Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

India-Forums

Post pictures of what you love (Page 23)

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 03 February 2017 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Black and white
An interplay of the dark and light

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RuminationMaharani.---Betty---

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 04 February 2017 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Cutest gang indeedHeart

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rumination---Betty---

Maharani. IF-Dazzler
Maharani.
Maharani.

Posted: 04 February 2017 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nynaeve

Dear T,

Yes, yes, yes it is from WoT - you are the first to get it. I almost gave up hope of meeting another WoT reader, let alone a fan (are you one). She is the most exasperating character (that is the general opinion) but I simply love her.

Pictures on 6 -8, few are mine tooSmile

And you are right, since it is one picture a post, the length does not make a  difference, too many and scrolling is difficult. Will keep it mind.

Good to meet you, T.

Best,
Nyna

Dear Nyna,
The way you have addressed me in your posts, I feel like someone has written a letter to me.
It is a good feeling, I haven't received a single letter in the past 12 years. 
Only emails which start with 'Respected', 'ma'am', or 'miss'. LOL
Thank you, letters always gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, which I am reminded of, reading this.
I cannot say I am a fan of WoT, it is a very unfortunate tale. 
I received my first copy back in 2004, my grandmother bought it as a gift for me from the US. Imagine my excitement! 
Sadly, I could not read beyond the first and second book, as she passed away. 
And then I was asked to ration my gift list as the years went by, so I wished for other treasures like Narnia, Lord of the Rings, and the last one was GoT. 

I found the author's attempt to finish the books before he passed away very endearing. He left his mark on the world, something I hope I am able to achieve. I worry it may not happen.
Because as Obama said: Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. 

Anyway, your UN made me look for the entire set of WoT on Amazon, it is so expensive where I live, jesus! I spent my monthly savings on the entire set of Bakuman. LOL
I shall have to look for it online, though I hate reading on electronic devices. I need that tangible feeling, to be fully immersed. 

Yes, I am always drawn towards strong female characters. I haven't come across too many. I found similarities between Lara Croft (it is a game I played) and Nynaeve. 

So now my mission is to finish WoT. 

Take care. Smile

RuminationNynaeve

Maharani. IF-Dazzler
Maharani.
Maharani.

Posted: 04 February 2017 at 9:24am | IP Logged

Talking about strength and character reminds me of my favorite quote. 

Image result for and you scare people because you are whole

Ruminationnot.here

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 04 February 2017 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BB10

Dear Nyna,
The way you have addressed me in your posts, I feel like someone has written a letter to me.
It is a good feeling, I haven't received a single letter in the past 12 years. 
Only emails which start with 'Respected', 'ma'am', or 'miss'. LOL
Thank you, letters always gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, which I am reminded of, reading this.
I cannot say I am a fan of WoT, it is a very unfortunate tale. 
I received my first copy back in 2004, my grandmother bought it as a gift for me from the US. Imagine my excitement! 
Sadly, I could not read beyond the first and second book, as she passed away. 
And then I was asked to ration my gift list as the years went by, so I wished for other treasures like Narnia, Lord of the Rings, and the last one was GoT. 

I found the author's attempt to finish the books before he passed away very endearing. He left his mark on the world, something I hope I am able to achieve. I worry it may not happen.
Because as Obama said: Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. 

Anyway, your UN made me look for the entire set of WoT on Amazon, it is so expensive where I live, jesus! I spent my monthly savings on the entire set of Bakuman. LOL
I shall have to look for it online, though I hate reading on electronic devices. I need that tangible feeling, to be fully immersed. 

Yes, I am always drawn towards strong female characters. I haven't come across too many. I found similarities between Lara Croft (it is a game I played) and Nynaeve. 

So now my mission is to finish WoT. 

Take care. Smile

Dear T,

Styling the reply as a letter, is a hangover of a schooling received from a school run by christian missionaries. I often feel a twinge of embarrassment while writing as such, but old habits die hard. But today reading that you felt warm and fuzzy makes me feel good and I am now determined not to change the style.

