The classical dichotomy or harmony!!

Posted: 7 years ago
And me ain't no Economics student!πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Just the best fit to summarize the past week😊

So here goes friends, my take
On the week that was...

Quite an eventful week, really
Both literally and figuratively!

First things first...to clarify once again...entirely my thoughts...

EDKV is going great guns...no two ways about it
But am I the only one who has noticed a slight dip
Albeit sporadically
Sometimes in the Writing
Also in the Direction
And therefore in the overall impact as well???

A simple case in point...
Not so long ago we had experienced 2 back to back FLAWLESS weeks
Not a single false note
In fact, was so good
Was hard to believe that this is indeed an Indian TV series!!

This week, though, had some jarring moments
Sometimes inexplicable too!!
I mean this is not Shravan's first case...how on earth did he...THE astute Shravan Malhotra not anticipate Khosla spilling the beans on Sumo?? Did he really believe Khosla possesses even an ounce of integrity, although Shravan thought it was worth 1.5 crores?? 
Difficult to digest that, CVs...

The whole right v/s wrong ideology and its depiction...
I for one, will always cherish the "Physical assault ka bhi thok" and its aftermath moments...in fact, will confess here, that the entire scene from the time Shravan separates Sumo and Nanu's hands...to grip them back together...to everything that followed...and finally, its follow-through thereafter...into Shravan's chamber...tops my list as one of the most nuanced ShraMan moments thus far...
So, why do I bring this up? Is there any relevance??
Have to admit that I was really looking forward to Shravan Malhotra, the kick ass lawyer, and the impact of its dynamic with Shravan's changing equation with Sumo
The beautiful irony being that the human side of Shravan has been depicted ever so beautifully...he is also closer to Sumo than ever before...but couldn't help but ask myself a simple question...
Was all of this not possible AND also Shravan Malhotra, the ASTUTE lawyer??😊
Some food for thought, maybe, CVs??

Didn't think much of how loosely the sahi aur galat paradigm was once again used...whether it was by Tiwariji or Shravan's justification during the face-off in the Malhotra household!!
Those sermon like moments were completely unnecessary...made the milieu relatively run of the mill
And, run of the mill is something we do NOT associate with EDKV
CVs, please take note...
Guess, this is a classic case of indifferent writing letting some very powerful moments down!

Now that the "dichotomous" moments are over and done with, would like to focus on the "harmony"...most of which, was the past week!πŸ˜ƒ

The week started on a really good note...

Full marks to the connotation between the ball and mind games to follow! Nice touch that...of seasoned lawyer Ramnath egging his relatively inexperienced son on! BRILLIANT line thereafter, of the distinction between a good lawyer and a smart one! πŸ‘ And finally, as Ramnath throws the ball only to be caught by Shravan...Ramnath's bait was definitely successful!
Now, for the million dollar question...is taking the easy way out THE depiction of smartness
OR
Was suspecting forgery right at the outset, a smarter way of depicting the smartness of a smart lawyer??πŸ˜†

Now, here's the catch...why then did we have to go through the rigmarole of smartness coming through as an afterthought??!!
And, for this, I SALUTE you, CVs
What a FAB depiction of Shravan's character sketch...of the REAL Shravan Malhotra!!
When it comes to Sumo and her vulnerability, everything else takes a complete backseat (context beautifully set through last Friday's depiction of Sumo's helplessness)
The easy way out then for Shravan is completely JUSTIFIED as the smart way out, too!!

How true
How real
How completely
BELIEVABLE!!

AND, thereafter...
As the enormity of the hastiness of the "smart way out" sank in
And the IMPACT of the same...
As the bigger picture became all so evident
There definitely was a new found
Shravan Malhotra in store!

Great job, CVs, in turning this around
Especially in the context of the "acid test"...
Simply BRILLIANT!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

This week will also be remembered for some really beautiful sublime moments...some classic nuanced acting!
Some examples that come quickly to mind...

