I enjoyed those films thoroughly but the families didn't seem real. Monsoon Wedding just felt a lot more authentic. " He clarifies, "It's not that my film borrows in plot, story, theme or structure from Monsoon Wedding." When he met Sabrina Diwan (writer of Monsoon Wedding) in New York, he told her that her film was his Bible.   

He admits his growing up years influenced the story of Kapoor & Sons. "I've studied in Canada. I lived away from my family who were in Delhi. I connect with a story like Kapoor & Sons. I believe there is a cultural truth, which you categorise as Indian or American. And then there is a universal truth. So when you see a movie like A Separation by director Asghar Farhadi, you connect with it, even though it comes from a small place like Iran. But the idea is to move beyond the cultural truth. To tell stories that are bigger and wider, where people connect overall."

He's happy people were able to connect with the theme of a dysfunctional family. He gives credit to his actors. "I could write as much as I wanted. But if the performances were not pitched right it could all have fallen flat," he states. "It was always about playing it real and fighting the temptation to act out or to act for the camera. It was about forgetting that the camera existed." He believes the foundation of the film is the script, everything else comes after it. He explains, "So when you have a bunch of talented actors like Rishi Kapoor, Rajat Kapoor, Ratna Pathak-Shah, Fawad Khan, Alia Bhatt and Sidharth Malhotra, you give them something meaty, something they can dive into. My actors are people I thank for life."

As mentioned earlier, Woody Allen has been a big influence on his creative process. He's glad that like Allen's films, audiences In India have begun accepting conversation-driven movies. "They're happy to watch two people talk. If you pick a film like Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, the plot is wafer thin. But it's just the conversations of two people that makes that film tick. Which is why I rank films like Lost In Translation, Before Sunrise and Annie Hall  above others. I'm glad people in our country are accepting dialogue driven, conversational films."

http://www.filmfare.com/features/my-parents-mistook-my-cinema-for-subhash-ghai-kind-of-films-13073-4.html#descArticle

=====================================================================

Shakun BATRA's interview .

pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fantasia.

oh vikku bhaiya us drama k character hain! ok ok! LOL .. and what do u expect asmi .. HAWT couples ki demand dekhi haina .. obv the forum is gonna go ga ga over it .. LOL .. the common public seems like addicted to HAWT romances! D'oh

Vikash Gupta is head of lostboys production who made Kaisi yeh yarriyaan. Asmita unhe pyar sebhaiya bulati hai. LOLLOL
and payal .. oh you wrote beautifully! Heart

thank you. I really thought thosescenes were striking. tahnk god chose to watch a watchable episode. LOL

Yes yesterday's episode was a saving a sinking ship kind of an episode, it gave some hope as compared to the previous episode where everything was haywire. 

Firsly, yes SD looks super handsome and savy in suits and post leap look, esp his scene with the suit in the office is like .. OMGEE!! LOL .. super handsome! and also, i like his characterisation, which came to forefront in yesterday's episode, he is not the typical sarial kharos type .. he can laugh and smile and tease, and that was nice to see. A serious person who doesn't keep frowning all the time. Fresh characterisation. 

Yes he is not that heart broken drunkard, dukhiara devdas kind. Yes he is heartbroken, lonely but knows how to deal with it with senses intact. Thts a plus for this not so strong character. Or he is strong that's why he is portrayed like this? point to ponder upon.  He is not cynical after love evades him. I like the fact that he still belive in relationships and value them, even if it involves a supposed spouse who si still astarnger. rarae trait to appreciate another individual's feelings.
and yes he looks great as raees Sd. mujhe who bhi bada dumdaar kaga when he says- Sab kuch lagti hai meri. pura haq se. its unrealistic but I liked it knowing how much he cared.
But how long will be in oblivion making things right for her and destruct himself. that's not justice done to ownself.

and for Mannu, well Maya Ali gave an interview saying that Mannu wont disappoint, she may seem weepy but you would love her when it ends, so that gives me hope, but nonetheless doesn't take away the fact that she spent her life with an abusive person. 

I hope she gives few tight slaps on Mikahel's face to knock some sense in those cowdung filled head. Mujhe chote bacche pasanad nahi. Par unke baap ka atg lagawane me bada maza ata hai. Loser. I hope she gathers all her strength and teach hima  lesson or he dies in hands of those velle juari friends. AngryDead

As for SD and the marriage talk- LOVED IT. This person values every thing in a relationship, oh the irony, when he wasnt afraid of companionship, he was afriad of financial burdens and when he is secure finacially, he cannot give companionship .. and also i like his servant too! LOL

Yes I also like the servant- Sd bond. Does he teach him English? LOLLOL Universal tutor Sd. LOLLOL
I love the reference that now he cant offer companionship as its too much loneliness that resides.

and then, the bro - sis scene was heart warming, esp the kiss on the head!, SD is national bhaiyaa! LOL .. as for Geena, ahve never seen Ayesha Khan in such a character before, she did well with all ehr drooling!! "uff Allah ye banda mujhe itna kyun psnd hai!! LOL

National Bhaiyaa? Dangerous for image of a heartthrob. Is HAA a heartthrob for many in pak?
I am looking forward to SD-Jeena- Mannu dynamics to play out. I found that phone convo and kabaddi khel raha tha scene funny. Aap phone off karke nahi sote? LOLLOLLOL

bUT BUT .. the story is still wavering .. hopefully the next episodes pick it up .. and now payal,, i will just listen to the poetry again and give u translations .. u need word to word translations? 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Replied in blue. Big smile

Aap mujhe meaning samjhne ke liye translation de do Kinza with original lines. that will be ok. aur story toh kab ki derail ho chuki hai. Bas at times the characters show spark and actors pull it through.

Edited by pinkeye - 26 April 2016 at 1:35pm
pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:37pm | IP Logged

and for the guilt part, i agree payal .. SD blames himself for first refusing mannu, and then pushing her to marry someone which he wasnt sure about .. bcz at the end mannu did marry him bcz SD said that he is a nice person .. so  this is guilt of pushing her away .. 

its an interesting point in the sd- mannu current relationship status and I would really like to know how it will play out when there will be real heart to heart convo. obvio that will come in the last epi just like any other pak drama. par phir bhi waiting. Embarrassed
pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:39pm | IP Logged

Oh as for sharad, i read an article yesterday that sharad and kritika were called in the COLOURS office for an explnanation! LOL .. apparently kritika showed some attitude to press reporters .. and sharad misbaheved with crew members bcz apparently he was pissed off that his ex divyanka and his current fiance vivek were shooting next doors!! Shocked 

DeadDead

bade bade stars ke chote chote nakhre. LOL
Fantasia. IF-Sizzlerz
Fantasia.
Fantasia.

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
payal where was the poetry? after mannu and SD talk in hospital right?

pinkeye

pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 26 April 2016 at 1:51pm | IP Logged

payal where was the poetry? after mannu and SD talk in hospital right?

no when he left for office and working in the office late night as Jeena comes. prior to that. at 6.40-6.45 min  around.

sorry for bothering you yaar. Ouch

Fantasia.

Go to top