Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi

India-Forums

najma123 IF-Rockerz
najma123
najma123

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 11:59am | IP Logged

"Hi." Sonakshi said, when Dev called her, following his morning ritual quite religiously.

"Why is there no fervor in your Hi?" He asked, a little breathlessly, as he jogged in the relatively cool Delhi morning.

"Maybe because, I am in no mood to talk to you." Sonakshi said, frankly.

"Will your mood, better itself, if we watch the 09:10 show of Fan at Inox?" Dev asked, laughing softly, looking at his watch.

"Maybe, if you don't cancel it this time." Sonakshi replied.

"I'll pick you up at 8."

"I'll drive."

"Don't forget your license, I am a law abiding citizen." Dev said, cheekily.

"Self-proclaimed law abiding citizen. There isn't a single rule in the dating book that he hasn't flouted." Sonakshi muttered, making sure, her voice was loud enough that Dev could hear.

"I wouldn't have flouted any, if there were any to begin with." Dev, said, his laughter loud and clear now.

"Well, someone claimed, courtesy and chivalry are reserved for dating. I am yet to experience this highly claimed chivalry." Sonakshi said, sarcastically.

"They are reserved for occasional dates. There are no laws for dating. No wonder, girls are the major causes for break ups. You women, expect way too much." Dev replied casually.

"If my wishes seem exorbitant for you, you can go to Ishwari Enterprises at 8.30 am sharp and carry on your tryst with Teena. I will carry on mine, with my patients. Bye." Sonakshi said, with finality, but she didn't cut the call.

"Teena is on leave, and your patients can wait, like you are, for my apology. Phone kaatna hota, toh kabki kar chuki hoti." Dev said, knowingly.

"Hello, Mister, itna akkad mat dikhao."

"Be ready at 8. I have to go now. Meri jogging mein khalal mat dalo. Bye."

"Bye." Sonakshi said, smiling.

Inside The Theatre

"There are 10 people in this place. I think this film is a flop. We should just go back, and do something more productive." Dev grumbled.

"Stop annoying me, Dev. We are early, the show begins at 9.10, and it is just 9.05 now. It's a Shahrukh Khan movie, fans throng theatres to catch a glimpse of him." Sonakshi boasted.

"I can sure, see silence thronging this theatre." Dev taunted. "I have forgotten why you wanted to see this movie in the first place. I doubt it is a romance. Nikki was telling me, it has a lot of violence. Tumhe toh romance hi pasand hai." Dev grimaced.

"Aur tumhe toh bade intellectual movies pasand hain." Sonakshi rebuked.

"For your kind information, I don't watch movies at all. You forced me to watch DDLj and now this one." Dev said.

"My Grandma is 80+, and woh bhi filmein dekthi hain. You don't have to behave like a 100 year old man. Actually, woh bhi,  tumse zyaada modern aur trendy honge."

"Agar behes hi karni thi, toh ghar mein kar lete. Yahan aane ki kya zaroorat hai?" Dev countered.

"Okay, now. Shush. Movie is starting. Pass me the nachos. I don't like any disturbance when I am watching a movie." Sonakshi declared.

Dev just rolled his eyes, prepared to get thoroughly bored.

"Holy. This dude is crazy..."

"Ouch... why this..."

"Aisa nahi karna tha yaar..."

"Dr. Sonakshi Bose, if this were a cricket match, running commentary would be appreciated. But, I don't think it is, is it?" Dev finally, said, annoyed with her persistent and continuous rant.

"Huh. What? I said, don't disturb. Waise bhi, tum interested nahi ho. Go get me some popcorn." Sonakshi said, not turning her eyes away from the screen.

"No. Wait for the interval. I am not going now, for you to narrate what I missed. Thank you." Dev said, well acquainted with Sonakshi's movie narrations.

The Interval

"See? There are still only 10 people in the theatre." Dev said, looking around.

"Do your Math, there are 15 people." Sonakshi, was still not giving in.

"Big difference. It was supposed to be a great movie, this and that, so on and so forth." Dev said, jesting at Sonakshi's expense.

"I am hungry."

"You already had those nachos; all of this is not good for your health and figure." Dev said, albeit jokingly, he didn't really care about those extra calories, both of them were fitness freaks.

Sonakshi asked. "Kano ? Jodhi Ami fat hoi jabo tarpor ami tumake pacchondo asbe na , tai?"

[It means - "Kyun? Agar main moti ho gayi toh kam achchi lagungi tumhe?"]

"Of course. I like everyone fit and healthy. Obesity is fast becoming a hereditary disease in India." Dev said, walking outside the hall towards the food stalls.

"Wait.."Sonakshi said.

"What?"

"Did you notice, THEY DID NOT PLAY JABRA FAN?" Sonakshi was livid.

"Huh? What?" Dev asked, paying only half attention, while paying for the food.

"The song, Jabra Fan! I have been humming the song all week."Sonakshi was furious.

"Maybe, it comes in the second half. How can you be so sure?" Dev countered.

"I don't know, maybe, but I have a feeling it is unlikely." Sonakshi said, calming down a bit.

"Let us go in now. The movie is about to begin." Dev said, literally dragging her in.

A Little While Later

"Now, I know, why people even bothered coming for this movie today when the theatre is literally empty." Dev said, with disgust, looking at a couple busy in their world, oblivious to the movie playing in front of them.

