Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

Dead Ishita would get Shagun nowhere; check the song link added (Page 6)

Lacustris Goldie
Lacustris
Lacustris

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Very well written Zoya.Clap read all your posts.well thoughtful. You practically cleaned off all the grime and dirt off of the character that Raman Bhalla is. With all the incomplete scripts the CVS are doing so much injustice to the leads. Still with their powerful acting they convey more than what CVS ever could put into script.Only if they get stronger script to highlight their caliber this would have been a great story.
Dispite writing pages & pages of script and max screen space to one char she could neither generate sympathy nor love from viewers infact they are literally driving away loyal fans.
Hope you write more often.ClapClap

Edited by ishrafan_us - 25 April 2016 at 12:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zoyamalik2005

Zoyamalik2005 Senior Member
Zoyamalik2005
Zoyamalik2005

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Anku-

Bang on once again Clap I have no words. 

I believe Raman never really loved Shagun. He THOUGHT he loved her. It was infatuation, it was an arranged marriage, and then they had kids. For an idealist like Raman in those days, home and family meant love. But what love really is, the soul rendering and all consuming is what Raman has for Ishita. And that now no one can replace. Whether she is alive or not, and when Raman knows this or not, he can never be Shagun's. Because even when he claims to hate Ishita, he's only ever loved her, and when he said Shagun didn't exist for him, she never came to exist for him ever again. 

I most definitely need to talk about this in more depth. I honestly feel like what Raman had with Shagun pales in comparison to what he feels for Ishita, and even this is an understatement. I agree that I don't really think Raman understood what love truly was until Ishita. Shagun's betrayal and her wrecking the marriage left Raman broken. It wasn't so much that she didn't love him by the end. And I remember even he knew by the end, they had a loveless marriage. Raman then decides to enter another loveless marriage with Ishita, only to find himself, after as he thinks knowing better than to fall in love, doing it despite his best efforts. I will most definitely make a post about raman's relationship with these two women, and why I think it's Ishita that will consume him till his last dying breath.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LacustrisyhmmylifeUmeraTariq

Zoyamalik2005
Zoyamalik2005

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=QueSeraSera]Oh this is so bang on...

Honestly I cant remember the last post I had a discussion on which was about exploring the psyches of these characters on this forum.

So, so happy and glad to have the chance again. Thank you for this.

I dunno if you have seen this movie called Aaina - it was made in 1993 and starred Jackie Shroff, Juhi Chawla and Amrita Singh as leads. With Amrita shown as a vain, narcissitic girl who runs away from her own home to pursue a career in movies on the day of her wedding, to her fiance - a man she fell in love with!

The groom on the spur decides to marry the younger sister Juhi and slowly they connect as he brings her out of his shell and finds, she is more like the woman he envisioned as his life partner, his soul mate than the one he thought he fell in love with.

Amrita fails to make any career in the movies and returns only to be shunned by her parents and pitied by her sister - who then tries to ruin her sister and ex-fiance' happy marriage.

I know this is too much and perhaps very disconnected from the show but I cant help but mention this movie and the parallels...

For in Ishita I find the parallel of Juhi, in Raman the parallel of Jackie and in Shagun I find the parallel of Amrita.

The vain sister tries all she can to take back what she thinks is rightfully hers though she once abandoned it herself, and the husband who sees through her in the end makes her realize just how narcissistic and ugly, she who considered herself the most beautiful really is...he shows how the beauty that won him over the first time over was that of her face, the charm she exuded...but after knowing her sister - the one considered not even worthy enough to be in the shadow of her older sister, he found a girl far more beautiful than Amrita could ever really be.

He found a woman he fell in love with not for what she looked like, how she carried herself or the way she dressed - he fell for a woman who made his house a home, who made him feel happy and content, understood and loved; a woman who wasnt just beautiful on the outside, but a woman who is beautiful on the inside...and though Amrita may try all she can, he cant ever find her beautiful again.

He has found his sun, he would rather be icarus and burn chasing the fire that has captured his heart than live on  to be content with mediocrity, he would rather be punished by Juhi for hurting her so, for making her think that he, he chose Amrita over her, though it was all meant to teach Amrita a lesson, than live on in the presumed bubble of happiness that would rather cage him with her.

You write poetrySmile
The idea that Raman will burn chasing Ishita is something I love. The all consuming nature of Raman's love means that things are going to get very, very messy. But that's RKB isn't it. He is messy, and raw, and volatile, and passionate. Raman will declare his hatred for Ishita, but the minute he sees her with mani, glasses will start shattering in hands, drunken accusations will be made. But unlike Shagun, who constantly interfered in Raman's life, Raman himself will take advantage of situations to make Ishita's life hell, as he tries to tell himself he hates her, all the while actually loving her. Everything will keep backfiring as he tries to prove to the world and himself Ishita means nothing, to reveal that she is everything. Raman will try to hate Ishita, and instead just fall even deeper in love with her, if that is even humanly possible. Because sometimes I question, if Raman really can love her more than he does, is it even possible?

