Ramnath Malhotra... (Page 5)

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chicksoup

Originally posted by indranigupta

Chick... great analytical thinkingClap
The father-son interaction and Ramnath- Suman one had so many layers. The son who has been a lonely child and also having to live with the pain of knowing his own mother left him (according to his father.. she was always like this) and his only friend, companion and solace ditched him at the same vulnerable point turns out interestingly to be far more more superior morally and ethically. Shravan's realization was dramatic.. his father, a lawyer to boot sidelines what he knows was legally correct to request him to do something which was wrong on several levels (Tiwariji was his guru... Shravan himself was a lawyer and moreover, Varun was actually doing business with a crook, blackmailer), while the girl, Sumo, whom he had understood, believed for the past ten years to be self-centered and selfish turns out to be an absolute gem. 
She did not even for a split second thought otherwise but just says she cannot even think of destroying his family for her dead mother. You dont need to be an expert lawyer belonging to elite societyto be wise, you just need to be morally upright and have a big heart. Her mother whose reputation was her defining identity and her life's goals was cast aside for HIM. 
It had such a wonderful feel and yet I felt so sad for Shravan. His father failed both as a lawyer and as his nearest companion. He failed to support his own son. Why? for his family???
Ramnath's focus to keep his family together seems altogether problematic for me. Wasn't his wife family to him? Why did he let her go? Didnt he fail at that time? And the way he implored Sumo to plead his case to Shravan is (as I think) again reminiscent of what Sumo said that she hadn't left him. I guess the makers would show Ramnath having a hand in the fallout which happened between these two (though I want it to be ever so subtle... he is a clever man, after all). It was such a wonderful direction that Ramnath was moving downstairs while Sumo was on the verge of climbing. Too much of disparity but not the disparity Shravan's family are so proud to flaunt.
Just a thought, was the money mess that Sumo's mother was involved in had in fact been created by Ramnath?
But, as much as I applauded for that girl in letting go of the only truth that mattered in her life... for him, I was impressed and I felt for Shravan so badly. Again, he was let down and this time by someone he used to look up to (he needs sumo in his life, pronto). Also, am very sure that Shravan Malhotra, the shrewd lawyer shall not be ever convinced anything against Sumo.  .
He did learn a valuable lesson on what constitutes selfishness and it shall be he who shall be joining the dots and finding about his mother's going away. Also, and more importantly, why did Sumo did what she did those ten years ago (and why didnt she contact him in these ten years).

Thank You...and as always, such a beautiful response from you, Indrani. Hug

I think / hope they don't have black villains in this story, barring dear Khosla...whose hukm ka ikka, thurp ka patta, doesn't go beyond Varun!WinkLOL
That is for sure. This serial is not going to paint anyone as all black. Though they have various shades of greyLOL. Case in point, Chachi has a wonderful relationship with her DIL  yet she thinks so selfishly about Shravan. Reasons are multifarious yet they stem from the fact that she is a mother, albeit a foolish one at thatWink

Sumo's mom's debts happened 20 years back...10 years later only Ramnath's wife left him...so I don't think they were connected in any way...Shravan is already scarred about his mom...don't want the poor boy going through a repeat of that regarding his dad...
I remember there there is a time lapse of ten years. But, this serial has revolved around certain issues. One amongst them is the fact that Sumo's own perception about herself has oftentimes been questioned on account of her being the daughter of a person who was constantly borrowing money. Shravan in the party had also charged her with being a golddigger. She is constantly counting her pennies.. either at home or at the office. In fact, her very identity is locked up with this issue of money.. 
And in friday's episode, Sumo is again badmouthed by Chachi  on account of her class as being below than her pyaara puttar Pushkar or Shravan.
So, thats what made me think that some sort of money angle can be there between these two families.
But...Look at the TIMING! ...I mean..JUST LOOK AT IT!

