Ek Duje Ke Vaaste

Ramnath Malhotra... (Page 2)

shivani_agl Senior Member
shivani_agl
shivani_agl

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indranigupta

Chick... great analytical thinkingClap
The father-son interaction and Ramnath- Suman one had so many layers. The son who has been a lonely child and also having to live with the pain of knowing his own mother left him (according to his father.. she was always like this) and his only friend, companion and solace ditched him at the same vulnerable point turns out interestingly to be far more more superior morally and ethically. Shravan's realization was dramatic.. his father, a lawyer to boot sidelines what he knows was legally correct to request him to do something which was wrong on several levels (Tiwariji was his guru... Shravan himself was a lawyer and moreover, Varun was actually doing business with a crook, blackmailer), while the girl, Sumo, whom he had understood, believed for the past ten years to be self-centered and selfish turns out to be an absolute gem. 
She did not even for a split second thought otherwise but she just says she cannot even think of destroying his family for her dead mother. Her mother whose reputation was her defining identity and her life's goals.
It had such a wonderful feel and yet I felt so sad for Shravan. His father failed both as a lawyer and as his nearest companion. Ramnath's focus to keep his family together seems altogether problematic for me. Wasn't his wife family to him? Why did he let her go? Didnt he fail at that time? And the way he implored Sumo to plead his case to Shravan is (as I think) again reminiscent of what Sumo said that she hadn't left him. I guess the makers would show Ramnath having a hand in the fallout which happened between these two (though I want it to be ever so subtle... he is a clever man, after all).
Just a thought, was the money mess that Sumo's mother was involved in had in fact created by Ramnath?
But, as much as I applauded for that girl in letting go of the only truth that mattered in her life... for him, I was impressed and am very sure that Shravan Malhotra, the shrewd lawyer shall not be ever convinced anything against Sumo. He did learn a valuable lesson on what constitutes selfishness and it shall be who shall be joining the dots and finding about his mother's going away. Also, and more importantly, why did Sumo did what she did those ten years ago (also, why didnt she contact him in these ten years).

@BOLD EXACTLY MY POINT. WORD TO WORD...!
@BLUE THIS QUESTION SHOULD BE REVEALED LATER WHEREIN BOTH THE LOVE BIRDS NEED TO TALK.. A GIRL WHO CHECKS THE GUYS FB PROFILE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS {DAILY WITHOUT FAIL} IT IS VERY FISHY THAT WHAT STOPPED HER TO SEND A FRIEND REQUEST AND TALK TO HIM..!

P.S I DONT WANT THAT SUMO SACRIFICED ALL THAT.. I WANT IT TO BE DEALT IN A UNIQUE MANNER LIKE RAMNATH USING HIS LAWYER TACTICS IN FRONT OF YOUNG SUMO AND SUMO FAILS TO RECOGNIZE IT OR WHATEVER...! I DONT WANT ALL THAT TYPICAL EK KAAND WHERE THE FL IS MEANT TO BE A DABOO CHARACTER..I MEAN SOME SORT OF CLEVER PLOY PLEASE WHICH MAKES THE SHOW PRETTY REALISTIC

@INDRANI I LOVE YOU FOR YOUR ANALYSIS!!HeartClap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gaya_subchicksoup

Meg12 Newbie
Meg12
Meg12

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Great thought girl.
I am reserving my comment, will get back soon after a dinner party

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chicksoup

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Chick I agree. I was shocked at Ramnath expecting Shravan to even quit the case. Even if it was not Mr Tiwari, how unprofessional to ditch your client at the 11th hour coz your cousin wants to do business with the opposing party? Is he serious?

I dont know what drove his Mum away, but Ramnath is a bit of an enigma at this point. He doesn't really seem to know what makes his son tick, or who in this case. He is definitely a grey character. He is trouble, I can tell!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

preciousrubyshivani_aglchicksoup

SahSah IF-Sizzlerz
SahSah
SahSah

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:09am | IP Logged
I always had my doubts regarding this man ... he has some under the carpet issues which might be coming out sooner or later...
His family is the most important for him and in search of that perfect he do't mind bending the rules and end up hurting other who don't matter or are not his family.

The missing wife did she oppose of the family and their freeloading or want them out. Was it Kamini who drove her out and Ramnath let that happen

too many questions need answering ...

Was he the reason suman drove shravan away

Is the miss wife/mother coming back

what happened to her

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chicksoup

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:15am | IP Logged
good topic for discussion on a weekend Thumbs Up

From what I understand, Ramnath is not manipulative to get something done as such, but he looks cynical as he is trying to hide something from the past, which shatters the present . 

