Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Tiger, tiger burning bright
In the  forests of the night.

And its domestic tiny cousin:

Nynaeve thumbnail
The mandarin fish (Synchiropus splendidus) swims in the south-west Pacific Ocean close to Australia, Taiwan, and the Philippines. Its array of color is similar to that of the robes worn by an Imperial Chinese mandarin or bureaucrat. The blue color comes from a cellular pigment that is unique to the species. The mandarin fish is only 6 cm long. It dwells in secluded lagoons and reefs, eating small crustaceans

Nynaeve thumbnail
Autumn Reindeer

Nynaeve thumbnail
Synchronised Stretching😊

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nynaeve

Synchronised Stretching😊

Is this a yoga clas  😆  Were some yoga poses inspired by animals in the jungle? 😆

This article is so funny, I cannot even believe some of the pics, I hope they are real and not photoshopped

And you thought yoga was just for yummy mummies! Bears, dogs, monkeys and cats show off their moves

• Photos of animals doing yoga poses prove humans aren't the only yogis
  • A gorilla, polar bear, lemur, otter and sloth and others show off their moves
  • Poses show how certainyoga poses are inspired by our animal friends

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 19:12 EST, 1 September 2016 | UPDATED: 19:44 EST, 1 September 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3769962/And-thought-yoga-just-yummy-mummies-Bears-dogs-monkeys-cats-moves.html#ixzz4aBZSD3l9 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The ancient practice of yoga is undoubtedly a human invention - but these furry creatures prove that animals can get in on the action, too.

Take a look as a bulldog, lemur, lion, sloth and even a polar bear give human yogis a run for their money.

The resemblance between their poses and a few popular yoga poses - including the triangle, half lotus, plank and tree pose - is uncanny.

Some moves - like the downward-facing dog - are obvious references to our animal friends.  

And while the spiritual context may be lost on them, these flexible furries sure appreciate a good stretch.  

This will get rid of that puppy fat: but this pooch doesn't seem too keen on keeping fit
+11

This will get rid of that puppy fat: but this pooch doesn't seem too keen on keeping fit

Let's trance: a ring-tailed lemur meditates in the half lotus position

Let's trance: a ring-tailed lemur meditates in the half lotus position

Lion down on the job: even the king of the jungle needs to spend some time keeping trim

Cool dude: if you're a polar bear, there's a danger of freezing solid in a yoga plank

Cool dude: if you're a polar bear, there's a danger of freezing solid in a yoga plank

Meditation: it's otter concentration

Meditation: it's otter concentration

Dogged determination: believe it or not, this position really is called the upward facing dog

Dogged determination: believe it or not, this position really is called the upward facing dog

Oops a daisy: a young panda gets in a right old pickle

Oops a daisy: a young panda gets in a right old pickle

That's why they call me Yoga Bear... because when it comes to exercise, I'm smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo

That's why they call me Yoga Bear... because when it comes to exercise, I'm smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo

Feline flexible: this one is easy for a puss - we like to call it the catnap position

Feline flexible: this one is easy for a puss - we like to call it the catnap position

Don't drop me, mum: a orangutan does the tree pose - and the baby comes, too

Don't drop me, mum: a orangutan does the tree pose - and the baby comes, too

Edited by ---Betty--- - 7 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
I feel most if not all the beauty and brilliant colors and combinations of this earth is hidden in the deep sea ⭐️

Originally posted by: Nynaeve

The mandarin fish (Synchiropus splendidus) swims in the south-west Pacific Ocean close to Australia, Taiwan, and the Philippines. Its array of color is similar to that of the robes worn by an Imperial Chinese mandarin or bureaucrat. The blue color comes from a cellular pigment that is unique to the species. The mandarin fish is only 6 cm long. It dwells in secluded lagoons and reefs, eating small crustaceans

TotalBetty thumbnail
To brighten up a dreary day google 'Pandas playing gif' and there are so many, one cuter than the other 😊

panda

Nynaeve thumbnail
A picture of a thousand sunsets:

Believe it or not these stunning sunsets are not the work of a talented oil painter but are in fact the result of incredible time lapse technology.

These awe-inspiring photos of the sky were created by using the technique of over lapped multiple exposure that are then skilfully 'stacked' on Photoshop.

Matt Mollow, 28, from Ontario, Canada, uses the same process when capturing star trails and can use up to 1,000 different images for one sunset picture.

Matt said: 'I was making my own star trail images after seeing some on the internet, and I wondered what it would look like if I used the same method with the time lapses I had shot during the day. 'First I shoot a time lapse. Then I use Photoshop to merge all the photos together via the lighten layer-blending mode. That adds all the lighter parts of each photo into one image.

'Clouds are my favourite thing to watch change over time, and they work great for time stacks. 'Since I started taking my sunsets back in 2012, the feedback has been great. I've been overwhelmed by all the nice comments.'

Nynaeve thumbnail
Originally posted by: ---Betty---

And while the spiritual context may be lost on them, these flexible furries sure appreciate a good stretch.  

+11

This is so me - both the fat🤣 and the disgusted expression😔
Previous
1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37
Next