Dahleez

India-Forums

Dahleez
Dahleez

SwaDarsh SS | My Best-friend's Brother | Chapter 3 updated (Page 4)

Paridhi7250 Senior Member
Paridhi7250
Paridhi7250

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 2:44am | IP Logged
I figured it's time to upload the next chapter... even though I haven't written the one that is to come after this! Feels pressure...

Hope you Enjoy it!

Chapter 3

'Hi,' she walked into his room and removed her scarf and side bag.

'Hi.' He got up to greet her.

'Uh uh' she stopped him before he could hug her. 'All this after you've completed the task I've set for you.'

'Which is?' he asked amused.

She pulled a book out of her bag.

'A book?' he asked confused. 'Maybe you weren't aware but I read books all the time. How's this a task?'

She looked unperturbed.

'You haven't seen which book this is Adarsh.' She turned the book to show him the cover.

'NO!' He exclaimed horrorstruck. She laughed at his shock.

'Swadheenta tell me you're not serious? Twilight Saga New Moon?'

'Did you think it was gonna be easy?' she asked in jest. 'Kal toh bade confident the! Aaj kya hua? This is the task. Take it or leave it.'

'Fine, I'll take it,' he said with a martyred expression. 'Am I supposed to prepare a summary or something?'

'No. We're just gonna split the roles and read the climax of the book. You will also read the narration,' She explained, surprised that he agreed to this without any other tantrums. 'There are some rules though, you can't break out of the character; so no laughing. You have to muster as much sincerity as you can.'

'Okay,' he agreed slowly.

'Let's start then' she smiled and handed her iPad to him. 'Here's your copy.'

'Wait a minute if we're doing this; we're doing it my way. We read from the same book.' He declared.

'Fine.' She conceded.

He plonked himself down on the bed and patted the place next to him. As Swadheenta removed her shoes, Adarsh commented 'I can't believe you are into this stuff.'

'Is that a problem?' she asked a leading question of which only one reply could be the correct one.

'No,' he exclaimed immediately taking the cue.

'To be honest, I'm not anymore. It was just a phase. Just girl things, you know; DDLJ, Twilight, Dil Toh Pagal Hai and all,' she said as she settled down next to him at a respectable distance.

He tugged at her hand and in the next second there was only a gap of few inches between their noses, 'Aur paas,' he said mockingly imitating Shahrukh Khan.

Swadheenta laughed.

'Aur kitne paas Adarsh?' she asked straightening.

'Arey I'm serious.' He said. 'C'mere, unlike your vampire I won't bite. Not just yet.' He smirked.

'Edward doesn't bite.' She said.

'The f**k kinda vampire is this?' he exclaimed.

'A well-behaved one.' She replied.

'Well, you can't say the same about me,' he said as he pulled her to sit right by his side and made her lean back into him.

'Adarsh!' she complained.

'Like I said we're gonna do this my way.' He stated and proceeded to wrap an arm across her shoulders.

'Fine! Just let me get comfortable then.' She said adjusting her position.

'That's the spirit,' burying his face in her hair.

'Adarsh book pe dhyan de?' she asked, her breath feeling constricted.

'Breathe first and try to relax a bit,' he said. After she sucked in a deep breath he said, 'Chalo open your damned book now.'

"Chapter 20

VOLTERRA

WE BEGAN THE STEEP CLIMB, AND THE ROAD GREW CONGESTED. As we wound higher, the cars became too close together for Alice to weave insanely between them anymore. We slowed to a crawl behind a little tan Peugeot.

Alice,' I moaned."

'I moaned? Seriously, you've got to be kidding me. I don't do moans! Grunts maybe.' Adarsh complained.

'Fine I'll do the narrations, you do the Edward parts.' Swadheenta huffed.

'Your part's coming up now, so you need to quit playing with my hair and start paying attention.' Swadheenta stopped to tell him. He nuzzled her neck. 'Adarsh, focus! This is the tenth time.'

He looked down at me with quiet surprise. "Amazing," he said, his exquisite voice full of wonder, slightly amused. "Carlisle was right." "Edward," I tried to gasp, but my voice had no sound. "You've got to get back into the shadows. You have to move!" He seemed bemused. His hand brushed softly against my cheek. ... My lungs filled deep with the sweet scent that came off his skin. It was like there had never been any hole in my chest. I was perfect"not healed, but as if there had been no wound in the first place. "I can't believe how quick it was. I didn't feel a thing"they're very good," he mused, closing his eyes again and pressing his lips against my hair. His voice was like honey and velvet. "Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty," he murmured, and I recognized the line spoken by Romeo in the tomb. The clock boomed out its final chime "You smell just exactly the same as always," he went on. "So maybe this is hell. I don't care. I'll take it."

'This really feels like hell,' Adarsh broke the flow again.

'Adarsh, what did I say about not breaking from character?'

'I didn't break out of the character. I was just adding my running commentary to get this moving. You can't tell me you're enjoying this.'

'That is beside the point. From this point on you don't give extra-commentary. You say and do as the character does.'