Edited by Zoyamalik2005 - 25 April 2016 at 1:56pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

banksiiLacustrisyhmmylifeUmeraTariqQueSeraSera

rose1000 Goldie
rose1000
rose1000

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
It is so refreshing to see a thread of sensible posts  in this forum after ages. Zoya your take on the characters have so much depth and you present your thoughts so beautifully. Thank you so much for creating threads for healthy discussion and not for turning it into war zone. 
Do keep writing. SmileClapThumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Zoyamalik2005LacustrisMdwst

Zoyamalik2005
Zoyamalik2005

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rose35

It is so refreshing to see a thread of sensible posts  in this forum after ages. Zoya your take on the characters have so much depth and you present your thoughts so beautifully. Thank you so much for creating threads for healthy discussion and not for turning it into war zone. 
Do keep writing. SmileClapThumbs Up

well thank you!! i understand that drama and trps drive shows at the time slot yhm has been given. That is why i watch the show remembering such, but also remembering the best things about the essence of the characters that was shown in 11pm slot. i think those characters still exist, they do. they just get lost amidst the ott drama sometimes. i am and always be an ishra fan, and will always be optimistic about them. and in terms of wars between two characters, i find that pointless. people aren't perfect, they make mistakes. And in Ekta land these mistakes are as twisted sometimes, as the twists she introduces into the story...bhoot track anyone? random revenge chick Niddhi chaabra anyone?

rose1000

Zoyamalik2005
Zoyamalik2005

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cheryl_DT

Where were you Zoya! Beautiful name and incredibly beautiful posts (I read your previous post too, but before commenting there, reached hereLOL)
The way you swiped off the dust from initial character sketches that were transformed during the progress of yhm is what I loved. I big hug from me. Also, you possess beautiful writing skills. Keep providing such insights, will look forward to your posts. You have a fan now.Hug 

This is incredibly flattering, thank you so so much Embarrassed
QueSeraSera IF-Stunnerz
QueSeraSera
QueSeraSera

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rose35

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

Oh this is so bang on...

Honestly I cant remember the last post I had a discussion on which was about exploring the psyches of these characters on this forum.

So, so happy and glad to have the chance again. Thank you for this.

I dunno if you have seen this movie called Aaina - it was made in 1993 and starred Jackie Shroff, Juhi Chawla and Amrita Singh as leads. With Amrita shown as a vain, narcissitic girl who runs away from her own home to pursue a career in movies on the day of her wedding, to her fiance - a man she fell in love with!

The groom on the spur decides to marry the younger sister Juhi and slowly they connect as he brings her out of his shell and finds, she is more like the woman he envisioned as his life partner, his soul mate than the one he thought he fell in love with.

Amrita fails to make any career in the movies and returns only to be shunned by her parents and pitied by her sister - who then tries to ruin her sister and ex-fiance' happy marriage.

I know this is too much and perhaps very disconnected from the show but I cant help but mention this movie and the parallels...

For in Ishita I find the parallel of Juhi, in Raman the parallel of Jackie and in Shagun I find the parallel of Amrita.

The vain sister tries all she can to take back what she thinks is rightfully hers though she once abandoned it herself, and the husband who sees through her in the end makes her realize just how narcissistic and ugly, she who considered herself the most beautiful really is...he shows how the beauty that won him over the first time over was that of her face, the charm she exuded...but after knowing her sister - the one considered not even worthy enough to be in the shadow of her older sister, he found a girl far more beautiful than Amrita could ever really be.

He found a woman he fell in love with not for what she looked like, how she carried herself or the way she dressed - he fell for a woman who made his house a home, who made him feel happy and content, understood and loved; a woman who wasnt just beautiful on the outside, but a woman who is beautiful on the inside...and though Amrita may try all she can, he cant ever find her beautiful again.

He has found his sun, he would rather be icarus and burn chasing the fire that has captured his heart than live on  to be content with mediocrity, he would rather be punished by Juhi for hurting her so, for making her think that he, he chose Amrita over her, though it was all meant to teach Amrita a lesson, than live on in the presumed bubble of happiness that would rather cage him with her.

