Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: subhs

No he is saying good acting/experiment fails at BO .be yurself like salman on screen and public will watch .they dont want their megastar playing a common man role .
he was being sarcastic. he is not fond of rajnikanth

You got it, what he was trying to say...πŸ˜† Basically he means dont try to experiment and push the boundaries like Kamal Haasan did, just play up to the gallery as yourself, be the same thing in every movie and then public will watch, basically Indian public cannot digest anything new or unique. πŸ˜†
So back to trashy films it is...
crusty thumbnail

I am one of those who doesn't have a high opinion of KH. Off-screen he is so full himself it inadvertently spills on -screen too. He overacts most of the part and gives me a vibe of ' Look, look how awesomesauce my acting is' . Naaah. There is no soul in his acting, it's too technical/mechanical. He is a method actor whose technique works wonders once in a while and hits the spot but most of the times it's a miss. The same problem I've with Aamir of recent years. The soul/becoming the character in the emotional sphere is missing... there is still the 'I'm aamir the awesome actor' inside. Ditto for KH. Tom Hanks is a method actor too but he truly becomes the character in true sense removing his own persona/ego from it. 

In that sense, Rajni is far better. He is either being himself like Sallu or doing really well with his role, some of his older character-oriented movies. No pretensions of great art or intellect.
Edited by drummedup - 8 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: pallavi25

Please do recommend some of Rajni's brilliant films in Hindi...because I have watched him in Hum, Shivaji the Boss and Robot and a few other Hindi films of the 80s and he was nothing close to the brilliance of Kamal Haasan in Appu Raja in the dwarf's role. 
Or the brilliance of KH in Sadma or in many other Hindi movies, even the commercial ones like Saagar and Ek Duuje Ke Liye!
KH as a dwarf in Appu Raja was just mindblowing! β­οΈ

i have just watched that one movie of rajni where he was playing a side kick in a sri devi starrer..i guess it was chalbaaz

other than that..i can't care less for him..
RamSiyaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
RGV is crazy, what kind of lopsided comparison is this? 

People can take SRK & Kamal, chalo ok but Rajnikanth and Salman?πŸ€ͺ I am sure, fans of both would disagree. 

RGV is sad and gloomy.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

And the way he talks about atheism..I mean its okay if you don believe in God but stop mocking ppl's believes..He really does have a very high opinion about himself πŸ˜†The other day, in some IV he was like, Mani Ratnam, Shankar etc. became big only after they collaborated with him..Are you kidding me?πŸ˜• I mean Nayagan was an outstanding film and Kamal killed it with his performance but you are really stuck up if you think Mani Ratnam wasn't a big deal before thatπŸ˜†

So he doesn't have a good equation with MR and Shankar? I disagree about MR but Indian did put Shankar on the map though. πŸ˜› I don't even bother listening to his political and religious views. I know Anbe Sivam is a hugely appreciated movie but there's a reason why I couldn't warm up to the movie as such. It was difficult for me to just take it at its face value and not dig too deep into it. πŸ˜† Though it wasn't the first time that a movie had sided or glorified a particular ideology but coming from Kamal, I couldn't just ignore the bias. Edited by Kaapi - 8 years ago
Originally posted by: pallavi25

@Bold: OMG! So Much BS!😲HNY, CE failed at BO? 😲 All of his movies in last 8 yrs are either superhits, blockbusters, or hits!πŸ˜†

Salman is the expert at doing trashiest movies like Ready, Wanted, Dabanng 2, Kick, Bodyguard...

So both SRK and Salman did trashy movies and made money...so what was your point? πŸ˜•

You know you should really make up your mind on whether you're content with SRK's trashy films becoming hits at the BO(most of which are categorised into the 'masala' category btw) or SRK getting critical acclaim for his film (only one in recent times being Fan) that flopped. And you have GOT to stop ridiculing Salman for his 'trashy' films when your fav is doing no better (with only exception being Fan but even Fan did not strike a chord with the general audience). That is all Sunny was saying to you. That YOUR fav has been doing trashy films for nearly the past decade and those films did not even work at the BO (with only the exception of HNY and CE). THAT was his point. πŸ₯±

And just btw, you DO NOT have the right to decide what the 'trashiest' films are and when others point out your fav's trash films, don't just defend by giving evidence of box office when that's what you were condemning in others' fav's (like Salman) in the first place. Hypocrite of the highest order you are. πŸ₯±Edited by KaanKeNiche. - 8 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Kaapi

So he doesn't have a good equation with MR and Shankar? I disagree about MR but Indian did put Shankar on the map though. πŸ˜› I don't even bother listening to his political and religious views. I know Anbe Sivam is a hugely appreciated movie but there's a reason why I couldn't warm up to the movie as such. It was difficult for me to just take it at its face value and not dig too deep into it. πŸ˜† Though it wasn't the first time that a movie had sided or glorified a particular ideology but coming from Kamal, I couldn't just ignore the bias.

Na he does but i think they are closer to Rajini..Either ways, i think ppl don take offense cos Kamal always speaks that way..Yeah, Indian did put Shankar on the map but he has had massive hits before that too..I mean Kadhalan was a film with as cliched a story as it can get with two newcomers yet it was a blockbuster..Shankar doesn't need Kamal/Rajini..If anything, he needs ARR πŸ˜† 

I liked Anbe Sivam man..Kamal's ideologies are messed up but its a great film..And it had such fabulous songs πŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
RGV should make another Satya, Rangeela,  whatever happened to him, the guy had talent once upon a time. 
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Piyatrix

RGV should make another Satya, Rangeela,  whatever happened to him, the guy had talent once upon a time. 

Yes, I miss RGV's movies too...he was one of the auteurs

One Aag should not negate his otherwise good filmography.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Na he does but i think they are closer to Rajini..Either ways, i think ppl don take offense cos Kamal always speaks that way..Yeah, Indian did put Shankar on the map but has had massive hits before that too..I mean Kadhalan was a film with as cliched a story as it can get with two newcomers yet it was a blockbuster..Shankar doesn't need Kamal/Rajini..If anything, he needs ARR πŸ˜† 

I liked Anbe Sivam man..Kamal's ideologies are messed up but its a great film..And it had such fabulous songs πŸ˜†

Oh..I love Kadhalan. One of those few films where I absolutely loved Nagma. πŸ˜† @bold : Would never disagree with that. πŸ˜›

Ikr..everybody I know freaking loves that film and I feel so bad for being cynical and not appreciating the film for what it is. I love Maddy's bits in that one though. πŸ˜†