perfection thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
yay bengalis  ❤️ 🤣
nuckts thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Lol I didn't know that my one sentence could get so many replies 😆
Ok basically I typed yesterday on Google thank you so much for your reply and copy pasted the Bengali words which were typed in English as I didn't know whether Bengali writing in the same language could be understood or not so like hinglish I copy pasted that stuff where after that whenever I tried translating in English the meaning if that sentence that Bengali sentence used to get deleted automatically so thought you all are Bengali only who are replying so that won't be an issutfor you all to understand may be so words were pasted with omission of few letters. 
Ok to cut long story short -thank you so much for your replies to all of you.
And just ignore the confusion lol 😆
perfection thumbnail
Originally posted by: nuckts

Ok basically I typed yesterday on Google thank you so much for your reply and copy pasted the Bengali words which were typed in English as I didn't know whether Bengali writing in the same language could be understood or not so like hinglish I copy pasted that stuff where after that whenever I tried translating in English the meaning if that sentence that Bengali sentence used to get deleted automatically so thought you all are Bengali only who are replying so that won't be an issutfor you all to understand may be so words were pasted with omission of few letters. 

😆 yes we got what u meant to say .. thts not a problem 😳 tht was so sweet that u tried to write bengali for us 😃 jenny and melodiousdreams are so witty tht they got what u meant .. where me miss maha dumbo couldnt get anything 😆 ur bengali was mixed up  with hindi somewht 😆
perfection thumbnail
Originally posted by: abhigya24

I got the meaning 
She is thanking you all for answering  😳

yo abhigya how u got tht? 😆 u too bengali 😆
perfection thumbnail
Originally posted by: MelodiousDreams

I started watching for the sci-fi stuff and was pleasantly surprised to see a Bengali-Punjabi family. Definitely don't see that every day! And the actors are doing a great job with the pronunciation. It's so adorable hearing them speak! If only the dialogue writers could fix the Bengali verbs...then we'd have a perfect show as far as cross-cultural values go!

yeah some verbs needs to be better still surili doing gr8 job .. i agree wid u i love bangalan billi and punjab da sher's family 😆
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: perfection

yo abhigya how u got tht? 😆 u too bengali 😆

Not me but my hubby is a Bengali 😉
So trying to learn Bengali 😊
perfection thumbnail
Originally posted by: abhigya24

Not me but my hubby is a Bengali 😉
So trying to learn Bengali 😊

wow thts so nice 😃
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: nuckts

It was very sweet of you to reply in Bengali! 😃

Google Translate is something I rely on for words of a language I don't know, as well...I don't trust their grammar and sentence construction very much, though! 😆

And a bonus of this thread is that it has helped to boost our forum activity, too! So thank you for that! 😆
I just had to ask you bengalis, why does Surli say 'Duga' or Dhoka? (or however it is pronounced) What does it mean?😆
Raina1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: The-Dilettante

I just had to ask you bengalis, why does Surli say 'Duga' or Dhoka? (or however it is pronounced) What does it mean?😆

Duga means Durga. Bengalis have a habit of saying Duga instead of Durga. I have a bachpan wala aadat of saying Durga Durga before leaving home and sometimes jaldi jaldi main it sounds Duga instead of Durga though what I say is Durga. But pure bangalis have a habit of saying Duga and not Durga.
And I guess Dhoka is called dhoka only.