Thank you for bringing up Aaina. It is one of my favorite movies. I have to say one thing...in Bollywood, nonone has executed the intricacies of human relationship so well on screen as has Mr. Yash Chopra. Loved his movies a lot. And yes, the parallel you have drawn between the characters is good. I don't know why but I have always thought if DT is to be compared to any Bollywood actress, she comes closest to Juhi...but yes Juhi has the best comic timing in the industry...I have no idea about DT's comic timing. Anyways..thanks for mentioning Aaina.Smile 

Hi Rose and thank you.

No one can make movies like Yash Chopra, am a huge fan of his movies - he had the rare talent of even making silent moments say a million things in a frame when captured in his movies.

Aaina, is a movie which has stayed in my mind not for its actors but the beautifully woven tangled web of relations shown in the movie and I agree DT has the same charm and effervescence as Juhi, also if you have missed earlier episodes of YHM, watch them her comic timing is good...its not shown much but whenever it is, you cant help but laugh - the one moment that comes to mind on the thought is when Ishita fakes losing her memory just to scare Raman, it's definitely a hilarious scene.  

rose1000

QueSeraSera IF-Stunnerz
QueSeraSera
QueSeraSera

Posted: 27 April 2016 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zoyamalik2005

You write poetrySmile
The idea that Raman will burn chasing Ishita is something I love. The all consuming nature of Raman's love means that things are going to get very, very messy. But that's RKB isn't it. He is messy, and raw, and volatile, and passionate. Raman will declare his hatred for Ishita, but the minute he sees her with mani, glasses will start shattering in hands, drunken accusations will be made. But unlike Shagun, who constantly interfered in Raman's life, Raman himself will take advantage of situations to make Ishita's life hell, as he tries to tell himself he hates her, all the while actually loving her. Everything will keep backfiring as he tries to prove to the world and himself Ishita means nothing, to reveal that she is everything. Raman will try to hate Ishita, and instead just fall even deeper in love with her, if that is even humanly possible. Because sometimes I question, if Raman really can love her more than he does, is it even possible?

Thanks Zoya, if I may call you so Embarrassed 

That's a lovely name by the way..

If I have to sum up the kind of love Raman has for Ishita in two lines in the coming arc of the show they would be -

Main tumhe bhool jaon yeh ho nahi sakta ...

aur tum mujhe bhool jao yeh main hone nahi doonga

The iconic line uttered by Sunil Shetty in the movie Dhadkan, is something that defines love that is beyond limits, a love that is on the brink of madness and wouldn't be stopped at any cost or any point, not unless his goal is achieved.

Raman in my opinion, would be much the same as Sunil when he comes to know about Ishita...he would stop at nothing to destroy the one who he thinks has come between him and his love -  Mani would be Akshay' Ram  to Sunil' Dev for Raman.

Two men who love the same woman but their love or should I say the way that they love like their personalities are poles apart. One is as calm as the surface of a lake and would ensure smooth sailing, while the other is as wild and raging as the sea or should I say the ocean, fathomless and deeper than what appears to the eye.  Just when you think you have discovered everything about it, something new appears and you realize, this is a mystery you perhaps would never solve...

While, that is frustrating to no ends, it is equally fascinating...it is haunting to think this will never end, this quest to know everything. Because the more you know, the deeper you go into the depths of an ocean, you realize perhaps that isn't such a bad thing after all - to never know...because once you do, what next...how would you ever find something else that compares to this magnificence after this?

What could possibly rival the riches that an ocean holds in its heart? Certainly, a lake cannot.

Ishita who has touched the ocean, known and felt it, tasted the hunger and desire once she found and became the heart of it, will return to it.

However, before that the very ocean would burn unleashing storms and hell ...and while at it he would want to destroy the one he loves.  In the end, however,  the one he would hurt would be himself...for in hurting her, he would see her in pain and watching her in pain as well as being the reason she's suffering would torment him to no ends. For his own peace of mind, he would not spare her and for her suffering, he would blame and hate himself even more.

Her agony would be his ecstasy for the world to see, but it would be his hell, for only him to know.

As you said, he might possibly fall more in love with her, if that is even possible ...

But to me, he would just realize the depths of her hold on his heart, his life, his soul, his existence, all that makes him, him and in the process realize, he has as much a hold over her as she does on him...

All the while, as the world would think it is tearing them apart, keeping them apart, rejoice in its victory...the tables would be turned, when it would know, it was only celebrating for an illusion, for nothing can keep these two together or apart - except these two themselves. They need no other besides each other - to build each other up or to tear down.

The world can celebrate the victory of battles, for these two are destined to win the war. 

Edited by QueSeraSera - 27 April 2016 at 1:08am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

banksiiZoyamalik2005LacustrisDivanIshrarukaa1202

Go to top