Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

remove of ad for being sexist - right or wrong . (Page 3)

angel_juhi04 IF-Sizzlerz
angel_juhi04
angel_juhi04

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anachronist

why isnt  the men will be men ad termed as sexist ? double standards LOL

Its termed as sexist on many women sites on internetLOL.

LoveToLaugh Goldie
LoveToLaugh
LoveToLaugh

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ThugLeader

Originally posted by Aweeecute

Oh just saw the articles lol at the overreaction.
But than again this new brand of peusdo feminists is funny and absolutely stupid, so no suprises.
but the ad was sexist.
so the outrage was fine but i dont support the removal of ad

How was it a sexist ad? Was it saying all girls are like that? Was it like those cd adds where they potray all men as horny bas***ds? I don't see protests about those ads where men are shown as horny bas***ds in lifts? Of course they will not, because men will be men.
ya but we live in india
where the condition of the women is horrible (not all )
but i dont supprt the ban
so i do have issue with women who were demanding ban of this ad

Conditions of women is horrible but that does not change the fact that their are women who exploit men. The thing is neither man or woman are saints, we have creul man exploiting innocent woman and cunning woman exploiting innocent man. Ok exploiting is taking too far, but it is true that most of the cases we have one partner taking advantage of the other because they are timid, shy and not bold. Woman supress the guy, and make him her puppet and man who take advantage of their partner and go around f**king and flirting with other women.

The ad is not generalising men nor women, it is just about a guy who has a gf who loves shopping and he has to bear the expenses. And he gets to saves his money by having a cheap transportation facility provided by Ola. It is simple as that, I know different people have different interpretation, but many such stupid controversies can be avoided if people have sensible interpretation and don't take everything seriously.

The thing is majority of the women who protests these ads are the same who call other women bitch because of how she dress.

Commenting only because arguments like the one in bold baffle me. It most certainly isn't about just a guy who has a girlfriend who loves shopping. If you are a woman, chances are you have been at the receiving end of such "jokes" more times than you can remember. In my experience, it is almost always the men telling and laughing at such jokes; women mostly look around awkwardly because these jokes are rarely funny. I don't know, men seem to truly believe that in a heterosexual relationship, they are the ones who suffer endlessly because oh, women are always manipulating their men into buying things for them! In such a context, it is not just about one man with a terrible sense of humor. It is about shaming women, it is about gendering an activity and then putting women down because of it, it is about implying that all that women do is shopping and those who do enjoy it should be made to feel ashamed, it is about implying that all women are out there to manipulate their partners into sponsoring their whims and no woman is EVER capable of paying for herself and must always depend on a boyfriend or a husband or some other male person, it is about implying that it is only the men who use services like Ola, it is about mocking women for the sole purpose of catering to a male audience that seems to think such jokes are incredibly funny. It is not about "controversies", it is about women no longer willing to be talked down to. The outrage is justified.

Ola apologized for the ad and they themselves decided to take down the video. I don't know what is the problem with that. Hopefully, they will come up with better content in the future.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RamSiyaRam

U_R_MY_BITCH IF-Rockerz
U_R_MY_BITCH
U_R_MY_BITCH

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

But than again this new brand of peusdo feminists is funny and absolutely stupid, so no suprises.
but the ad was sexist.

How was it a sexist ad? Was it saying all girls are like that? Was it like those cd adds where they potray all men as horny bas***ds? I don't see protests about those ads where men are shown as horny bas***ds in lifts? Of course they will not, because men will be men.
ya but we live in india

Conditions of women is horrible but that does not change the fact that their are women who exploit men. The thing is neither man or woman are saints, we have creul man exploiting innocent woman and cunning woman exploiting innocent man. Ok exploiting is taking too far, but it is true that most of the cases we have one partner taking advantage of the other because they are timid, shy and not bold. Woman supress the guy, and make him her puppet and man who take advantage of their partner and go around f**king and flirting with other women.

The ad is not generalising men nor women, it is just about a guy who has a gf who loves shopping and he has to bear the expenses. And he gets to saves his money by having a cheap transportation facility provided by Ola. It is simple as that, I know different people have different interpretation, but many such stupid controversies can be avoided if people have sensible interpretation and don't take everything seriously.

The thing is majority of the women who protests these ads are the same who call other women bitch because of how she dress.

Commenting only because arguments like the one in bold baffle me. It most certainly isn't about just a guy who has a girlfriend who loves shopping. If you are a woman, chances are you have been at the receiving end of such "jokes" more times than you can remember. In my experience, it is almost always the men telling and laughing at such jokes; women mostly look around awkwardly because these jokes are rarely funny. I don't know, men seem to truly believe that in a heterosexual relationship, they are the ones who suffer endlessly because oh, women are always manipulating their men into buying things for them! In such a context, it is not just about one man with a terrible sense of humor. It is about shaming women, it is about gendering an activity and then putting women down because of it, it is about implying that all that women do is shopping and those who do enjoy it should be made to feel ashamed, it is about implying that all women are out there to manipulate their partners into sponsoring their whims and no woman is EVER capable of paying for herself and must always depend on a boyfriend or a husband or some other male person, it is about implying that it is only the men who use services like Ola, it is about mocking women for the sole purpose of catering to a male audience that seems to think such jokes are incredibly funny. It is not about "controversies", it is about women no longer willing to be talked down to. The outrage is justified.

Ola apologized for the ad and they themselves decided to take down the video. I don't know what is the problem with that. Hopefully, they will come up with better content in the future.

The ad is no where shaming a girl or stereotyping woman. It is just stating a particular situation trying to advertise the cheap rate if OLA.
Anyways it is you and other such highly intelligent bunch who are trying to intercept that Ola is trying to say women cannot buy their stuff, which obviously they are not trying to tell ot promote. They are trying to advertise using a particular situation. As I said overreaction by people as always, terming everything sexist, if not being hurt or sad by these kind of ads is being sexist than yes I am the biggest sexist ever born and I am happy about it.

Mental_Manadhil

Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 1:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Too_Much

W.T

wrong thread

Thx :-)
angel_juhi04 IF-Sizzlerz
angel_juhi04
angel_juhi04

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 1:50am | IP Logged

W.T

wrong thread

Thx :-)

Where else she will post? Debate mansion is filled wid horrible chauvinistic people who give horrible comments to many questions. Is there any proper place to discuss these things?
RamSiyaRam IF-Rockerz
RamSiyaRam
RamSiyaRam

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

but the ad was sexist.

ya but we live in india

I havent seen that adv but I agree that there are many more advs and jokes on women being the gossipers, shoppers, and highly demanding types. Which is in stark contrast with reality where women are actually battered, tortured and treated like slaves. Hence I agree such prejudice enhancing advs should stop. There is Havells advs which are so goodThumbs Up Somewhere these advs makers need to accept that women are human too and not a commodity which they are trying to sellDead If anyone disbelieves that advs dont impact then that is denial.

LoveToLaugh

--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Taking something down just because it hurts your precious feelings is not done.
Moderator Global Moderator

Anonymous Moderator

Posted: 24 April 2016 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Irrelevant to Bollywood

For further concerns, please feel free to approach any member of the Development Team of this forum!

Regards,
I-F Development Team

Go to top