His respect and regards and love for Nanaji is unquestionable, beyond the difference of status . The first day, he sits on the floor near Nanu's feet and asks for his 100 Rs as birthday his birthday gift, takes his wishes and then sits on the bed!!. That scene builds up their relation . He always considered tiwari's as his family, during holi preparations he said Suman is family she can help with packing gifts. Even when shravan stays back for Tiwari's case, he surprised everyone with his "I am proud of you, that you took this case in my absence" When shravan was stuck with the case, he gave him a professional advice of out of court settlement, had he not something dubious .. he wouldn't give shravan such advice where they have to pay 6 crores .. his intentions here are unquestionable, from my understanding.

and why he is siding with family over Tiwari's , first thing we notice is, like shravan said.. not once did he look into his eyes while saying so, which means he doesn't stand by what he said . Coming to think of why he said so, the man who saw, his family broken, with a husband and son left alone by themselves..and shravan's tears when his mom left him.. he wouldn't want the same thing to happen with another mother son (kamini and varun) and another family to be disgruntled. hence an attempt made out half heartedly as the other side is another family, that too Nanaji's family and we know what he means to Ramnath, hence he was not able to look into Shravan's eyes and say "family is first priority " or "leave the case for family"  Shravan countering Ramnath here was soo like a lawyer, fab job by writers !!

I watch the show online, and in those links the part of Ramnath and Sumo meeting on stairs was missing..now I read the update.. so if at all Ramnath didn't say anything to Sumo, and silently walked past her, then again kudos to writers.. firstly .. words are not necessary , silence makes the scene even more poignant.  Secondly what and how would Ramnath console Suman ?? atleast I don't have what and how he should convince her, when he himself is not sure. Secondly, he left the two of them Shravan and Sumo,  to deal with it  and he didn't say "don't try to influence Shravan as he has taken the decision" either, so I still don't think Ramnath is any negative manipulative person.

Lastly, what happened 10 years back, I think the scenario to be something like this .. when shravan was hurt after the humiliation, Sumo might have come to Malhotra's to apologize to Shravan.. that is when Ramnath might have told...something to the extent of Sumo's mother being the reason for his not studying in Oxford and now he doesn't want the same to happen with Shravan due to her. I can only deduce this from Sumo's "maine tumhein nahin choda" it's just that she didn't go back to stop him, which makes shravan think she left him. and that could be the reason for Sumo not contacting him in last 10 years. 

Ramnath and Priya might have been best friends like Shravan and Sumo, and Ramnath might even have one sided love for Priya.. but Priya might have considered him a good friend and Ramnath might have stayed back in India to win over Priya and started working with Nanaji..to win over her... but Priya was married to neeraj , by Nanu and Ramnath might have been shattered and later moved on with just what he studied in India.. when you lose loved ones you don't have aim for anything in life and might have married Shravan's mom.. who might have been always insecure and skeptical about Nanu's special place in Ramnath's life...and Priya as well...and Shravan's mom might have confronted and warned Priya to stay away from Ramnath, though there was clearly nothing between them ...  and that could be the reason for many fights between shravan's parents as we were shown. 

Edited by munnihyderabad - 24 April 2016 at 9:23am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

gaya_subpreciousrubynoexcusepoppinsschicksoupMrDarcyfan-Swetha-

noexcuse IF-Dazzler
noexcuse
noexcuse

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivani_agl

Originally posted by indranigupta

Chick... great analytical thinkingClap
The father-son interaction and Ramnath- Suman one had so many layers. The son who has been a lonely child and also having to live with the pain of knowing his own mother left him (according to his father.. she was always like this) and his only friend, companion and solace ditched him at the same vulnerable point turns out interestingly to be far more more superior morally and ethically. Shravan's realization was dramatic.. his father, a lawyer to boot sidelines what he knows was legally correct to request him to do something which was wrong on several levels (Tiwariji was his guru... Shravan himself was a lawyer and moreover, Varun was actually doing business with a crook, blackmailer), while the girl, Sumo, whom he had understood, believed for the past ten years to be self-centered and selfish turns out to be an absolute gem.
She did not even for a split second thought otherwise but she just says she cannot even think of destroying his family for her dead mother. Her mother whose reputation was her defining identity and her life's goals.
It had such a wonderful feel and yet I felt so sad for Shravan. His father failed both as a lawyer and as his nearest companion. Ramnath's focus to keep his family together seems altogether problematic for me. Wasn't his wife family to him? Why did he let her go? Didnt he fail at that time? And the way he implored Sumo to plead his case to Shravan is (as I think) again reminiscent of what Sumo said that she hadn't left him. I guess the makers would show Ramnath having a hand in the fallout which happened between these two (though I want it to be ever so subtle... he is a clever man, after all).
Just a thought, was the money mess that Sumo's mother was involved in had in fact created by Ramnath?
But, as much as I applauded for that girl in letting go of the only truth that mattered in her life... for him, I was impressed and am very sure that Shravan Malhotra, the shrewd lawyer shall not be ever convinced anything against Sumo. He did learn a valuable lesson on what constitutes selfishness and it shall be who shall be joining the dots and finding about his mother's going away. Also, and more importantly, why did Sumo did what she did those ten years ago (<font color="#0000cc">also, why didnt she contact him in these ten years).</font>
<font color="#0000cc"></font>

@BOLD EXACTLY MY POINT. WORD TO WORD...!
@BLUETHIS QUESTION SHOULD BE REVEALED LATER WHEREIN BOTH THE LOVE BIRDS NEED TO TALK.. A GIRL WHO CHECKS THE GUYS FB PROFILE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS {DAILY WITHOUT FAIL} IT IS VERY FISHY THAT WHAT STOPPED HER TO SEND A FRIEND REQUEST AND TALK TO HIM..!