Ten years back the wife left Ramnath...and within a day or so, Shavan left for London! Who was she and why did she leave? And why did she not come back for her son???...Is there any chance of the parents reconciling?Big smile
I would want the mother to be alive. Reconciliation is possible, since the premise of the whole show was based on reconciliation (Sumo and Shravan). I would like to know why did his mother leave? Ramnath said his mother was like that and also adding that I dont know with whom she might have gone with? That is too disparaging a remark from a father to a son whose world was already shattered. Is this a way to reassure a son who was broken completely.. I am not very sure. It was crass and for me, cruel too. Also, we know that Rmanath and his wife were constantly at loggerheads, a fact which came out in the open during that school incident. So, it was over a period of time when his wife decided to move on. But, why didnt she once came back to her son? Why didnt she try to establish contact with him? What stopped her? 
Would love to know the reasons.

We should make some theory on that too.WinkLOL

Yes, lets do form various theories and see who is correctLOL

Chick, your thinking and writing skills are super.. smashingClap

Edited by indranigupta - 25 April 2016 at 8:20am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chicksoup

indranigupta IF-Dazzler
indranigupta
indranigupta

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivani_agl

Originally posted by indranigupta

Chick... great analytical thinkingClap
The father-son interaction and Ramnath- Suman one had so many layers. The son who has been a lonely child and also having to live with the pain of knowing his own mother left him (according to his father.. she was always like this) and his only friend, companion and solace ditched him at the same vulnerable point turns out interestingly to be far more more superior morally and ethically. Shravan's realization was dramatic.. his father, a lawyer to boot sidelines what he knows was legally correct to request him to do something which was wrong on several levels (Tiwariji was his guru... Shravan himself was a lawyer and moreover, Varun was actually doing business with a crook, blackmailer), while the girl, Sumo, whom he had understood, believed for the past ten years to be self-centered and selfish turns out to be an absolute gem. 
She did not even for a split second thought otherwise but she just says she cannot even think of destroying his family for her dead mother. Her mother whose reputation was her defining identity and her life's goals.
It had such a wonderful feel and yet I felt so sad for Shravan. His father failed both as a lawyer and as his nearest companion. Ramnath's focus to keep his family together seems altogether problematic for me. Wasn't his wife family to him? Why did he let her go? Didnt he fail at that time? And the way he implored Sumo to plead his case to Shravan is (as I think) again reminiscent of what Sumo said that she hadn't left him. I guess the makers would show Ramnath having a hand in the fallout which happened between these two (though I want it to be ever so subtle... he is a clever man, after all).
Just a thought, was the money mess that Sumo's mother was involved in had in fact created by Ramnath?
But, as much as I applauded for that girl in letting go of the only truth that mattered in her life... for him, I was impressed and am very sure that Shravan Malhotra, the shrewd lawyer shall not be ever convinced anything against Sumo. He did learn a valuable lesson on what constitutes selfishness and it shall be who shall be joining the dots and finding about his mother's going away. Also, and more importantly, why did Sumo did what she did those ten years ago (also, why didnt she contact him in these ten years).

@BOLD EXACTLY MY POINT. WORD TO WORD...!
@BLUE THIS QUESTION SHOULD BE REVEALED LATER WHEREIN BOTH THE LOVE BIRDS NEED TO TALK.. A GIRL WHO CHECKS THE GUYS FB PROFILE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS {DAILY WITHOUT FAIL} IT IS VERY FISHY THAT WHAT STOPPED HER TO SEND A FRIEND REQUEST AND TALK TO HIM..!

P.S I DONT WANT THAT SUMO SACRIFICED ALL THAT.. I WANT IT TO BE DEALT IN A UNIQUE MANNER LIKE RAMNATH USING HIS LAWYER TACTICS IN FRONT OF YOUNG SUMO AND SUMO FAILS TO RECOGNIZE IT OR WHATEVER...! I DONT WANT ALL THAT TYPICAL EK KAAND WHERE THE FL IS MEANT TO BE A DABOO CHARACTER..I MEAN SOME SORT OF CLEVER PLOY PLEASE WHICH MAKES THE SHOW PRETTY REALISTIC

@INDRANI I LOVE YOU FOR YOUR ANALYSIS!!HeartClap
 Thank you Shivani...Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani_aglchicksoup

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 3serialfan40

Originally posted by chicksoup

I beg to differ !
His dreams for his son are good, his intention of keeping the family together is unrealistic but not bad, His reason for sacrifice was actually noble - he likely will not take money from TiwariJi and yet does it for him out of admiration!
ClapClapClap - applause worthy causes and dreams if only more people in the world had such wonderful altruistic dreams !

