Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

omg Yogeshwar dutt lashes out at salman khan (Page 19)

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:43am | IP Logged
If Big B or Aamir is made ambassador of India, no one ask as what they have done for INDIA apart from just featuring in Hindi films, just coz they don't have any case on them, it's justified that any Bollywood face should represent India.

But jab baat Salman ki aa jaati hai, just coz he has 2 cases running, a list of accusation which were never proved (Women Abuser), 1 Case in which he is acquitted, he is not fit for INDIA.

INDIA can love Salman Khan, Love his Films, but when he represent INDIA, bhains ki taang aise kaise, us par toh case chal raha hai... so in INDIA, anyone is eligible but not Salman.

How many times this past of Salman will be brought to criticize him? Did he beg IOA to make him ambassador, if they did it on its own, then also it's Salman's fault, kion? Bhai case chal re uspe...

Whole India doesn't have problem with him, if they would, he won't be a superstar today like he is today... You wanna hate him, do hate him, don't use this issue as shield & act like u really care about it.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Greenbear14ISHQSalmanSefivestarsOJ6.0Sugar9.00foram.Jupiters_Cockmoniluvskinshuk

bigul IF-Rockerz
bigul
bigul

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gatheringstorm

Originally posted by bigul

Originally posted by Shy_

What are good will ambassador job/duties ?
they are appointed to advocate a specific cause. salman basically will promote it in india, you know may be ads or something. 
i don't know why people  are getting so hyper. he is not going to represent india, i mean what do people think he is going to hold the flag in the opening ceremony?LOL

Main bhi kabse wohi bol rahi thi...woh torch bearer thodi na hain...sirf ek stupid post pe appoint kiya to promote Olympics and help his movie promotion in the process. 
people will believe what they want to.  even if there are two sides to a coin, we can only see one side at any point of time. And in order to see the other side, you need to flip it. But people are too busy admiring the only side they can see and hence are not ready to flip it. people need to know to think critically and objectively.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sugar9.00Jupiters_Cock

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:48am | IP Logged

amitabh bachchan was the ambassodor for polio eradication campaign in india. acc to people here amitabh is not eligible enough to be a role model. but appointing him resulted in total eradication of polio in india. was he a doctor or scientist or anything? no but these guys have mass appeal, so i don't think there is anything wrong in taking advantage of their star power. 

AB Sr did adverts for years. Campaigned for the cause . However much I abhor him, he was USED by the govt . It went for years.Unlike this token post created which has no sustainability or purpose.  Such posts are golden opportunities to honour past legends.

Again, the decision of IOA is bashed . Be it Aamir, Salman or AB Sr or SRK , doesn't matter. 
gatheringstorm IF-Rockerz
gatheringstorm
gatheringstorm

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

amitabh bachchan was the ambassodor for polio eradication campaign in india. acc to people here amitabh is not eligible enough to be a role model. but appointing him resulted in total eradication of polio in india. was he a doctor or scientist or anything? no but these guys have mass appeal, so i don't think there is anything wrong in taking advantage of their star power. 

AB Sr did adverts for years. Campaigned for the cause . However much I abhor him, he was USED by the govt . It went for years.Unlike this token post created which has no sustainability or purpose.  Such posts are golden opportunities to honour past legends.

Again, the decision of IOA is bashed . Be it Aamir, Salman or AB Sr or SRK , doesn't matter. 

But aren't you jumping the gun too fast...what if an AB SR like sustained Olympic promotion campaign is planned for Salman too. All I am saying is that we should hold our horses before passing judgement on this decision too soon cause who knows what benefits it may reap. Maybe Salman is genuinely driven by a desire to do something meaningful in the sporting world with his power, something beyond just a one off promotional stint for his movie.

Lets give the man a chance atleast before decrying him on the grounds of his nefarious past.

