chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

Originally posted by chicksoup

Thank You...and as always, such a beautiful response from you, Indrani. Hug

I think / hope they don't have black villains in this story, barring dear Khosla...whose hukm ka ikka, thurp ka patta, doesn't go beyond Varun!WinkLOL
That is for sure. This serial is not going to paint anyone as all black. Though they have various shades of greyLOL. Case in point, Chachi has a wonderful relationship with her DIL  yet she thinks so selfishly about Shravan. Reasons are multifarious yet they stem from the fact that she is a mother, albeit a foolish one at thatWink

Sumo's mom's debts happened 20 years back...10 years later only Ramnath's wife left him...so I don't think they were connected in any way...Shravan is already scarred about his mom...don't want the poor boy going through a repeat of that regarding his dad...
I remember there there is a time lapse of ten years. But, this serial has revolved around certain issues. One amongst them is the fact that Sumo's own perception about herself has oftentimes been questioned on account of her being the daughter of a person who was constantly borrowing money. Shravan in the party had also charged her with being a golddigger. She is constantly counting her pennies.. either at home or at the office. In fact, her very identity is locked up with this issue of money.. 
And in friday's episode, Sumo is again badmouthed by Chachi  on account of her class as being below than her pyaara puttar Pushkar or Shravan.
So, thats what made me think that some sort of money angle can be there between these two families.
But...Look at the TIMING! ...I mean..JUST LOOK AT IT!

Ten years back the wife left Ramnath...and within a day or so, Shavan left for London! Who was she and why did she leave? And why did she not come back for her son???...Is there any chance of the parents reconciling?Big smile
I would want the mother to be alive. Reconciliation is possible, since the premise of the whole show was based on reconciliation (Sumo and Shravan). I would like to know why did his mother leave? Ramnath said his mother was like that and also adding that I dont know with whom she might have gone with? That is too disparaging a remark from a father to a son whose world was already shattered. Is this a way to reassure a son who was broken completely.. I am not very sure. It was crass and for me, cruel too. Also, we know that Rmanath and his wife were constantly at loggerheads, a fact which came out in the open during that school incident. So, it was over a period of time when his wife decided to move on. But, why didnt she once came back to her son? Why didnt she try to establish contact with him? What stopped her? 
Would love to know the reasons.

We should make some theory on that too.WinkLOL

Yes, lets do form various theories and see who is correctLOL

Chick, your thinking and writing skills are super.. smashingClap

Thank U, once again...Embarrassed

So, here goes:

1. Shravan's mom was a lawyer too, and she felt suffocated by Ramnath's idea of ideal wife...As he himself described once to Nanu...good girls sit at home and look after the needs of their family...what he sees in both Kamini and her Bahu as well.

2. Ramnath misinterpreted his wife...so when he said, she was always on the verge of leaving, all he meant was that she was never interested in sitting at home...but he did say that in a derogatory way...I can still remember the inscrutable expression on his face when Shravan talked about his mother having left them...

3. I feel Shravan's mom has done well for herself, and is probably a better lawyer than Ramnath by now..but in some other place. WinkLOL

4. The mom was a strong woman and felt it was best if Shravan didn't get dragged between his parents...especially since Ramnath sent him abroad the very next day...she would have kept away for her son's peace of mind...LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sanfanindranigupta

sanfan Senior Member
sanfan
sanfan

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 9:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sanfan

Soup...nice post...the beauty of EDKV...every character here merits a post!!
I am a fence sitter as far as Ramnath is concerned and personally would be disappointed if he had anything to do with the Sumo-shravan teenage event...simply becos it would take away from the beautiful penmanship of Suman's character sketch. 

I see Sumo as a character that has evolved and is now seen through Shravan's eyes...a reinforcement for the way Shravan always felt pulled towards her.. He continues to rediscover her thru new yet old eyes...She remains his centre of gravity to which he will stay rooted
her"flaws" then and Shravan's bearing grudge for a long time  make for a lovely tale..would be a let down if she was shown as a sacrificing 16 year old...well they had better have a more sensible approach to that backstory if they choose a twist like that LOL

anyways...not wishing to preempt the story telling her but just that all these characters are finely nuanced..be it the Mami or Masi or Ramnath or Chachi...all these just provide the perfect conflict points for the story.