WoT is not a very unfortunate tale (I presume you are referring to the plot) as far as the story goes, the misfortune is that Robert Jordan passed away before he completed the series. And the replacement writer is a good writer in his own right (I do enjoy his books) but it was terrible to read his rendition of what Jordan intended. The style was so different that it felt as though the last three volumes were a very good FF. It ruined the whole series, believe me, I wanted the entire series (14 books) and one prequel, which would make it a series of fifteen volumes, preferably one that might have been published as a collectors' edition, as a birthday gift from my brother. I chose to forgo that year's gift once I finished reading the ending.CryCry 

But since you have been forewarned, do read it, his world building is simply amazing as well as his attention to detail. It is worth it and if possible do read the character synopsis,(gives details as to the mythological characters on which the main book characters have been based) which is written by the fans. If interested, I shall hunt down the links (there would be spoilers, though).

And this is for reminding me of a series I loved and hated, still do...

Best,
Nyna

PS: At this rate this thread, which is supposed to be about pictures, will turn to a chat club.LOLLOL

Bakuman - I had to google that one, so it show how ignorant I am in some respectsLOL

RuminationMaharani.

Maharani. IF-Dazzler
Maharani.
Maharani.

Posted: 04 February 2017 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nynaeve

Dear T,

Styling the reply as a letter, is a hangover of a schooling received from a school run by christian missionaries. I often feel a twinge of embarrassment while writing as such, but old habits die hard. But today reading that you felt warm and fuzzy makes me feel good and I am now determined not to change the style.

WoT is not a very unfortunate tale (I presume you are referring to the plot) as far as the story goes, the misfortune is that Robert Jordan passed away before he completed the series. And the replacement writer is a good writer in his own right (I do enjoy his books) but it was terrible to read his rendition of what Jordan intended. The style was so different that it felt as though the last three volumes were a very good FF. It ruined the whole series, believe me, I wanted the entire series (14 books) and one prequel, which would make it a series of fifteen volumes, preferably one that might have been published as a collectors' edition, as a birthday gift from my brother. I chose to forgo that year's gift once I finished reading the ending.CryCry 

But since you have been forewarned, do read it, his world building is simply amazing as well as his attention to detail. It is worth it and if possible do read the character synopsis,(gives details as to the mythological characters on which the main book characters have been based) which is written by the fans. If interested, I shall hunt down the links (there would be spoilers, though).

And this is for reminding me of a series I loved and hated, still do...

Best,
Nyna

PS: At this rate this thread, which is supposed to be about pictures, will turn to a chat club.LOLLOL

Bakuman - I had to google that one, so it show how ignorant I am in some respectsLOL

Okay, so I am going to finish this topic up real quick LOL, I don't want the thread to turn into a chat club either, but I am unable to help this habit of mine, I talk too much resulting from the fact that I love talking on wide-ranging topics. 

I studied in a convent school, I understand your plight. I can go from sounding like a complete hippie to sounding very posh depending on the situation. I am weird like that. 
No, I meant my inability to read all the books was unfortunate. I ate up my words in between, I am very hungry right now. LOL

Oh that sucks, you must have been left with an incomplete feeling when the author died. I have never experienced it, though I fear this could happen with GRRM, before he finishes the book.
Omg, I love how posted a picture of all the books lined up together, it is so pretty. I love doing that with my books and keep staring at them. Hahaha. 

I shall keep all the tips in mind before reading the books and bother you with questions if I need to. Embarrassed  

RuminationNynaeve

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 05 February 2017 at 12:40am | IP Logged
This is a book cover, very intriguing and makes me tempted to read the book. The review is not so kind. (more of it on the Book club section)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rumination

Nynaeve IF-Dazzler
Nynaeve
Nynaeve

Posted: 05 February 2017 at 10:20am | IP Logged
The edge of life?

Rumination---Betty---

Go to top