P.S I DONT WANT THAT SUMO SACRIFICED ALL THAT.. I WANT IT TO BE DEALT IN A UNIQUE MANNER LIKE RAMNATH USING HIS LAWYER TACTICS IN FRONT OF YOUNG SUMO AND SUMO FAILS TO RECOGNIZE IT OR WHATEVER...! I DONT WANT ALL THAT TYPICAL EK KAAND WHERE THE FL IS MEANT TO BE A DABOO CHARACTER..I MEAN SOME SORT OF CLEVER PLOY PLEASE WHICH MAKES THE SHOW PRETTY REALISTIC

@INDRANI I LOVE YOU FOR YOUR ANALYSIS!!HeartClap

Just one question if it is because of Ramnath she didn't send a friend request before what changed that she forced him to accept request while he was pursuing her to go to party?
My theory is that she felt so guilty that she wanted to apologize in person. Ramnath asking her to let shravan down sounds too cliched for EDKV. Just my opinion

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

3serialfan40indraniguptachicksoup

Meg12 Newbie
Meg12
Meg12

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:22am | IP Logged
 Undeserving myself. Great going  chicksoup, Though he might seem as very superlative a moralistic, integrity and with great mannerism but definitely he is cynical, Shrewd and manipulative to me, the one who uses others shoulder to fire gun. I don't agree an astute lawyer can't see through the things, meanline a big lawyer has hawk eyes who can see the pray and lure the danger. Innocenous how much he portray but a successful lawyer can never be tre. His advise to his son Bada lawyer woh hota hai joh case adalat mein jaane na de...meaning lot of connotation, falsely away of bribing policy... And good are those who fight like idiots for years and years. I strongly oppose such catch towards ball, he showed his son wrong path. All it bmeans to reach the zeilth, he had the give and take relationship of bribes. Context suits Mr. Ramnath 'bada lawyer'
Khosla is into forgery business then in what context Ramnath is much convinced that Khosla won't play double standard with Varun. Portraying himself as moralistic and superlative what made him think that Varun is dealing in right preposition, not at all being straight forward..crookedness at its best.
Though with a fake personna of bended eyes, why he wants  Sravan to leave the case, is it right on lawyer side to leave the case when close to verdict. Why he always wants to come between his son happiness. To make his Malhotra family intact, how can he risk ShraMan reputation. Why to sacrifice for the superficiality when he himself was convinced that Sravan is goin to win the case...and himself being an astute lawyer..Mr. Ramnath, he could have kept khosla consignment inside Varun pocket or he just wants to play around this way. At times, I feel Khosla is merely a pawn but actual gameplay hide behind his back. Big question remains, why the house is as it is of Suman. There has to be somebody loyal and known to get so much detailing about Tiwari else its very practical and illogical to turn case after 10 years.
Ramnath wants what he wants. He goes extra mileage to achieve this goal. The guy is challenging,the house intrigue me, definately too much into mind games. He wanted his son to study abroad so would have definately manipulated Suman elsewhere by no means she would have left him go off and would nt even have contacted for ten year's since she doesn't want to come between his career and happiness. His action and expression speak other story more than words. when Sravan called mother selfish and disrespected all women, then why his eyes downfalls.. Several instance their to prove that more than love, too much Obsession's, possessiveness and control on his son. He wants family under his control, no doubt he gave 2 crore without checking business contract and giving advisory. He seem Suman as threat so he didn't allow her to contact him. He was not happy that Suman got to know beforehand of he leaving to London. 
Lot is more to come,he is shades of grey and intriguing person hide behind the bush to show ita real persona

noexcusechicksoup

chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .bohemian.

Ditto Soup. He appears to be a guy who would want to keep the family and peace even at the cost of his son. Perhaps its due to his wife leaving him.

About him requesting Suman to get Shravan to go to London for higher studies, and hence the whole drama... I hope that is not the case. It would make her all mahaan, I wish they keep here character as flawed as it is now.

Read about the mothers' 'spoiler' and some amusing responses there.LOL IPK part deux?? Let's see how it plays out.

Hi, Ri.Hug

The guy is insecure...but cute in a way...He is even more of a child than his son, actually.  I hope they don't make him negative...just the little gray he is supposed to be...

As for Sumo...I am not expecting a mahaan Suman...Just looking out for a repeat of history perhaps...as Ramnath asks Suman to do what is best for Shravan's future...in the near future...Esp since Shravan said that he would marry ANY girl his family chose for him...Shocked..Pretty sure Ramnath would get a pretty well connected girl for his son.Ouch

About the mothers' spoiler...Ha Ha...You mean the IPK- esque responses. LOL I get it! Wink

.bohemian.MrDarcyfan

Go to top