Also how would appointing a senior sportsman who most Indians are unaware of help in promoting Olympics in any way, I find that more purposeless and unsustainable in fact if you are planning a mass outreach programme.

Edited by gatheringstorm - 24 April 2016 at 10:02am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Greenbear14karismanayak1bigulSugar9.00-StrAnGer-MinzPiemoniluvskinshukJupiters_Cockforam.--SH7_Sunny--

TheekThaak IF-Rockerz
TheekThaak
TheekThaak

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Originally posted by Kaapi

That's actually quite debatable. It's been seen time and again that if Indian population sees any chances of victory on an international platform, they end up getting thrilled for any sport. Indians love for cricket goes a long way but Badminton has its own admirers. Prakash Padukone, Pullela Gopichand and now Saina and Kashyap. They have their own set of followers. The thing with other sports like wrestling is sustaining interest is a bigger issue, generating is not that big of a problem. It has just started gaining solid prominence nationwide and it requires a lot of nurturing at this point. It's unfair to dismiss the junta for not giving them importance, coz it aint the case. People do follow the Indian particiipation in these huge sports events. Off late, the interest has gotten deeper as we started winning more medals. Having said that, sports with Individual representation end up having a greater chance of gaining fame, like say tennis and even chess as in the case of Anand (If one proves their talent).

Of course times are changing..In fact, ppl aren't as obsessed with cricket as they used to be a decade back.. I remember how obsessed everyone was with Sania Mirza when she broke into the sceneLOL Its a different thing she couldn't sustain but yeah, i agree ppl now are more receptive about other sports than they were a few years back..But its also true that majority of the Indians still mainly care about movie stars and cricketersLOL

Every country has a sport over which the entire nation usually obsesses about. In India, it's cricket. The sport changes from country to country. We can't really blame it. Earlier too, other sports personalities like Ramnathan Krishnan, Vijay-Anand Amritraj etc..etc..commanded s certain level of respect just for their representation. Following for Badminton took a backseat after there weren't many top players after Syed Modi and Gopichand from India but it has gained importance again after Saina's entry. In comparison to these sports, wresting and boxing are in their nascent stage when speaking of popularity but soon gaining a lot of prominence with Mary Kom, Sushi and Yogeshwar in limelight. As charminggenie said, they are turning out to be huge events..which is a great thing while our country's obsession with cricket continues just like the world's obsession for football would continue. LOL

@genie : couldn't help but say, Kashyap is so cute. Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenierogerrocks

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gatheringstorm

But aren't you jumping the gun too fast...what if an AB SR like sustained Olympic promotion campaign is planned for Salman too. All I am saying is that we should hold our horses before passing judgement on this decision too soon cause who knows what benefits it may reap. Maybe Salman is genuinely driven by a desire to do something meaningful in the sporting world with his power, something beyond just a one off promotional stint for his movie.

Lets give the man a chance atleast before decrying him on the grounds of his nefarious past.

Read IOA's statement and charter on it. One-off event. For motivating the players, he has been hired. Umm, yup, would love to see this one.

@Kaapi- Totally bragging but he tweeted me . Once DMed as well. Pity he won't be playing this Olympics. Such a cutie.EmbarrassedLOL

@GS- Milkha Sigh. P.T.Usha. Dhanraj Pillai ..this event is to honour them. Olympics gets it's buzz on it's own. Last times trps are good indicators.

Edited by charminggenie - 24 April 2016 at 10:05am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheekThaak

bigul IF-Rockerz
bigul
bigul

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

well i'm sorry but i don't think this post has no purpose. anyway this is the first time they are doing this, all they want is to generate hype. so i think people should let them experiment.
  besides the current president of IOA is the president of world squash federation. so do u think ye log bina soche samjhe kuch bhi kar rahe hai bcoz olympics is not a small thing. its important for them too.
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 10:08am | IP Logged
@Bigul- IOA barely managed to survive. Was about to get suspended for corruption charges, not so long ago. 

Go to top