"What... What are you saying?" Sonakshi took a glance around, before turning her attention back to the film. It was gripping, and Dev was focusing on everything except the movie, and her, of course. The last thought was just in passing, and Sonakshi didn't mind it. But, a girl, could definitely think?

"Huh... Oh. Them. Well, not all boyfriends are unromantic like mine." Sonakshi said, not at all complaining.

"Excuse me. I don't need a movie theatre to romance my girlfriend. This is almost like sneaking."

"Agar, bahar karenge, toh it will be slammed as PDA, agar yahan karte hain, toh sneaking, aur agar nahi karenge, toh old filmon ki tarah, Maein, shuru ho jayengi, all pote ka muh dikh la do.' What can people do?" Sonakshi said, with excessive flare, and Dev didn't even bother controlling his laughter.

"Tumhi ekdum impossible." Dev said. [DEV SAYS THIS IN BENGALI.]

"You don't have to show off your, highly deficient Bengali." Sonakshi said.

"Let us continue this, after the movie is over."

After The Movie

"I think, I have a chill in my spine. But, they didn't play the song. I am going to complain to the Manager." Sonakshi said, her anger not subsiding.

"It was supposed to come n Bhojpuri, Tamil and other languages. Kameenon ne Hindi mein bhi nahi dikhaya. Let us go find the Manager."

Sonakshi said, both of them walking out.

Dev pressed his fingers to his forehead.

Sonakshi, unmindful, of Dev's reaction, continued, "What the hell do they think of themselves? Just because, the theatre was less occupied, they reduced the running time to save power and AC consumption? That is so cheap! Hum thodi na muft mein gaye the." Sonakshi said.

"Ahm, Sonakshi, we'll just go again, in the weekend or something? I am sure, with more numbers then, they wouldn't repeat this. Par abhi ke liye, chalte hain, we'll have lunch and leave. I am not in a mood for this."

"No. Not happening."

"Excuse me, Mr. Malhotra. Are you the Manager her?" Sonakshi said, finally finding the Manager after getting directions. She was about to start her shouting contest, when, Dev stopped her.

"These are, our tickets, we paid for them, and you still cut off the song from the movie. Do NOT play smart. You know it. I, too know it. What you did, is criminal. And, I can, and will take it up in the Consumer Court. I am sure; you don't want me to drag your name there. This Multiplex, will not support you, over its brand image. What do you have to say about it?" Dev said, coolly and plainly.

"Sir... Sir... I am sorry..."

"We need a compensation. I have enough money. But, this is inappropriate and I won't tolerate this crap." Dev said.

Sir, please understand our limitations. The higher our costs, we get pulled up by our authorities. I will offer you, and Madam, two free tickets, to the same movie, the prime time show, for this weekend. Please accept it." The Manager said, making a few calls.

"Don't ever repeat this with anyone else." Dev claimed.

"Well, then. I hope you are happy now." Dev told Sonakshi as they sat, in a nearby restaurant for lunch.

"Not bad." Sonakshi said, playing it cool.

"Thank you." She added, looking at him, smiling.

Dev just shook his head, again with a smile.

"The movie wasn't bad. SRK is a good actor, I must say." Dev agreed, finally. And Sonakshi just gave him her, I told you so.' look.

The End

Note - I repeat, I don't know Bengali. And, in this story, assume, that Dev and Sonakshi are dating. I watched Fan with my brother last week, and something similar happened. So, I am taking out my frustration by posting a story instead of in a blog. Confused LOL

EDITED - lasyap3 gets the credit for Sonakshi speaking in complicated Bengali. Thanks, Lasya. Love you. Btw, if anyone else finds it wrong, blame her. LOLLOL Joking. xD Thanks for the translation.Hug

Edited by najma123 - 26 April 2016 at 11:20am

The following 52 member(s) liked the above post:

simron...chinki121starryLove_skINSHRA4Uaish_kajen25tv_n_bookwormDeepshikha20Smrithirishabh1soch_tiChoclate...msnayakmasooma98harshikatigerahutaManasi90fundyvibha01Zaya.hpammysamyMuku007SweetSauraji91Curlyhairdiaryrukiaa-AditiSmena_k-GrilledCheese-Diaarasika_DSjazmeencutie15AdyaXoxokrystle123raksbasumaniwoodsneharayMimiii22Ferdous_69priyanvshemakeertiPilu05yyyyshaaranyaAutumn_Huebarunshaheersrividhya68Live-lifestuti123asifiqbalsh...Dexterity...--Udhay--trolldemort.

priyanvs IF-Rockerz
priyanvs
priyanvs

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
nice os dear 
loved it 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

najma123

Autumn_Hue IF-Rockerz
Autumn_Hue
Autumn_Hue

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Lively OS full of cute banter and love.. 

najma123

asifiqbalsh IF-Sizzlerz
asifiqbalsh
asifiqbalsh

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Nice OS dear

najma123

Onie... Goldie
Onie...
Onie...

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
You portrayed Sonakshi perfectly... It was like I was watching the show.

And the concept was really good. Lovely One Shot!!

najma123

raksbasu IF-Dazzler
raksbasu
raksbasu

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
SonakshiROFL
U have faced this situationShocked? Hall ownersAngry
But seriously lovely OS. Very well writtenEmbarrassed

najma123

sneharay IF-Rockerz