'Yes Ma'am,' he sighed.

"It's all right, you're safe, it's all right," he chanted again and again. He pulled me onto his lap and tucked the thick wool cloak around me, protecting me from his cold skin.

'Well I don't have a wool cloak but I can certainly pull you on my lap,' Adarsh said by way of another interruption. He received a smack on his arm for that as Swadheenta continued reading. 'Arey you only said to say and do as the character does.'

'I didn't see you tense up to throw punches.' She retorted. 'Focus now.'

He pressed his lips to the hollow under my ear. "Try," he encouraged.

Adarsh mimicked the action. Swadheenta just ignored him this time and continued reading with a small smile, thinking 'Yeh nahi maanne wale.'

"...he would lean down suddenly and kiss me"his glass-smooth lips brushing against my hair, my forehead, the tip of my nose. Each time it was like an electric shock to my long dormant heart."

Swadheenta wished her reactions to Adarsh doing it all could be a little different. They weren't. She brushed it off by ignoring him. But he may have noticed cause she went still each time.

Chapter 23: The Truth

'This better be good.' Adarsh yawned.

'It will be. This chapter is entirely yours. So no yawning, nuzzling, playing with my hair and you won't make a single move on me.'

'You're cruel.'

'I know.'

'Thank the lords this is over! How? Just how did people like this? She was desperate and plain crazy. I haven't seen a girl with a lower self-esteem than that. And honestly it's very unattractive. And that guy... I wanna know one guy who talks like this! "Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars"points of light and reason... And then you shot across my sky like a meteor." Christ!' he gave an exasperated tirade just as soon as the book was over. To his credit he stuck to the role in last two chapters without breaking character once. Swadheenta was impressed to say the least and a highly amused and also a little sorry for him.

'I need a strong cup of coffee to get out of the coma this book has put me into. I literally feel brain-dead.' Adarsh said, getting up and pulling Swadheenta along.

As they drank their coffee discussing something else, Adarsh was struck with a thought.

'Swadheenta?'

'Yeah?'

'Why'd you make me read that book?'

'Why do you think?'

'Was it because you want hearts and flowers in our relationship, Valentine's Day and everything?'

'Not Valentine's. No.' she replied avoiding the rest of the question. She wasn't sure of an answer herself. She didn't think she was interested in colourful love confessions but she definitely wanted to have meaningful conversations in a relationship.

'Because I don't do that. In fact if there is one thing I'm really shitty at, it's that.' He continued.

She wasn't sure of what kind of expression was on her face but whatever it was, it made Adarsh come closer to her and say, 'Hey! I mean I can do other stuff. Come I'll show you.'

'You're gonna play me a song?' Swadheenta asked eyeing his guitar.

'Did you think it was a showpiece hanging on the wall?' Adarsh asked with a raised eyebrow. 'Chalo sit in front of me now.'

Baby, you is the diamond that lasts forever

And I just can't take a single step without you

Baby, to you I'll always be a faithful lover

'Cause my heart can't make a single beat without you

You make me fly, you get me high

You turn my world to such a better place

Your crazy touch, the sweetest rush

Is something to save my life

I wanna spend my nights and days between your arms

Every day breathing your love

And even in my dreams I wanna be kissing your lips

Baby, breathing your love

Breathing your love, love, love

Baby, breathing your love, love

Baby boo, only you can make me recover

The lost parts of me I thought they'd gone a long time ago

With you life runs like the best love letter

I was just an empty soul until you stepped in to my show

You make me fly, you get me high

You turn my world to such a better place

Your crazy touch, the sweetest rush

Is something to save my life

I wanna spend my nights and days between your arms

Every day breathing your love

And even in my dreams I wanna be kissing your lips

Baby, breathing your love

'I can work with this,' Swadheenta said as airily as possible. Her voice was a little thick.

'Yeah right.' He mocked, seeing right through her.

PS: Link to the song in the post below...

Edited by Paridhi7250 - 30 April 2016 at 1:33pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

uchuramanKrazyKaur92angel6599Sharmi_swadarshSewzVBColoursofloveSweetSausushfizaMysticRiver

Paridhi7250 Senior Member
Paridhi7250
Paridhi7250

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 2:50am | IP Logged
So here's the song mentioned in the post above... Do take a listen!

Edited by Paridhi7250 - 30 April 2016 at 2:50am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KrazyKaur92

Coloursoflove Senior Member
Coloursoflove
Coloursoflove

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Ah! This was so fresh and unique. So different from what I've read so far. Kudos to you for this part. Keep up the good part. Continue soon!

Paridhi7250

SewzVB Senior Member
SewzVB
SewzVB

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Really interesting part... Twilight saga, LOL no wonder most of the guys don't like it LOL Swadheenta is a typical girly girl no doubt... Adarsh went through such a difficulty reading LOL
Enjoyed it a lot & that song choice was great Smile
Waiting for the next...

Paridhi7250

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Good..

Paridhi7250

KrazyKaur92 Groupbie