India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Did Dhoom 3 really have negative buzz?

dingle_hopper IF-Dazzler
dingle_hopper
dingle_hopper

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Okay, so the other BO thread inspired me to open this one...

I keep reading it in this forum how much Dhoom 3 sucked and how much people hated it.

I actually enjoyed the movie quite a lot  LOL

I thought Aamir was cute as Samar and Katrina looked hot in the songs, the story was perfectly nonsensical and I couldnt care less about how badly everyone acted LOL

It also got poor reviews from critics...

But I dont believe the audience report/WOM was as negative as it is made out to be in the forum.

Like a member mentioned in another thread, other big films with negative WOM like HNY and PRDP crashed after the first week.

But Dhoom 3 not only sustained, but it also broke the 4 months old record of CE to become the highest grossing movie of that time.

And honestly no amount of holidays and screens can help a movie sustain if the WOM is really negative, so I dont believe that only holidays saved D3.

My theory is that no matter how much we call the film cheesy, the twin brother story probably found a connect with the mass audience. The multiplex audience probably liked the glamour in the movie. And of course there were dance numbers by Katrina and slapstick comedy by Uday which kept people entertained.

What do you think?

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
it was all positive initially..also thanks to aamir..audience have so much faith in his script sense
it turned mixed to negative 1 month post release..till then all money was made

i guess koimoi gave it 4 stars calling it the best dhoom series..

DB_reloaded IF-Addictz
DB_reloaded
DB_reloaded

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Critics were lenient on D3 not like HNY or Dilwale better than CE as well
whoever i asked on and offline didnt like the film so its a curious case maybe everybody went to watch the film but didnt like it but by then the money was earned but i feel it still got good repeat audience as the 2nd and 3rd week collections were very good

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dingle_hopper

dingle_hopper IF-Dazzler
dingle_hopper
dingle_hopper

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cougarTown

it was all positive initially..also thanks to aamir..audience have so much faith in his script sense

So you are trying to say that it took 1 whole month for people to realize that the film was trash? Shocked

Nowadays with social media being so rampant it takes a week at most for people to judge whether a film is worth seeing or not.

Dhoom 3 on the other hand earned good amounts of money in weeks 2 and 3.

adventurousman

ponymo IF-Rockerz
ponymo
ponymo

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
It's because of the Dhoom franchise. People waited for years and years for Dhoom 3. Bad reviews weren't going to stop them from watching it. They had to watch it on their own to see if it really sucked.
--SH7_Sunny-- IF-Achieverz
--SH7_Sunny--
--SH7_Sunny--

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Dhoom name is enough to make ppl watch this series. Ppl are very excited for this movie after Hr's D:2 movie. It got on another level of popularity. LOL
dingle_hopper IF-Dazzler
dingle_hopper
dingle_hopper

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DB_reloaded

Critics were lenient on D3 not like HNY or Dilwale better than CE as well
whoever i asked on and offline didnt like the film so its a curious case maybe everybody went to watch the film but didnt like it but by then the money was earned but i feel it still got good repeat audience as the 2nd and 3rd week collections were very good

The people around me who saw the film also didnt seem to think too highly of it Confused

But thats the thing. I feel like even if they thought the film wasnt all that great, they were probably entertained by it, thanks to the songs and dances and the twist elements.

Also probably due to it being holiday season, people probably went in large groups to watch it just for the entertainment quotient.

Because imo a bad film can still make money if its entertaining, but a boring bad film? No chance.
cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dingle_hopper

Originally posted by cougarTown

So you are trying to say that it took 1 whole month for people to realize that the film was trash? Shocked

Nowadays with social media being so rampant it takes a week at most for people to judge whether a film is worth seeing or not.

Dhoom 3 on the other hand earned good amounts of money in weeks 2 and 3.

hota hai bhai

recent one to experience this is BM

initially so much praise..now it is very mixed

you know one of those movies we initially may like then change our minds about..

dingle_hopper

Go to top