Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

omg Yogeshwar dutt lashes out at salman khan (Page 10)

moniluvskinshuk IF-Stunnerz
moniluvskinshuk
moniluvskinshuk

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:25am | IP Logged
 Salman Khan refuses to charge a single penny' as he agrees to be the goodwill ambassador of Indian Olympic contingent !

CHETAN SHARMA | 23 April 2016

Salman Khan's name is an instant recipe for success in Bollywood.

For a good number of years now, the superstar has guaranteed blockbuster movies, crossing the Rs100 crore mark. He is a money-spinning machine in himself.

But the Dabangg' star, who was unveiled as Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian Olympic contingent on Saturday, has refused to take a single penny to support the country's athletes in Rio.

The Indian Olympic Association (IOA), made the announcement Bollywood actor Salman Khan as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian contingent for the Rio Olympics.

His kind gesture has touched many in the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), sources said.

As the 100-day countdown for Olympics began this week, Salman was called on to support Indian contingent for the Rio Olympics - an unprecedented appointment in the run-up to the quadrennial extravaganza.

An IOA official informed Mail Today that the Bollywood heartthrob joined "free of cost".

"We offered him the proposal and he accepted it without taking any money. He has a big heart. His love for sports is quite admirable. We thank him for this association," the official said.

The IOA, which made the announcement at its headquarters on Saturday, chose Salman from a list of two or three candidates which also included Shah Rukh Khan and veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan.

The IOA reportedly chose Salman as he is considered to be more connected with the youth and known to be a sports enthusiast.

His upcoming film Sultan is a sports drama which sees Salman in the role of a wrestler who rises from small town origins to achieve international success.

This is the first time a Bollywood superstar will be a goodwill ambassador for the Indian contingent at the Olympics.

A host of sports stars including MC Mary Kom, Sardar Singh, Ritu Rani, Deepika Kumari, Apurvi Chandela and Manika Batra were present on the occasion.

Praising the sportsper6sons for their hard work and dedication, Salman hoped they will be able to win medals at the Olympics.

"They are extremely talented and hardworking. They are not here due to anybody's recommendation. They are here because they are the best in the country. That'swhy they are going to the Olympics," the actor said.

"Kuch na kuch zaroor leke aana (Please bring something from the Olympics)," he added in a lighter note. Salman called for more appreciation and public interest in sports other than cricket, adding that he may visit Rio during the Olympics to cheer Indian athletes.

"Olympic sports don't get enough viewership as compared to cricket. It's not cricket's fault but our fault for not watching. They need our support. I will try to go to Rio for a while if not for the full duration," he said.

"My sporting heroes are Sania, Sushil and Vijender. I hope I can give them the push they need," he added. IOS, the official marketing agency of IOA, played a key role in roping in Salman Khan.

Mail Today

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ISHQSalmanSePoojaSushItaforam.wat_up

gatheringstorm IF-Rockerz
gatheringstorm
gatheringstorm

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

Originally posted by gatheringstorm

Can someone please tell me if this title is of serious import or is actually insignificant in the greater scheme of things??
Who was the goodwill ambassador last time??

This is the first time a BW person is made as the goodwill ambassador. Mary,Sardar and Apurvi cannot diss Salman's nomination because they were present when this was announced by IOA.

Dutt is against the use of Olympics for Salman or any movie's promotion. He is a grappler, renowned one and Sultan is based on it.

Olympics doesn't need publicity. India hardly wins anything and these stars like Dutt are the heroes. This post is "created" to statify the BW ego.

http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/milkha--yogeshwar-slam-salmans-appointment-as-olympics-goodwill-ambassador/20160424.htm 

^^ Some reactions.

Dutt opined. No need to diss him for his opinion.

I agree that Dutt is entitled to his opinion and I respect it and even agree with it...no dissing from my end because this move was probably timed to milk publicity for Sultan but at the same time if the post is of no consequence why this brouhaha?? Is his appointment in anyway going to adversely affect our Olympic contingent's chances or dampen their motivation?? 

Maybe this backlash might just motivate Salman to extend his philanthrophic efforts to sports if nothing else.

P.S. I mentioned Bindra and Sardar not to negate what Yogeshwar said but just to highlight that not all sportsmen are as vehemently opposed to Salman's appointment

Edited by gatheringstorm - 24 April 2016 at 7:29am
charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:38am | IP Logged
@GS- Lets appoint Ambani then , he atleast has done something for the sports. Football is popular now. Or AB Jr- he owns a kabaddi team, which earns us Gold medals in Asian Games. What is the criteria , Mallya perhaps? 
Olympics is one sport where the limelight should be solely on these sporting legends who get a chance after 4 years to showcase their talent. It does takes focus away from them when the "real headline earners'. The fact that this buzzed means if this post was given to a legend Sportsman like say Dhanraj Pillai or PT Usha , it would have been an honour for them.  Perfect time to give them respect, if such meaningless posts are to be created, then make use of it for them. 