He trusted Shravan's judgement about Varun's business, but he gives Varun money for a greater good, which was to keep the peace in the family.  
Even now he does not say dont do it, but he says consider the greater good. He could not look his son in the eye, where does he have the guts to tell Suman who has so much to loose that he wants to keep his family together therefore, he prefers his son to pick the greater good? He adores Mr Tiwari, to let him suffer in his time of need- that is a difficult fact to justify to himself. So he looks away, cause he has nothing to offer no comfort & no solution!. 
I don't think he is sinister, I think the CVs must keep the character as is and not make him a bad guy. there are enough bad people in this already!

Also we dont know why his wife left him, she is possibly another Kamini herself, in fact even worse, kyunki woh mudkar ek baar bhi apne beta ki teraf nahi deki!
So perhaps, he has separation anxiety like Shravan and Sumo do too, therefore he wants to keep what he has left as dis-functional as they are together. 

If he wants his dreams for his son to come true and they are good for his son i dont see anything wrong with it, i think we are trying to make him bad unnecessarily when the reasons for all this strife is the useless Varun -  bada aaya businessman banne, when he cant distinguish a bad contract from a good one! And of course his free-loader mother Kamini! She wants all Ramnath's wealth to go to her sons and not Shravan! In fact she wants it all not even sharing equally - disgusting character - lots of people in the real world like her! Love the actress though she really makes me hate KAMINI :ClapClapClap great job acting like Kamini!

Again, I am not calling him black...Just that he has some issues...As in...Was he not selfish in demanding that Shravan stays back, when he had told him about his commitments there...and now, he wants his son to look at the greater good...as he perceives it. In theses two instances, I would like Ramnath to actually let Shravan take the decision and not influence him in any way. 

As for Mrs. Malhotra- let us see how that story unfolds...May be she couldn't fit into Ramnath's criteria of an ideal wife. Wink
chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 3serialfan40

Originally posted by noexcuse

Originally posted by shivani_agl

[QUOTE=indranigupta]
Clap

Just one question if it is because of Ramnath she didn't send a friend request before what changed that she forced him to accept request while he was pursuing her to go to party?
My theory is that she felt so guilty that she wanted to apologize in person. Ramnath asking her to let shravan down soundHearts too cliched for EDKV. Just my opinion

Yay! I agree with you, that is so over used! Shravan they showed was heart broken when his mom left and further devastated when his best friend let him down. So he decided to go to England and at least make his dad happy! I dont think Ramanth's goal for his son to study in Oxford was a bad one or that he had anything to do with these two not talking for years. 
why his wife left him, why did she not take her son with her, why she did not bother with her son for so many years? all questions to be answered. Was it Ramanth, was it Kamini, was it herself? Paths to be explored for the CVs to not make it the same old same old! Maybe his wife was not a person who commits. Maybe she suffers from depression, maybe she had a incurable disease and wanted to keep sharvan from the trauma of dealing with  it day2day!  maybe she was just ambitious and was coerced into marriage by her parents and all she wanted was a career. there are so many avenues to pursue, no need to change the character of a person who sits by his guru's feet into this devil who separates 2 young people for what? He is and has been rich enough to send both of them to England if he thought she was keeping Shravan from his goal! Also it seemed like Sharvan had a choice, his father wanted him to go, but it seemed like it was Shravan's decision to go, because the father was pleasantly surprised when he said I will go!
Maybe the man uses all his lawyering skills for his work and at home he likes to keep it simple! i know surgeons who dont treat family, they say it is too emotional and it makes them loose their judgement!

I keep getting this feeling more and more...Shravan's mom got fed up of the daily quarrels and left...That is a very significant point, actually...they had plenty of quarrels...she probably wanted freedom from his 'greater good' policies...

As for Ramnath asking Sumo to help out with the London trip...it might have been very innocent...Sumo might even have just overheard it...and made the decision by herself...She might have seen an opportunity when Shravan came to her...and however good her intentions were...might have been...her means were too damn rude! Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

3serialfan40shivani_agl

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanfan

Soup...nice post...the beauty of EDKV...every character here merits a post!!
I am a fence sitter as far as Ramnath is concerned and personally would be disappointed if he had anything to do with the Sumo-shravan teenage event...simply becos it would take away from the beautiful penmanship of Suman's character sketch. 

