Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Kaapi

Lol. And the point is? If your intention is to ridicule Rajnikant with this comparison, then I'm sorry but you are way off. Kamal Hassan being a better actor is known to one and all but that doesn't take away from the super star that Rajni has been. The one who created mass hysteria. The one who's superstardom is to be seen to be believed. And just so you know, he has his own share of performance oriented films. And some of his blockbusters are landmarks in Tamil cinema.

You know its kinda sad in a way because Rajini is so huge and has this certain image that its easy to dismiss his acting skills..When in reality he can be a good actor if he wants to..I mean Rajini in Thalapathy kicked ass..Not with his style or stardom but his acting skills..And Kamal can never dream of pulling off a Basha/ Padayappa the way Rajini did..That is something only he can do πŸ˜†  Doing commercial potboilers is not easy..You need basic acting skills, charisma, screen presence and so much more to pull it off which Rajini does  and that is the reason why he created mass hysteria..But its easy to dismiss all that cos Kamal is this brilliant actor who has done so many different films in his craeer πŸ˜†
pallavi25 thumbnail

Some other gems from RGV:

Ram Gopal Varma @RGVzoomin  

I call SRK as Megastar becos he neither has muscles of Salman nor workmanship of Aamir but yet he is taller than both by being just himself

Ram Gopal Varma @RGVzoomin  

Rajnikant is Rajnikant bcos he always himself and Kamal always trying to be someone else..I hope SRK will remain like himself like Salman

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

You know its kinda sad in a way because Rajini is so huge and has this certain image that its easy to dismiss his acting skills..When in reality he can be a good actor if he wants to..I mean Rajini in Thalapathy kicked ass..Not with his style or stardom but his acting skills..And Kamal can never dream of pulling off a Basha/ Padayappa the way Rajini did..That is something only he can doπŸ˜† Doing commercial potboilers is not easy..You need basic acting skills, charisma, screen presence and so much more to pull it off which Rajini does and that is the reason why he created mass hysteria..But its easy to dismiss all that cos Kamal is this brilliant actor who has done so many different films in his craeerπŸ˜†

Lol, I swear. It makes little sense to catogerize Rajini's movies and blockbusters as any other random money spinners. This man has basically redefined style had charisma on screen. It's been years and I have watched Baasha/Padayappa for countless no of times, yet the excitement when he utters those signature dialogues and does his signature walk is still the same. That's Rajini for you, his aura is unmatched. It's not at all easy to create that mass hysteria, not even for a brilliant actor. His contribution to Tamil cinema is massive.

And word on his acting skills. His earlier films showcased his acting skills pretty well. But later, his stardom did restrict him from exploring varied genres. But come on, of course he can act. The thing is his style and swagger has dominated everything else, coz people preferred to watch it over anything else. πŸ˜†
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rajni- Salman comaprison for starpower over contents of the film.. is somewhat justified. But Kamal- SRK πŸ˜² No way, Kamal shouldnt be insulted like that. Kamal- Aamir comparison is more apt. 
btw, RGV has always been mad. But he used to be really good film maker b4 and he stood for something he believed in. Now, he is just a failed comedian. 

rogerrocks thumbnail

Lol, I swear. It makes little sense to catogerize Rajini's movies and blockbusters as any other random money spinners. This man has basically redefined style had charisma on screen. It's been years and I have watched Baasha/Padayappa for countless no of times, yet the excitement when he utters those signature dialogues and does his signature walk is still the same. That's Rajini for you, his aura is unmatched. It's not at all easy to create that mass hysteria, not even for a brilliant actor. His contribution to Tamil cinema is massive.

And word on his acting skills. His earlier films showcased his acting skills pretty well. But later, his stardom did restrict him from exploring varied genres. But come on, of course he can act. The thing is his style and swagger has dominated everything else, coz people preferred to watch it over anything else. πŸ˜†

Which is why am excited for Kabali..He is doing something different after ages and Rajini in anti-hero roles is always a treat to watch πŸ˜†
TheekThaak thumbnail

Which is why am excited for Kabali..He is doing something different after ages and Rajini in anti-hero roles is always a treat to watchπŸ˜†

Yeah, we can alywas hope but the kind of ridiculous movies these both have been churning, off late(papanasam being an exception) ..it's difficult to get our hopes high. πŸ˜†

P.s. Why do I have a feeling that you like Rajni more than Kamal? I have observed that you are harsher on KH than you are on Rajni. Hmmm. I sense some bias. 😈
rogerrocks thumbnail

Yeah, we can alywas hope but the kind of ridiculous movies these both have been churning, off late(papanasam being an exception) ..it's difficult to get our hopes high. πŸ˜†

P.s. Why do I have a feeling that you like Rajni more than Kamal? I have observed that you are harsher on KH than you are on Rajni. Hmmm. I sense some bias. 😈

You are right πŸ€£  I like Rajini a lot more than Kamal..KH is a phenomenal actor but the dude really really annoys me off screen..So pretentious and stuck up..Not to mention, he is always so dismissive of Rajini and his films..While Rajini is so humble and appreciative of all the actors..That defo makes me biased πŸ˜†
TheekThaak thumbnail

You are right🀣 I like Rajini a lot more than Kamal..KH is a phenomenal actor but the dude really really annoys me off screen..So pretentious and stuck up..Not to mention, he is always so dismissive of Rajini and his films..While Rajini is so humble and appreciative of all the actors..That defo makes me biasedπŸ˜†

Omg! I knew it..how could I have not pointed it out earlier. 🀣

Oh dear..this gives me a major dejavu of two cricketers. (ONLY acc to you) πŸ˜†

Other than that..yeah..his interviews sometimes are so cringe worthy. In one of them he was speaking on commitment and I was so uncomfortable at the way he was speaking of his relationships. He was so dismissive that it was ridiculous. But to me, still doesn't matter though. As an actor, love him to bits. πŸ˜† More than Rajini.
rogerrocks thumbnail

Omg! I knew it..how could I have not pointed it out earlier. 🀣

Oh dear..this gives me a major dejavu of two cricketers. (ONLY acc to you) πŸ˜†

Other than that..yeah..his interviews sometimes are so cringe worthy. In one of them he was speaking on commitment and I was so uncomfortable at the way he was speaking of his relationships. He was so dismissive that it was ridiculous. But to me, still doesn't matter though. As an actor, love him to bits. πŸ˜† More than Rajini.

And the way he talks about atheism..I mean its okay if you don believe in God but stop mocking ppl's believes..He really does have a very high opinion about himself πŸ˜† The other day, in some IV he was like, Mani Ratnam, Shankar etc. became big only after they collaborated with him..Are you kidding me? πŸ˜•  I mean Nayagan was an outstanding film and Kamal killed it with his performance but you are really stuck up if you think Mani Ratnam wasn't a big deal before that πŸ˜†