Ramnath's disinterest in Sumo looks apt becos he is perhaps less concerned with anyone other than Raghuvar Tiwari from that clan...to me Ramnath seems a guy who will remember a favour done but less likely to allot favours freely...If he indeed knows Sumo's influence in shravan's life...he would take her more seriously than he seems to as of now. she just exists in the periphery for him...This may be turning point when he perhaps starts to notice her and her covert influence in Shravan's life...Interesting to see how he will react to that discovery!!

Dear R,

Hug

I am not expecting Ramnath to have had a major hand in the break up...I feel Suman must have overheard his woes as he would have narrated it to Tiwariji...

Sacrificing 16 year old...yet stupid enough to hurt someone like that...The fact is, she waited for him...knew he would be back...That must mean Sumo felt she had been the one to suffer more than him...esp since she said she was back to feeling lonely the past ten years ever since he left...they could make it a beautiful twist, I am sure...I'd still blame Sumo for being so brash...

As you said, Ramnath doesn't know of her contribution...because Sumo must have overheard it...but she must have, since she knew exactly where he was going that day when he refused to say Good Bye. 

Miss your writing.Heart

S,
Thumbs Up

Ah the love for a love story...feels like the old times

But I have to say EDKV writing has so far been excellent...I am somehow glad its a finite series...Love stories must be finite series...if they are to be saved from Kitchen politics LOL

Hmm Sumo...I consider the young 16 year old sumo a bully (suffering from insecurities as we have had a slight glimpse of it) like bullies usually are...However, there is also an endearing friendship that formed between Sumo and Shravan despite Sumo's lack of public acknowledgment of that friendship at that age. So, obviously there was something appealing in Sumo for a young Shravan to "hero" worship for her...She was someone he drew a lot of happiness being with and perhaps Sumo was bountiful in returning that love when they were by themselves. Her flaws don't take that away from her and that is the beauty of this character...Sumo's inherent qualities have not been changed drastically even in today's Sumo...Her quickfire temper at being sidelined by shravan in the last epi is an indication...So I have hope that the writers will keep the reasons for Sumo's behaviour in the past realistic and eschew the desire to make her Indian soap heroine LOLLOL  I agree tho Soup, your explanation does seem plausible...it could be her own interpretation of situation...

.bohemian.chicksoup

KreyaArshiLover IF-Sizzlerz
KreyaArshiLover
KreyaArshiLover

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sanfan

Soup...nice post...the beauty of EDKV...every character here merits a post!!
I am a fence sitter as far as Ramnath is concerned and personally would be disappointed if he had anything to do with the Sumo-shravan teenage event...simply becos it would take away from the beautiful penmanship of Suman's character sketch. 

I see Sumo as a character that has evolved and is now seen through Shravan's eyes...a reinforcement for the way Shravan always felt pulled towards her.. He continues to rediscover her thru new yet old eyes...She remains his centre of gravity to which he will stay rooted
her"flaws" then and Shravan's bearing grudge for a long time  make for a lovely tale..would be a let down if she was shown as a sacrificing 16 year old...well they had better have a more sensible approach to that backstory if they choose a twist like that LOL

anyways...not wishing to preempt the story telling her but just that all these characters are finely nuanced..be it the Mami or Masi or Ramnath or Chachi...all these just provide the perfect conflict points for the story.

Ramnath's disinterest in Sumo looks apt becos he is perhaps less concerned with anyone other than Raghuvar Tiwari from that clan...to me Ramnath seems a guy who will remember a favour done but less likely to allot favours freely...If he indeed knows Sumo's influence in shravan's life...he would take her more seriously than he seems to as of now. she just exists in the periphery for him...This may be turning point when he perhaps starts to notice her and her covert influence in Shravan's life...Interesting to see how he will react to that discovery!!

Dear R,

Hug

I am not expecting Ramnath to have had a major hand in the break up...I feel Suman must have overheard his woes as he would have narrated it to Tiwariji...

