Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

Just a few thoughts on Raman, a few more thoughts added on page 3!! (Page 5)

-Anku- IF-Stunnerz
-Anku-
-Anku-

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Welcome to the forum Zoya Smile Hug

Your topics are so beautiful and written with such depth that the YHM fan in me that's slowly been dying or at least crying if nothing seems to feel that nostalgia and emotion that made me think about this show and its characters all the time. 

I've always felt that Ishita and Raman had a lot in common. One being that they both felt extremely insecure and inferior. Raman felt like he wasn't a good enough father and husband, which is why Shagun and Adi left him. He gave up on being any of it later till Ishita taught him and because it was in him to love he did go back to being himself and then began overcompensating and hence even went to extremes to hold on to what he had in fear of losing. Similarly with Ishita, she thought she could never give the family a child or heir but they had made her a mother to Ruhi and her being selfless, giving and sometimes extremely giving was for the same reason... she wanted to make sure they never felt she lacked. She'd heard the taunts from everyone, but if she'd have to again even after becoming a mother she wouldn't be able to take it.

Coming to the Pre leap confrontation that ruined it all. The words were harsh, the scene and the setting of it all so abrupt and rushed that I could never relate to it at all. It's very hard for me to justify any of his words there. But there is a mechanism to everyone, a way a character is built and you are right. It wasn't like IshRa can't exist without Ruhi or were together only because of her. But they did come together FOR HER. It was her that gave a new existence to their life, gave them both a second chance they didn't think they would have. And their worst fear was if that one person that made them acceptable again was lost, they'd have no life. And that is what lead to either doing what they did. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Zoyamalik2005UmeraTariq

Zoyamalik2005 Senior Member
Zoyamalik2005
Zoyamalik2005

Posted: 25 April 2016 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Anku-

Welcome to the forum Zoya Smile Hug

Your topics are so beautiful and written with such depth that the YHM fan in me that's slowly been dying or at least crying if nothing seems to feel that nostalgia and emotion that made me think about this show and its characters all the time. 

I've always felt that Ishita and Raman had a lot in common. One being that they both felt extremely insecure and inferior. Raman felt like he wasn't a good enough father and husband, which is why Shagun and Adi left him. He gave up on being any of it later till Ishita taught him and because it was in him to love he did go back to being himself and then began overcompensating and hence even went to extremes to hold on to what he had in fear of losing. Similarly with Ishita, she thought she could never give the family a child or heir but they had made her a mother to Ruhi and her being selfless, giving and sometimes extremely giving was for the same reason... she wanted to make sure they never felt she lacked. She'd heard the taunts from everyone, but if she'd have to again even after becoming a mother she wouldn't be able to take it.

Coming to the Pre leap confrontation that ruined it all. The words were harsh, the scene and the setting of it all so abrupt and rushed that I could never relate to it at all. It's very hard for me to justify any of his words there. But there is a mechanism to everyone, a way a character is built and you are right. It wasn't like IshRa can't exist without Ruhi or were together only because of her. But they did come together FOR HER. It was her that gave a new existence to their life, gave them both a second chance they didn't think they would have. And their worst fear was if that one person that made them acceptable again was lost, they'd have no life. And that is what lead to either doing what they did. 

Raman and Ishita's biggest problem is themselves. They will never trust themselves to be good enough for the other, so how are they meant to completely trust each other. It's like the principle, you can never be loved truly, unless you love yourself. Raman has always felt he isn't good enough for Ishita, especially next to mani, who was, as he phrased her knight in shining armour. Sometimes I feel like, even after Ishita chased him around the airport for HIM, as she had Ruhi now regardless, he still thinks of himself as the plus one she made peace with, when in fact she loves him so so much. And with Ishita, well from personal experience I can say when you are told you are not good enough constantly, you start to believe it.  Ishita is an example of that, and she began to heal with Ruhi and Raman. She said Ruhi and Raman completed her.  In the end, placing control of that completeness even in Raman's hands was too much for her to to take. Her choice not to follow raman's instructions in some essence revealed her desperation to not wanting to revert to feeling inadequate.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MreddyUmeraTariqinfinity00

Go to top