- The first one was earlier on in the week, when Mami puts a 'price tag' of 25 lakhs each for Sumo's worth...that look of sheer helplessness as Sumo turned first towards Mamaji and then towards Nanu...is what propelled my question..."What really is the worth of an orphan child's dreams?" Nikita was simply OUTSTANDING here!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

- That touching moment...when Sumo sees a "tainted" Priya Tiffin Service...the impact that moment has on Sumo...all her pain...her anguish...her soul bared for all to see! Beautiful connotation, that!πŸ‘πŸΌ

- When Mami, true to her selfish being, hurls Suman away...what a nuanced way for Shravan to just "be there"...no tempers flying, no speeches made...just a fixed steely gaze as he looks on completely disgusted...first at Mami, and then at Mamaji, and finally concludes with an authoritative  "Yeh 6 lakh dene ka faisla bhi mera tha, aur wapas lene ka bhi!⭐️

- And finally, when Shravan sees Mami all salivating in response to his 'reassurance' of the blank cheque, that split second look of revulsion, on Shravan's face, as he composes himself to carry on...Namik, that was plain GENIUS!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

THIS IS THE CALIBRE, CVs, of EDKV
BRILLIANT Writing
BRILLIANT Direction
BRILLIANT Histrionics
On display!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

WISH TO SEE THIS QUALITY AT ALL TIMES...ALL THROUGH!πŸ˜ƒ

This week also brought to the fore another unique commonality between Shravan and Sumo...
Their "families"!!
Shravan may have an immediate family and Sumo, an adopted one...
It's not very different though
They are both so terribly alone!
Makes Shravan's "Yeh ghar mera bhi hai" so much more meaningful...

FULL MARKS to the CVs, also, for the matter of fact depiction of the agenda driven Tiwari and Malhotra families...what a realistic portrayal of the same...without being judgmental...simply a subtle message...hawks like Khosla thrive on such greed...whether it's Mami in one family or Chachi in another!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Since this post is turning out be rather long, will now summarise the moments that most stood out for me, this week...
In no particular order, here goes...

1. The Shravan-Khosla confrontation scenes
They have historically been DELIGHTFUL to watch! This week's scenes just took them to level next!!⭐️
Avtar Gill is a SEASONED actor...he just takes the sly genius of Khosla to another level altogether!
For Namik Paul to even stand up to him is no mean feat
And here is this young actor, with his amazing GIFT of expressions and ability to speak through his eyes...
Shravan's volleys with Khosla are pure EPIC!πŸ˜ƒ
Interestingly, Namik's dialogue delivery and voice modulation in the Khosla face-offs, always has the right punch
Shravan measures up to Khosla, and how!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

2. The Shravan - Ramnathji "life's lesson" moment
So who will end up teaching the other a lesson or two?
How gratifying will it be for the father to realize that his son has indeed emerged "taller"?
A tough job that, when a son has to fit into the father's shoes
Heart-breakingly difficult it will be, if it is ever the reverse!
What a TOUCHING scene that...
Ramnath not able to look Shravan in the eye
Shravan identifying EXACTLY that, as he seeks to understand the blurring lines
And finally Sumo, just helping that cause a little better
With only a hand in between...
As only Sumo can!

Guess, this one's my favourite...
So many myriad connotations to the lessons of life...
And not to forget,
Very deep, indeed!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

3. The ShraMan scenes

Now where do I even begin...the tough part I guess, of having to summarise it all...is so much better when the gushing and drooling can be prolonged and long-drawn!!😳
Ok, so back to business!πŸ˜†
Here goes...

3a) The ShraMan park scene

LOVED the way the scene started...Shravan and Sumo meeting at a place, so completely their own...the silence between them, also entirely theirs...lovely touch that, of their backs to the camera...
LOVED the sense of calm in Shravan...he actually believed that all was settled...and NOTHING would be the cause of Sumo's helplessness ever again
LOVED even more how his expressions changed...until the impact of his doing finally hit him hard, as Namik just nailed it!πŸ‘πŸΌ
And finally, what a POWERFUL line that..."Aksar in mamlon main Iraade nahin, Natije mayne rakhte hain"
And the BEST was yet to follow...
As Shravan let go of Sumo's hand...he knew he had erred...probably the biggest of all this time...
"Would it nullify everything between them was the question he asked himself as Sumo walked away
How could he not see the bigger picture, he lamented to himself
Would the journey traversed be no journey at all?
What would it take for Sumo and the proverbial second chance...would there even be any, if at all??"
The EDKV title song just took the moment to an all new level
Both Namik and Nikita were BRILLIANT in this concluding piece...
My heart went out to Shravan a teeny weeny notch more...Namik's angst was not just beautifully nuanced in that moment (you blink and miss it change of expression towards the end of the scene); one could also feel Shravan's pain in Namik's eyes in Shravan's introspective follow through...