Media buzzed and brouhaha happened coz Salman is given this post. Taking away the focus from the players at this time. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Angelberry..FrozenHeart..NimbuMirchiChotaBheempallavi25-DZ-

gatheringstorm
gatheringstorm

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:43am | IP Logged

@GS- Lets appoint Ambani then , he atleast has done something for the sports. Football is popular now. Or AB Jr- he owns a kabaddi team, which earns us Gold medals in Asian Games. What is the criteria , Mallya perhaps? 
Olympics is one sport where the limelight should be solely on these sporting legends who get a chance after 4 years to showcase their talent. It does takes focus away from them when the "real headline earners'. The fact that this buzzed means if this post was given to a legend Sportsman like say Dhanraj Pillai or PT Usha , it would have been an honour for them.  Perfect time to give them respect, if such meaningless posts are to be created, then make use of it for them. 

Media buzzed and brouhaha happened coz Salman is given this post. Taking away the focus from the players at this time. 

Chicken and egg story hogaya...Salman appoint nahin hota toh without medal buzz bhi toh generate nahin hotaLOL 

Ab aage ka buzz hamare sportsmen medal jeetke generate karenge...Bhai got his phokat mein publicity as desired and the public at large also became cognisant of the fact that the Olympics are on the anvil. Its a win win from where I see.LOL

TheekThaak IF-Rockerz
TheekThaak
TheekThaak

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:44am | IP Logged

Can someone please tell me if this title is of serious import or is actually insignificant in the greater scheme of things??

This is the first time a BW person is made as the goodwill ambassador. Mary,Sardar and Apurvi cannot diss Salman's nomination because they were present when this was announced by IOA.

Dutt is against the use of Olympics for Salman or any movie's promotion. He is a grappler, renowned one and Sultan is based on it.

Olympics doesn't need publicity. India hardly wins anything and these stars like Dutt are the heroes. This post is "created" to statify the BW ego.

http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/milkha--yogeshwar-slam-salmans-appointment-as-olympics-goodwill-ambassador/20160424.htm

^^ Some reactions.

I agree that Dutt is entitled to his opinion and I respect it and even agree with it...no dissing from my end because this move was probably timed to milk publicity for Sultan but at the same time if the post is of no consequence why this brouhaha?? Is his appointment in anyway going to adversely affect our Olympic contingent's chances or dampen their motivation??

Maybe this backlash might just motivate Salman to extend his philanthrophic efforts to sports if nothing else.

P.S. I mentioned Bindra and Sardar not to negate what Yogeshwar said but just to highlight that not all sportsmen are as vehemently opposed to Salman's appointment

In the bigger scheme of things, I don't think there'll be any huge effect or something. In the end it all boils down to the performances and the medals.

But the thing is our country is way too obsessed with Bollywood. They could have left it as a strictly sport event by just including sports personalities but we find a way to somehow drag the Bollywood circus here as well. It's an initiative the country needs to take by not treating actors as the ultimate entities. These are little changes when seen on surface but are signficiant nevertheless. I'm not just speaking at an ambassador level but our country in general is very poor in encouraging various sports across different genders and regions. It's sad that in an attempt to increase the reach or visibility, we always end up clinging on to Bollywood stars, which shouldnt really be the case.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AngelberrygatheringstormNimbuMirchicharminggenie

gatheringstorm
gatheringstorm

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kaapi

^^ Some reactions.

In the bigger scheme of things, I don't think there'll be any huge effect or something. In the end it all boils down to the performances and the medals.

But the thing is our country is way too obsessed with Bollywood. They could have left it as a strictly sport event by just including sports personalities but we find a way to somehow drag the Bollywood circus here as well. It's an initiative the country needs to take by not treating actors as the ultimate entities. These are little changes when seen on surface but are signficiant nevertheless. I'm not just speaking at an ambassador level but our country in general is very poor in encouraging various sports across different genders and regions. It's sad that in an attempt to increase the reach or visibility, we always end up clinging on to Bollywood stars, which shouldnt really be the case.

Absolutely agreed but the sad unchanging reality about Indians is that we only love our filmstars and cricket godsOuch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheekThaakNimbuMirchi

ChotaBheem IF-Sizzlerz
ChotaBheem
ChotaBheem

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:47am | IP Logged

I agree Salman ko appoint karna nahin chahiye tha per isme uska koi galti nahin.
IOA should be blamed to appoint him.
Jo sports person Salman ka court cases ki baat kar rahe hain unka bhi points jayaz hai
Per Salman ney khudko nahin banaya.Jisney apoint kia usko jawab dena chahiye.

Edited by ChotaBheem - 24 April 2016 at 7:48am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:53am | IP Logged
@GS- Sadly who needs Media publicity right for this token award , would it guarantee eye-balls at some down-trodden category?
People tun in for grappling for Dutt and Sushil . How would media buzz for Salman help there? Who would benefit if these guys earn a medla- the sport and tangibly Salman's movie. 

It is simply a disrespect when you generate a "post" and then hand it over to a BW celeb . If this isn't for his "movie" than what is? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

slumgod..-DZ-

Go to top