I see Sumo as a character that has evolved and is now seen through Shravan's eyes...a reinforcement for the way Shravan always felt pulled towards her.. He continues to rediscover her thru new yet old eyes...She remains his centre of gravity to which he will stay rooted
her"flaws" then and Shravan's bearing grudge for a long time  make for a lovely tale..would be a let down if she was shown as a sacrificing 16 year old...well they had better have a more sensible approach to that backstory if they choose a twist like that LOL

anyways...not wishing to preempt the story telling her but just that all these characters are finely nuanced..be it the Mami or Masi or Ramnath or Chachi...all these just provide the perfect conflict points for the story.

Ramnath's disinterest in Sumo looks apt becos he is perhaps less concerned with anyone other than Raghuvar Tiwari from that clan...to me Ramnath seems a guy who will remember a favour done but less likely to allot favours freely...If he indeed knows Sumo's influence in shravan's life...he would take her more seriously than he seems to as of now. she just exists in the periphery for him...This may be turning point when he perhaps starts to notice her and her covert influence in Shravan's life...Interesting to see how he will react to that discovery!!

Dear R,

Hug

I am not expecting Ramnath to have had a major hand in the break up...I feel Suman must have overheard his woes as he would have narrated it to Tiwariji...

Sacrificing 16 year old...yet stupid enough to hurt someone like that...The fact is, she waited for him...knew he would be back...That must mean Sumo felt she had been the one to suffer more than him...esp since she said she was back to feeling lonely the past ten years ever since he left...they could make it a beautiful twist, I am sure...I'd still blame Sumo for being so brash...

As you said, Ramnath doesn't know of her contribution...because Sumo must have overheard it...but she must have, since she knew exactly where he was going that day when he refused to say Good Bye. 

Miss your writing.Heart

sanfan

shivani_agl Senior Member
shivani_agl
shivani_agl

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:45am | IP Logged

I keep getting this feeling more and more...Shravan's mom got fed up of the daily quarrels and left...That is a very significant point, actually...they had plenty of quarrels...she probably wanted freedom from his 'greater good' policies...

As for Ramnath asking Sumo to help out with the London trip...it might have been very innocent...Sumo might even have just overheard it...and made the decision by herself...She might have seen an opportunity when Shravan came to her...and however good her intentions were...might have been...her means were too damn rude! Wink
[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY MY POINT.. SOMETHING AS MENTIONED IN SHAILU DI'S TS THE GORDIAN KNOT...
LIKE SUMO OVERHERING RAMNATH AND NANUJI HAVING A TALK REGARDING SHRAVAN'S CAREER. AND WITHOUT THINKING SHE DOES THAT IN AN IMMATURE WAY! BY HURTING HIM

chicksoup

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KreyaArshiLover

I have a theory maybe it could have been like this, Ramanath maybe had asked Suman to help him convince Shravan to go to London, and she might have agreed. But then maybe Shravan than got to know about his mother leaving him. 

And went to Suman to talk but she in to saving her reputation have said all that so she went to him to apologise but he didn't wait and went away. And she didn't want to apologise to him over the internet or on the phone but in person??

Something like that...

Either Ramnath told her or Sumo knew what was the best future he had planned for Shravan...
She was planning to talk it over with him, when opportunity knocked..She tried to utiliise it...His mom and his parents- she had given upon the topic altogether...she wanted to break him...

But she wanted to apologise and make amends before he left...

And when he left..She was hurt too...because she had been left behind...without a Good Bye...So she waited...as she told her friend...all these years to apologise...but she must have felt she was the one who had to sacrifice here...

...I don't find it odd if she wanted to apologise in person.Embarrassed

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arjst

Can you please tell me which episode Ramnath asked for Sumo help to snd Shrawan away?
 I think i mssed that episode.

We are just fitting a puzzle...because Suman said she had not intended to betray their friendship...that she had never left him like that...

Guess it will all add up one day. Wink

shivani_agl

Go to top