Sacrificing 16 year old...yet stupid enough to hurt someone like that...The fact is, she waited for him...knew he would be back...That must mean Sumo felt she had been the one to suffer more than him...esp since she said she was back to feeling lonely the past ten years ever since he left...they could make it a beautiful twist, I am sure...I'd still blame Sumo for being so brash...

As you said, Ramnath doesn't know of her contribution...because Sumo must have overheard it...but she must have, since she knew exactly where he was going that day when he refused to say Good Bye. 

Miss your writing.Heart

And as we have seen Sumo is quite impulsive that been the reason what she did to Shravan

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chicksoup

.bohemian. Goldie
.bohemian.
.bohemian.

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by .bohemian.

Ditto Soup. He appears to be a guy who would want to keep the family and peace even at the cost of his son. Perhaps its due to his wife leaving him.

About him requesting Suman to get Shravan to go to London for higher studies, and hence the whole drama... I hope that is not the case. It would make her all mahaan, I wish they keep here character as flawed as it is now.

Read about the mothers' 'spoiler' and some amusing responses there.LOL IPK part deux?? Let's see how it plays out.

Hi, Ri.Hug

The guy is insecure...but cute in a way...He is even more of a child than his son, actually.  I hope they don't make him negative...just the little gray he is supposed to be...

As for Sumo...I am not expecting a mahaan Suman...Just looking out for a repeat of history perhaps...as Ramnath asks Suman to do what is best for Shravan's future...in the near future...Esp since Shravan said that he would marry ANY girl his family chose for him...Shocked..Pretty sure Ramnath would get a pretty well connected girl for his son.Ouch

About the mothers' spoiler...Ha Ha...You mean the IPK- esque responses. LOL I get it! Wink

Hugs right back, Soup. Hug

Yup, gray it is. I like the fact that none of the characters on the show are negative. In a weird way... all the 'negative' ones are justified.

Repeat of history?? Hope that it does not go that way... again too cliche. Ramnath does not seem to happy the way things are going between Shraman. He would be the 'bad guy' for sure.

About the IPK-esque, I meant the most popular prediction on the thread... Ramnath and Priya. Just like Arnav's dad and Garima.

niara12chicksoup

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 6:47pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=indranigupta]l 

Thank You...and as always, such a beautiful response from you, Indrani. Hug

I think / hope they don't have black villains in this story, barring dear Khosla...whose hukm ka ikka, thurp ka patta, doesn't go beyond Varun!WinkLOL
That is for sure. This serial is not going to paint anyone as all black. Though they have various shades of greyLOL. Case in point, Chachi has a wonderful relationship with her DIL  yet she thinks so selfishly about Shravan. Reasons are multifarious yet they stem from the fact that she is a mother, albeit a foolish one at thatWink

Sumo's mom's debts happened 20 years back...10 years later only Ramnath's wife left him...so I don't think they were connected in any way...Shravan is already scarred about his mom...don't want the poor boy going through a repeat of that regarding his dad...
I remember there there is a time lapse of ten years. But, this serial has revolved around certain issues. One amongst them is the fact that Sumo's own perception about herself has oftentimes been questioned on account of her being the daughter of a person who was constantly borrowing money. Shravan in the party had also charged her with being a golddigger. She is constantly counting her pennies.. either at home or at the office. In fact, her very identity is locked up with this issue of money.. 
And in friday's episode, Sumo is again badmouthed by Chachi  on account of her class as being below than her pyaara puttar Pushkar or Shravan.
So, thats what made me think that some sort of money angle can be there between these two families.
But...Look at the TIMING! ...I mean..JUST LOOK AT IT!

Ten years back the wife left Ramnath...and within a day or so, Shavan left for London! Who was she and why did she leave? And why did she not come back for her son???...Is there any chance of the parents reconciling?Big smile
I would want the mother to be alive. Reconciliation is possible, since the premise of the whole show was based on reconciliation (Sumo and Shravan). I would like to know why did his mother leave? Ramnath said his mother was like that and also adding that I dont know with whom she might have gone with? That is too disparaging a remark from a father to a son whose world was already shattered. Is this a way to reassure a son who was broken completely.. I am not very sure. It was crass and for me, cruel too. Also, we know that Rmanath and his wife were constantly at loggerheads, a fact which came out in the open during that school incident. So, it was over a period of time when his wife decided to move on. But, why didnt she once came back to her son? Why didnt she try to establish contact with him? What stopped her? 
Would love to know the reasons.

