Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

A poll about FAN (For those who have seen the movie) (Page 3)

Poll Question: Did you like Gaurav as a character?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.57%]
21 [75.00%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
@Kif

Aahh thanks! I did think it was you but just wanted to check Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautyful_Mess-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dingle_hopper

@Kif

Aahh thanks! I did think it was you but just wanted to check Big smile
Yeah, i don't why didn't put it that simply, wasn't sure you knew my name.Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.FilmiDhun.

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Its rather complicated, its not a simple issue of who was right and who was wrong. Both men were driven by their ego, it was a clash of egos! The fan thought the star owed him for his stardom, the star thought the fan had no right to interfere in his personal battles.

Whatever Gaurav did to punish AK was wrong, criminal and illegal but he had spent his entire childhood and youth worshipping and defending the star, mimicking and living with the single dream of meeting his idol. It was his fanatical fan's heart that got a major blow by Aryan punishing him for his misdeed so he punished AK back for betraying his love and faith.

The worst action of Gaurav was molesting that young woman at the wedding, by attacking the modesty of a girl and implicating Aryan for that terrible crime, that was really hitting under the belt!

So even if you sympathize with Gaurav in the 1st half but in the 2nd half, he went too far in his fanatical revenge, invading Aryan's home, impersonating him in front of his wife, terrorizing her with his maniacal hatred, ransacking Aryan's study.

Gaurav had psychological issues, so even if you understand where hes coming from, you cannot really sympathize with him after whatever he did. Aryan is a more understandable character, hes trying to save his image, his stardom, his reputation.
 He could have gotten Gaurav arrested for invading his home, but he chose to go to Gaurav's home turf, teach him a lesson by exposing him in front of his family, his friends, his community, even at the end he was trying to pull Gaurav from the edge of self destruction by advising him to live his own life and forget  whatever happened...but Gaurav was too far gone and chose to end his life because his life had no meaning without his obsession. 

Edited by pallavi25 - 23 April 2016 at 1:46pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.FilmiDhun.-DZ-

-DZ- IF-Achieverz
-DZ-
-DZ-

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
loving the discussions here

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautyful_Mess

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dingle_hopper

Originally posted by Beautyful_Mess

Well,I liked him till he went all psycho on Aryan he was sick but he was normal till something triggered it.
Anyways i did feel for him cuz you cld see that he had issues, his actions were not justifiable but he was sick otherwise he wld've just went back and forget about the whole thing like a normal person wld but he wasn't normal nor he was a bad person.
And probably that's why people are sympathetic towards him.
He was not a bad person he was sick and needed help, when he 1st starting getting obsessed with Aryan that wasn't normal... those were sings for his parent to catch, am sure there were red flags all over but i don't blame them either cuz there's really not much they knew about mental illness, the times were such unless someone is totally crazy there's was no way to know, there was nothing between walking naked talking to yourself and being normal.
he shld have been treated early on as a child but he didn't get the help he obviously needed cuz he seemed normal till something happened.

I dont think the parents can be blamed. I actually felt really bad for them when the mother gives the moving speech at the end of the movie when Aryan comes to visit their house.

I think Gaurav's parents saw it as harmless obsession. Afterall Gaurav was young and many people can obsessively fanboy/girl about their favorite celebs at that age.

I felt sorry for the parents too. He was their only child and they kind of pampered and humored him. They thought their son's obsession was OTT but harmless.
 So many of us have obsessed abt our favorite celebs at some point in life, cut out pics of our favorite stars, athletes, musicians and pasted them on our walls! So the parents thought it was just a regular hero worship!
The parents actually took pride in their son winning the Sitara contest every year and even helped him with the stage props during his performances.
 I found that very cute and funny, reminded of us parents who take such pride when our kids perform on stage at community events. LOL 
Many parents do help their kids achieve their dreams, even if it is to meet his idol on his birthday. The dad even took off from work to look after Gaurav's shop while he was away in Mumbai.

And Gaurav wasnt exactly a wastrel, a fan who just sits at home and fixates on his star, he owned a cyber cafe, he did earn his livelihood, so his parents humored him in his obsession and even helped and encouraged him. 
The parents had no idea Gaurav's obsession was fanatical in nature and he would go so far to validate his obsession. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.FilmiDhun.Beautyful_Mess-DZ-

ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Yes but i dont approve of his actions...the ending could have been better
-Priya- IF-Addictz
-Priya-
-Priya-

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
what gaurav did was definitely not acceptable 
but aryan could have handled matter better nobody would like their fav actor/person in the world to put them in jail. perhaps aryan could have handled the matter better in the first place gaurav was psychotic but aryan could have been more reasonable i think 

Go to top