remove of ad for being sexist - right or wrong .

Aweeeecute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
i know its not bollywood related.
but what are your views about that ola ad
which got removed because of outrage on social media.
i mean the ad was sexist.
now people are blaming feminist 😡
for making a issue out of a ad

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ola add? Sorry for my ignorance.
Aweeeecute thumbnail
Originally posted by: ThugLeader

Ola add? Sorry for my ignorance.

ola cabs
made an ad for promoting Ola
and ad was sexist.
so on twitter and facebook
people were offended and now it got removed.
so my point is its kk to ban the ad.
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Oh just saw the articles lol at the overreaction.
But than again this new brand of peusdo feminists is funny and absolutely stupid, so no suprises.
Aweeeecute thumbnail

Oh just saw the articles lol at the overreaction.
But than again this new brand of peusdo feminists is funny and absolutely stupid, so no suprises.

but the ad was sexist.
so the outrage was fine but i dont support the removal of adEdited by Aweeeecute - 8 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aweeecute

but the ad was sexist.
so the outrage was fine but i dont support the removal of ad

How was it a sexist ad? Was it saying all girls are like that? Was it like those cd adds where they potray all men as horny bas***ds? I don't see protests about those ads where men are shown as horny bas***ds in lifts? Of course they will not, because men will be men.
Aweeeecute thumbnail

How was it a sexist ad? Was it saying all girls are like that? Was it like those cd adds where they potray all men as horny bas***ds? I don't see protests about those ads where men are shown as horny bas***ds in lifts? Of course they will not, because men will be men.

ya but we live in india
where the condition of the women is horrible (not all )
but i dont supprt the ban
so i do have issue with women who were demanding ban of this ad
I thought you were talking about Ola Amigo song from Krishhh movie. I think this Hrithik Kangana thing is getting to my head 
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aweeecute

ya but we live in india
where the condition of the women is horrible (not all )
but i dont supprt the ban
so i do have issue with women who were demanding ban of this ad

Conditions of women is horrible but that does not change the fact that their are women who exploit men. The thing is neither man or woman are saints, we have creul man exploiting innocent woman and cunning woman exploiting innocent man. Ok exploiting is taking too far, but it is true that most of the cases we have one partner taking advantage of the other because they are timid, shy and not bold. Woman supress the guy, and make him her puppet and man who take advantage of their partner and go around f**king and flirting with other women.

The ad is not generalising men nor women, it is just about a guy who has a gf who loves shopping and he has to bear the expenses. And he gets to saves his money by having a cheap transportation facility provided by Ola. It is simple as that, I know different people have different interpretation, but many such stupid controversies can be avoided if people have sensible interpretation and don't take everything seriously.

The thing is majority of the women who protests these ads are the same who call other women bitch because of how she dress.Edited by ThugLeader - 8 years ago
Aweeeecute thumbnail

Conditions of women is horrible but that does not change the fact that their are women who exploit men. The thing is neither man or woman are saints, we have creul man exploiting innocent woman and cunning woman exploiting innocent man. Ok exploiting is taking too far, but it is true that most of the cases we have one partner taking advantage of the other because they are timid, shy and not bold. Woman supress the guy, and make him her puppet and man who take advantage of their partner and go around f**king and flirting with other women.

The ad is not generalising men nor women, it is just about a guy who has a gf who loves shopping and he has to bear the expenses. And he gets to saves his money by having a cheap transportation facility provided by Ola. It is simple as that, I know different people have different interpretation, but many such stupid controversies can be avoided if people have sensible interpretation and don't take everything seriously.

The thing is majority of the women who protests these ads are the same who call other women bitch because of how she dress.

i agree except the last para.
more than girls its boys who comment on women clothes.