Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: dingle_hopper

I dont think the parents can be blamed. I actually felt really bad for them when the mother gives the moving speech at the end of the movie when Aryan comes to visit their house.

I think Gaurav's parents saw it as harmless obsession. Afterall Gaurav was young and many people can obsessively fanboy/girl about their favorite celebs at that age.

Am not blaming them at all.
Am saying Gaurav's obsession was not normal and it started early age, if i see my kid getting that obsessed with anything i wld be super super worried and take him/her to talk to someone.
That's not a normal behavior and very different from fangirl/boy.
Gaurav's state of mind wasn't that of a healthy person and i don't blame his parents, i blame the lack of awareness and knowledge.
Edited by Beautyful_Mess - 8 years ago
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Oh, i agree what Aryan did was big blow looking from Gaurav's perspective, it wasn't very nice.

He cld've tried talking to him and explain what he did was wrong, he obvious didn't think beating Sid up for Aryan was a bad thing.. πŸ˜†

@bold THIS.

Even after beating Gaurav up by the police, if Aryan had kind of given Gaurav a good counselling session in the jail it might have worked wonders.

That entire scene in the jail made Gaurav look stubborn as selfish while Aryan was like mehhh...I will beat you up and leave my busy schedule to meet you but not fully explain what you did was wrong..πŸ˜•

FilmiDhun thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Am not blaming them at all.

Am saying Gaurav's obsession was not normal and it started early age, if i see my kid getting that obsessed with anything i wld be super super worried and take him/her to talk to someone.
That's not a normal behavior and very different from fangirl/boy.
Gaurav's state wasn't that of a healthy person and i don't blame his parents, i blame the lack of awareness and knowledge.

@bold yeah I guess that was the problem

As shown in the movie, Gaurav belonged to a very ordinary family.
In middle-class/lower middle-class families due to lack of knowledge a lot of serious issues can be taken lightly or ignored...

PS- Btw what was your old name? 😊
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail

@bold THIS.

Even after beating Gaurav up by the police, if Aryan had kind of given Gaurav a good counselling session in the jail it might have worked wonders.

That entire scene in the jail made Gaurav look stubborn as selfish while Aryan was like mehhh...I will beat you up and leave my busy schedule to meet you but not fully explain what you did was wrong..πŸ˜•

Agreed.
He worshiped him had he just try to explain to him and make him maybe see someone to talk to (i don't think he was kind enough to do that session) am sure Gaurav wld've went home to his parent happy, but then we wld have no movie.πŸ˜†
I complained about Aryan's behavior there in review probably the 1st thing i wrote cuz it really bothered me a lot that he hand him over to police were he was beaten.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
You ought to like him in the first half. A simple Delhi boy, who runs a cyber shop and has a crush on a girl and absolutely adores a superstar actor since his childhood. He finds happiness in small things, takes selfies everywhere! Who would not adore him!
You see the first sign of mental sickness in him when he tries to jump off the train! And from right there the twisted Gaurav is unleashed.
I did not hate him per se but I did feel sorry for him. The last selfies in particular, left me harrowing.Edited by PurpleAir - 8 years ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail

@bold yeah I guess that was the problem

As shown in the movie, Gaurav belonged to a very ordinary family.
In middle-class/lower middle-class families due to lack of knowledge a lot of serious issues can be taken lightly or ignored...

PS- Btw what was your old name? 😊

That's what i was trying to say (not so good with words πŸ˜†) 
Even rich families people wait till something very obvious and sometimes yes it's hard to tell but there are times that people see red flags and don't react at all either it's lack of knowledge or they ignore it out of selfishness, given people look down on these issues.

Prev one was BeingCumberb**chπŸ˜†πŸ˜† and KifPaulholic before that.
FilmiDhun thumbnail
@Kif

Aahh thanks! I did think it was you but just wanted to check πŸ˜ƒ
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail

@Kif

Aahh thanks! I did think it was you but just wanted to check πŸ˜ƒ

Yeah, i don't why didn't put it that simply, wasn't sure you knew my name.😳
What if Gaurav had a brain tumor πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
pallavi25 thumbnail
Its rather complicated, its not a simple issue of who was right and who was wrong. Both men were driven by their ego, it was a clash of egos! The fan thought the star owed him for his stardom, the star thought the fan had no right to interfere in his personal battles.

Whatever Gaurav did to punish AK was wrong, criminal and illegal but he had spent his entire childhood and youth worshipping and defending the star, mimicking and living with the single dream of meeting his idol. It was his fanatical fan's heart that got a major blow by Aryan punishing him for his misdeed so he punished AK back for betraying his love and faith.

The worst action of Gaurav was molesting that young woman at the wedding, by attacking the modesty of a girl and implicating Aryan for that terrible crime, that was really hitting under the belt!

So even if you sympathize with Gaurav in the 1st half but in the 2nd half, he went too far in his fanatical revenge, invading Aryan's home, impersonating him in front of his wife, terrorizing her with his maniacal hatred, ransacking Aryan's study.

Gaurav had psychological issues, so even if you understand where hes coming from, you cannot really sympathize with him after whatever he did. Aryan is a more understandable character, hes trying to save his image, his stardom, his reputation.
 He could have gotten Gaurav arrested for invading his home, but he chose to go to Gaurav's home turf, teach him a lesson by exposing him in front of his family, his friends, his community, even at the end he was trying to pull Gaurav from the edge of self destruction by advising him to live his own life and forget  whatever happened...but Gaurav was too far gone and chose to end his life because his life had no meaning without his obsession. 

Edited by pallavi25 - 8 years ago