We should make some theory on that too.WinkLOL

Yes, lets do form various theories and see who is correctLOL

Chick, your thinking and writing skills are super.. smashingClap

Thank U, once again...Embarrassed

So, here goes:

1. Shravan's mom was a lawyer too, and she felt suffocated by Ramnath's idea of ideal wife...As he himself described once to Nanu...good girls sit at home and look after the needs of their family...what he sees in both Kamini and her Bahu as well.
A lawyer... probably. But, i am not very sure. If she is is as you say a better lawyer then Shravan and his family would have known. I mean like I am in the academic circle, i get to know who is the best in the field. So, if the mother is a lawyer at least Ramnath must be aware. Is he? I agree with you that she might have been a financially independent individual. And his earliest introduction did point towards this definition of a good girl... one who must stay put at homeOuch
2. Ramnath misinterpreted his wife...so when he said, she was always on the verge of leaving, all he meant was that she was never interested in sitting at home...but he did say that in a derogatory way...I can still remember the inscrutable expression on his face when Shravan talked about his mother having left them...
Even if there wasnt anything sinister, his explanation was so wrong. I remember Shravan himself told at that point that his mother couldnt have left him. So, even though Shravan's anger towards his mother might have clouded his judgement, there shall be new interpretation formulated of his mother in times to come.
3. I feel Shravan's mom has done well for herself, and is probably a better lawyer than Ramnath by now..but in some other place. WinkLOL

4. The mom was a strong woman and felt it was best if Shravan didn't get dragged between his parents...especially since Ramnath sent him abroad the very next day...she would have kept away for her son's peace of mind...LOL
Might be.. I agree with the strong woman analysis and your reasons are also logical. But, then she is also a mother... emotionally it doesnt work for me. Though Shravan left for London immediately and that too for ten long years.. I dont know why I feel there would be more to come out about this angle later
[/QUOTE We are moving on with our theories, arent we?LOL

chicksoup

3serialfan40 Senior Member
3serialfan40
3serialfan40

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 11:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by 3serialfan40

[QUOTE=noexcuse][QUOTE=shivani_agl] [QUOTE=indranigupta]
Clap

I keep getting this feeling more and more...Shravan's mom got fed up of the daily quarrels and left...That is a very significant point, actually...they had plenty of quarrels...she probably wanted freedom from his 'greater good' policies...

As for Ramnath asking Sumo to help out with the London trip...it might have been very innocent...Sumo might even have just overheard it...and made the decision by herself...She might have seen an opportunity when Shravan came to her...and however good her intentions were...might have been...her means were too damn rude! Wink

Ok these 2 points I agree sort ofWink
Its entirely possible that Mrs malhotra Sr. (chachi is also one  Wink)  left cause she could not handle the "greater good"on a regular basis - fair enough - but then why did she not see her son at all in all these years, no fight for custody, no visitation rights even? ok so he was 18, but why take her anger out on Shravan, her frustration was with the Sr Malhotra right not Jr!

Now that's a good explanation for Suman and her ways... that makes perfect sense. Ramnath might have forced Shravan to apply and when he got in, he decided he won;t go and ramnath might have been explaining that its good for him so he must go. She would have overheard - coincidentally his mom left - she pounced on the idea, although it was rude and hurtful, it certainly was effective! But she and Pushkar were friends and he knows she has a crush of sorts on Shravan - that's why the whole - you should not look so desperate Suman dialogue from the initial few episodes. So why did she not get his contact info from Pushkar. Even when she said sorry through the book, it was more of an after thought than an repentance over a few years.
But yes if they can answer these points that would be a good way to develop the story :-) as if the CVs are waiting for my approval Tongue

Edited by 3serialfan40 - 25 April 2016 at 11:58pm

chicksoup

Go to top