bepannaahpyaar. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
*VM/Trailer at the bottom*

Pre-VM/Trailer Discussion aka Background:
(you may skip this if you wish)
 😊

Fitoor: a madness, passion, obsession for something or someone 

Fitoor, released on February 12th of 2016, was a movie based off of Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. And I've had my eye out to make a fan-trailer for this movie for a while now, and that's because I just cannot help but find striking similarities between the character Pip (Noor in Fitoor) and Shravan.

The Great Parallels/Similarities: Of course while the situations, circumstances, context are all completely different, the "fitoor" with which Pip/Noor loved Estella/Firdaus, respectively, is so comparable to the way Shravan loved Suman, and continued to do so, all these years (regardless of what he claims). Despite the heartbreak, despite the hurt, he still loves her, and with such a strong, compelling passion. And apart from that, the fact that Estella/Firdaus essentially shaped the man Pip/Noor grew up to be SO STRONGLY resonates with the story of Shravan & Suman--I just had to adapt EDKV to this classic. ❤️

Major Differences: Of course Pip/Noor's love for Estella/Firdaus also had undertones of her representing his great expectations from life, etc. and the fact that Shravan is not poor the way Pip/Noor was, two major points where the two characters differ, but the similarities in the way they love were compelling enough to convince me to adapt the story regardless. And the lack of Mrs. Havisham/Hazrat Begum & the fact that Estella/Firdaus is quite different from Suman, are perhaps the most obvious differences. With regards to the lack of a Mrs. Havisham/Hazrat Begum, I left her dialogues in and aimed to give an unseen presence in the trailer. With regards to Estella/Firdaus and Suman being quite different characters, I tried my best to portray her as such a character through the power of scene selection & editing 😆.

So yes, since this is a fan-trailer,  I would like you all to be aware that I am adapting the story of EDKV to the story of Great Expectations/Fitoor (and not the other way around).

Before getting onto the VM, here is an excerpt from Great Expectations that I urge you all to read because 1.) It will really help you see what I meant by the striking similarities between Shravan & Pip/Noor and 2.) It's a beautiful excerpt from a timeless novel!

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, excerpt from Chapter 44

"You will get me out of your thoughts in a week."

"Out of my thoughts! You are part of my existence, part of myself. You have been in every line I have ever read, since I first came here, the rough common boy whose poor heart you wounded even then. You have been in every prospect I have ever seen since on the river, on the sails of the ships, on the marshes, in the clouds, in the light, in the darkness, in the wind, in the woods, in the sea, in the streets. You have been the embodiment of every graceful fancy that my mind has ever become acquainted with. The stones of which the strongest London buildings are made, are not more real, or more impossible to be displaced by your hands, than your presence and influence have been to me, there and everywhere, and will be. Estella, to the last hour of my life, you cannot choose but remain part of my character, part of the little good in me, part of the evil. But, in this separation I associate you only with the good, and I will faithfully hold you to that always..."

And finally! Here you go, an EDKV retelling of the classic Great Expectations. I hope you like it ❤️. 

Please watch it in HD!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrWF8xwPses[/YOUTUBE]

Let me know what you thought!

-Kriti ❤️

NAMIK SAW THIS. AND HE COMPLIMENTED MY WORK.
I'M CRYING WHAT IS MY LIFE?

#WhenBaeGivesYouShabaashi ❤️
Edited by .SankaDevi. - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Euphoria_V thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

First of all, this poster/banner is beautiful. Master piece. So perfect and apt.

Seriously kriti, you surprised me today. I am dead. Totally dead 🤢 . What an amazing trailer. So so apt. Perfectly perfect. 👏 .

1)Pehli baar jab tumhe dekha toh Firdaus...Bomb phat Gaya tha mere sar pe.

THERE You ADDED YOUNGER SHRAMAN'S FIRST MEETING.❤️. Oh goddd how awesome it was, perfectly matched with the dialogue 😳

2)Ek Ek cheez tumhari yaad hai mujhe...
Tumhara scarf...
Tumhari kahaniyon Ki kitaab

And here, the handkerchief scene of shraman...wow wow...lovely superb
Once again it fitted well with the dialogue...

And then suman walking towards library.,.
*crossword dictionary* "kahaniyon Ki kitaab*

Awww Mann I am so excited don't know why...this trailer driving me crazy...

3)Woh Ek Ek din Jo Maine Roz jiya hai

shravan's scene...whilst he was leaving to London...❤️

Fantastic 👏

4) Ustaad naur khan...*Raising Star*

oh my my...,.yaar it's impeccable... Grown up shravan's introduction scene in the party...*Raising star* and shravan hayeee

Killed it

5)*Pashmina dhaago ke sang koi aaj bune khwaab...aise kaise...*

oh my god suman's entry in the party...it's it's it's just magical ❤️* song and suman's entry *lovely lovely * 😉

6)Khaid kar kiya tumne firdaus...
Mujhe laga tha tum azaad kar doge

Ab khud se aazaadi mouth hi de sakhti hai ya phir ishq

omg omg those scenes were so apt

7)*Yeh fitoor mera ...laya hai mujhko tere kareeb*

shraman's party dance 👏

8)Pyar Karta hoon main tumse
Tumhe samajh nahi aata

Nachi chahiye mujhe itna pagalpan aur

oh god you know what I felt like it's real...shravan said those words hayeee main marjawaan*

9)AND The LAST Scene...THE DIALOGUE...EXCELLENT

YEH ISHQ NAHI ASAAN
YA TOH DOOBOGE YA TAIR KAR NIKLOGE

KRITI It's IMPECCABLE
I am going CRAZY

*DOWNLOADED*

AWESOME YAAR

I Love you FOR THIS 🤗

Edited by --fero-- - 8 years ago
crazian thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It's jus beyond awesome...felt so real👏
 Awesome work dr...
cute00ish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
woah thas so beautiful kriti❤️
love it
specially from 1:23 to 1:27
the way you have used that scene with the dailogue 

well actually all scene used match so perfect
hatts off to you👍🏼
Edited by cute00ish - 8 years ago
hagen thumbnail
Its Awesome just Amazing👏
KostinsQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
OMGGG KRITI...
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING VM...
background lines very well sinked with scenes especially scene @1:23 ...it really felt like Shravan said those words to Sumo. .
Fabulous VM & u r incredibly talented 👏
TurnThePage thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Damn it Kriti!! It is so good...sheer perfection.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED how you used that "Pyar karta hoon tumse..." line. It actually felt like Shravan said that. Well maybe internally😆...

You are really talented I've gotta admit.

mizzundaztud thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow... Beautiful kittu... You know i DIED when he said "PYAAR KARTA HOON MAIN TUMSE" 
Uske bad mere dimaag Se Sab kuch blank

potterginny thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Damn girl! This is what is called as being talented!
I would love to see more of these kind of trailers!
You have beautifully depicted great expectations retaining ShraMan's originality. The scenes well picked! C'est parfait!
Thank you for this.
Love,
Ginny
Euphoria_V thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
KRITI WAISE MY ACTUAL NAME IS FIRDAUS

🤣🤣