What an amazing interplay of the reel and real!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

3b) The Car Chase!!🀣

This was absolutely HILARIOUS!! I mean agar comedy ho toh, woh ho EDKV style, varna na ho!!πŸ˜†

Some SUPERLATIVE writing on display...

Sumo goes "Main Sharukh toh nahin hoon ke traffic police ki tarah bahein fehla ke khadi ho jaoon"πŸ˜†
Shravan's retort " Apna naam yaad karo...tum Sumo ho Sumo!"πŸ˜†
Gogol jumps in between "Achha mujhe lagta tha woh joh zaroorat se zyaada lamba hai"..."Shuru hota hai to khatam hone ka naam hi nahin leta"πŸ˜†
Sumo in top gear continues "Arrey woh! Uski shakal dekhi hai"
In response, BOTH Shravan AND Gogol check themselves out!!🀣
What a superb match...Gogol's red stained teeth to Shravan's salon styled hair!πŸ˜†
And then Sumo utters the 3 magical words
Once again, BOTH Shravan AND Gogol provide their "jerking" reactions!!
Will someone please help me??
Who are the lovebirds here??
Shravan-Sumo
Sumo-Gogol
Or even better
Shravan-Gogol!!
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
An if this wasn't enough, LOVED, absolutely LOVED the reference to ShraMan's days of yore
SUPERB touch that to the "angootha ko chhoti ungli se milao"
And Sumo actually bought that!πŸ˜†
And the final touch as Shravan gets off the car
And Sumo reaches for Shravan's finger in response to his "Tum angootha ko dabao"
Shravan actually goes "Mera nahin, Tumhara"!!🀣

And finally, as Holmes and Watson return home successfully,  their celebration of the 'paan'...didn't ever think a paan could give 'closeness' a whole new meaning!

SUPER Timing, Namik and Nikita
Both Comic and Otherwise
Isko bolte hain "CRACKLING CHEMISTRY"
Kaisa bhi scene ho; Kaisa bhi moment
Namik and Nikita are always
On TOP of their game!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

3c) The "Is a second chance possible?" scene

LOVED how the scene started...when Suman walked away from the living room, in response to Mami asking her to listen to Shravan's plan...what a POIGNANT depiction that of Sumo's vulnerability!
As Sumo herself admits later "Mera iss ghar pe haq hi kya hai"??
What then was even MORE touching?
The fact that Shravan understood it all...not a single question asked...with absolutely nothing uttered...Shravan knew Sumo was even more vulnerable than he possibly was...
Some lovely NUANCED moments on display
As Shravan authoritatively perches himself on the bed...to taking the sheet away from Sumo...to his endearing insistence...to his final "Theek hai; kal gyarah bajeh milte hain!!
And the lingering smile and sense of calm that follows...

This is what they call SOULMATES, am guessing!😊

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

3d) The Walk
And finally, what an AMAZING sense of deja vu to that walk!
Presume all of us immediately did a rewind to not so long ago...
And boy oh boy!!
These two have sure come a LONG WAY!!

What ease
What comfort
What concern
What openness

Pouring out of every pore!

How beautifully DEEP were those moments...
As Shravan says "Toh mat bolo" as Sumo desperately tries to fit in a Thank you!
Shravan's "Is ghar main meri yaadein hain" had never seemed so completely relevant
As Shravan most matter of factly, proclaims
"Mujhe achha lagta hai, jab tum mujhe bahar chodne aati ho"

These two have indeed come a LONG WAY...
And how!!
❀️

PHEW!!
Some LONG post this has been for sure...hope it makes for a joyous read...has given me immense joy for sure!πŸ˜ƒ

As I sign off...will like to do so with my 2 cents on the current promo
What a BEAUTIFUL way to tell a story
Almost seemed surreal...
Some SPLENDID amalgamation of the "Then" and "Now"
SUPERLATIVE writing again on display, typically EDKV...
Namik and Nikita look like a DREAM
Thought Namik pitched Shravan just right
And Nikita...why was Sumo a notch higher? Has she even realized her feelings; then why so much angst?
Just had to ask myself...was it justified??
Did a quick rewind to Friday
Sumo's restlessness on sensing Shravan's distress
With the most inane behavior on display!
Guess it's just a matter of time
For the realization to hit Sumo HARD!!
Promos are obviously meant to herald the times to come...
This one seems completely WoW!!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Cheers!
DocD

