Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

A poll about FAN (For those who have seen the movie) (Page 2)

Poll Question: Did you like Gaurav as a character?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.57%]
21 [75.00%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

dingle_hopper IF-Dazzler
dingle_hopper
dingle_hopper

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beautyful_Mess

Well,I liked him till he went all psycho on Aryan he was sick but he was normal till something triggered it.
Anyways i did feel for him cuz you cld see that he had issues, his actions were not justifiable but he was sick otherwise he wld've just went back and forget about the whole thing like a normal person wld but he wasn't normal nor he was a bad person.
And probably that's why people are sympathetic towards him.
He was not a bad person he was sick and needed help, when he 1st starting getting obsessed with Aryan that wasn't normal... those were sings for his parent to catch, am sure there were red flags all over but i don't blame them either cuz there's really not much they knew about mental illness, the times were such unless someone is totally crazy there's was no way to know, there was nothing between walking naked talking to yourself and being normal.
he shld have been treated early on as a child but he didn't get the help he obviously needed cuz he seemed normal till something happened.

I dont think the parents can be blamed. I actually felt really bad for them when the mother gives the moving speech at the end of the movie when Aryan comes to visit their house.

I think Gaurav's parents saw it as harmless obsession. Afterall Gaurav was young and many people can obsessively fanboy/girl about their favorite celebs at that age.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Oh, i agree what Aryan did was big blow looking from Gaurav's perspective, it wasn't very nice.
He cld've tried talking to him and explain what he did was wrong, he obvious didn't think beating Sid up for Aryan was a bad thing.. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dingle_hopper

Well,I liked him till he went all psycho on Aryan he was sick but he was normal till something triggered it.
Anyways i did feel for him cuz you cld see that he had issues, his actions were not justifiable but he was sick otherwise he wld've just went back and forget about the whole thing like a normal person wld but he wasn't normal nor he was a bad person.
And probably that's why people are sympathetic towards him.
He was not a bad person he was sick and needed help, when he 1st starting getting obsessed with Aryan that wasn't normal... those were sings for his parent to catch, am sure there were red flags all over but i don't blame them either cuz there's really not much they knew about mental illness, the times were such unless someone is totally crazy there's was no way to know, there was nothing between walking naked talking to yourself and being normal.
he shld have been treated early on as a child but he didn't get the help he obviously needed cuz he seemed normal till something happened.

I dont think the parents can be blamed. I actually felt really bad for them when the mother gives the moving speech at the end of the movie when Aryan comes to visit their house.

I think Gaurav's parents saw it as harmless obsession. Afterall Gaurav was young and many people can obsessively fanboy/girl about their favorite celebs at that age.

Am not blaming them at all.
Am saying Gaurav's obsession was not normal and it started early age, if i see my kid getting that obsessed with anything i wld be super super worried and take him/her to talk to someone.
That's not a normal behavior and very different from fangirl/boy.
Gaurav's state of mind wasn't that of a healthy person and i don't blame his parents, i blame the lack of awareness and knowledge.

Edited by Beautyful_Mess - 23 April 2016 at 1:01pm

dingle_hopper-DZ-

dingle_hopper IF-Dazzler
dingle_hopper
dingle_hopper

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

Oh, i agree what Aryan did was big blow looking from Gaurav's perspective, it wasn't very nice.
He cld've tried talking to him and explain what he did was wrong, he obvious didn't think beating Sid up for Aryan was a bad thing.. LOL

@bold THIS.

Even after beating Gaurav up by the police, if Aryan had kind of given Gaurav a good counselling session in the jail it might have worked wonders.Ouch

That entire scene in the jail made Gaurav look stubborn as selfish while Aryan was like mehhh...I will beat you up and leave my busy schedule to meet you but not fully explain what you did was wrong..Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25Beautyful_Mess-DZ-

dingle_hopper IF-Dazzler
dingle_hopper
dingle_hopper

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

Am saying Gaurav's obsession was not normal and it started early age, if i see my kid getting that obsessed with anything i wld be super super worried and take him/her to talk to someone.
Gaurav's state wasn't that of a healthy person and i don't blame his parents, i blame the lack of awareness and knowledge.

@bold yeah I guess that was the problem

As shown in the movie, Gaurav belonged to a very ordinary family.
In middle-class/lower middle-class families due to lack of knowledge a lot of serious issues can be taken lightly or ignored...

PS- Btw what was your old name? Smile

pallavi25Beautyful_Mess-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:07pm | IP Logged

@bold THIS.

Even after beating Gaurav up by the police, if Aryan had kind of given Gaurav a good counselling session in the jail it might have worked wonders.Ouch

That entire scene in the jail made Gaurav look stubborn as selfish while Aryan was like mehhh...I will beat you up and leave my busy schedule to meet you but not fully explain what you did was wrong..Confused

Agreed.
He worshiped him had he just try to explain to him and make him maybe see someone to talk to (i don't think he was kind enough to do that session) am sure Gaurav wld've went home to his parent happy, but then we wld have no movie.LOL
I complained about Aryan's behavior there in review probably the 1st thing i wrote cuz it really bothered me a lot that he hand him over to police were he was beaten.Ouch

dingle_hopperpallavi25-DZ-

FleurBleue IF-Sizzlerz
FleurBleue
FleurBleue

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
You ought to like him in the first half. A simple Delhi boy, who runs a cyber shop and has a crush on a girl and absolutely adores a superstar actor since his childhood. He finds happiness in small things, takes selfies everywhere! Who would not adore him!
You see the first sign of mental sickness in him when he tries to jump off the train! And from right there the twisted Gaurav is unleashed.
I did not hate him per se but I did feel sorry for him. The last selfies in particular, left me harrowing.

Edited by PurpleAir - 23 April 2016 at 1:12pm

dingle_hopperpallavi25-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 1:14pm | IP Logged

Gaurav's state wasn't that of a healthy person and i don't blame his parents, i blame the lack of awareness and knowledge.

@bold yeah I guess that was the problem

As shown in the movie, Gaurav belonged to a very ordinary family.
In middle-class/lower middle-class families due to lack of knowledge a lot of serious issues can be taken lightly or ignored...

PS- Btw what was your old name? Smile
That's what i was trying to say (not so good with words LOL
Even rich families people wait till something very obvious and sometimes yes it's hard to tell but there are times that people see red flags and don't react at all either it's lack of knowledge or they ignore it out of selfishness, given people look down on these issues.

Prev one was BeingCumberb**chLOLLOL and KifPaulholic before that.

dingle_hopper-DZ-

Go to top