Edited by DocD - 7 years ago
First you, take a bow. How beautifully you pen down your thoughts, ever so rationally at the same time. You always hit the right chord. Nothing to add. You're spot on completely. It sure was an amazing read, couldn't help smiling while reading. πŸ˜ƒ
Word!πŸ‘
A very well written post this one😳
Hey,
Boy, Cvs do take note...its interesting to read ur posts...

I m not sure I follow what u meant as a slip with regards to the Ramnath shravan scene... if u can elaborate...

I will not dwell into the slips...and the moments...u said it all...n i loved ur post...

EDKV Team and NiMik and ShraMan makes me wanna wish " Monday come soon,"πŸ˜†

PS: I was an Economics Student..🀣
Edited by shalz_123 - 7 years ago
πŸ€—πŸ€—
Doc me missed you so much β€οΈ

and and this detailed review of yours makes me all kind of happy... I can sleep well tonight and not think of monday blues πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Econ will not for me also πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I really was quite a eventful week in real sense and we have some progress in relationship dynamics also.

I will try and think from shravan's POV here and yes it was not his first case going on here but then the guy lose his rational when it comes to her.. she brings the best and worst in him and all the in between.

Then the indian tv and logic don't go hand in hand at a point they have to slip somewhere because of deadlines and other issues with shooting and tight schedules so I am will to forgive them there.As long as they are some minor issues and not tempering with characteristics

Shravan malhotra is coming out great with all his human flaws and the highlight of them and with Suman being around makes it much more sweeter and turning of leave effect.

One-sided love, or unrequited love is one of the most painful things. To care about someone who doesn't feel the same way back leaves you feeling hurt, crazy for having the feelings that you have, and totally out of your mind.

This is what he has been over the years in pain and suffering one sided love and that is now getting clearer and he is getting to be the friend first.

Jeez how well have you described the scenes and their impact ... have to watch again man *sighs* I have nothing left to say other then just being in awe of your writing and your way with word play.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Namik and Nikita have some insane chemistry going on and they make all the scenes so much more amazing and take them to another level.

Boredom can sometimes sneak up on you, but if boredom has begun to creep in then that's a issue but it has not reached there..

❀️

Doc..I love your posts...
I was indeed a good read.. 

U make me fall in love with words...yes..thats what u do...

Totally agree with you there were few okish parts..but we can't expect a perfect episode every day..and when u get awesome acting ,direction and scenes ..I tend to forget these okish parts..unless u point them out so beautifully...

DocD...
amazing post...
loved loved reading it...
too good the analysis you make edkv worth watching thanks
Originally posted by DocD

1. The Shravan-Khosla confrontation scenes

Avtar Gill is a SEASONED actor...he just takes the sly genius of Khosla to another level altogether!
For Namik Paul to even stand up to him is no mean feat

Wonderful post enjoyed it as much as I do the show itself. Just a couple more bits that were so well done!
1. I justt love Khosla I am happy to see the villain for the first time, he is so cunning and so funny at the same time :-)
His comment to gogol "tum is glat phami pe kaisa aaye? - with that wicked smile of his, when Gogol is talking about his love story!

3b) The Car Chase!!
The last comment from shravan as  he leaves the car - tum apne "Lu"ko dekho and main tumahara woh "gog "LU"" ko dekh tha hoon!

Also the way goglu catches his breathe as he goes up the stairs and our hero just sprints upstairs πŸ‘πŸ‘ again as you said subtle and missed at the blink of an eye!

Edited by 3serialfan40 - 7 years ago
Originally posted by s.sayra

First you, take a bow. How beautifully you pen down your thoughts, ever so rationally at the same time. You always hit the right chord. Nothing to add. You're spot on completely. It sure was an amazing read, couldn't help smiling while reading. πŸ˜ƒ

Hey Sayra, 

*HUGS* my Dear...it's been quite some time since we interacted...

Thanks so so much for your kind words...am truly humbled!

Am glad you felt the post was worth your time

Am more glad that it managed to bring a smile to your face!😊

Cheers!
DocD