Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

A poll about FAN (For those who have seen the movie)

Poll Question: Did you like Gaurav as a character?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.57%]
21 [75.00%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
2 [7.14%]
1 [3.57%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
So yesterday I saw FAN.

Alot has already been written about the movie so I wouldnt write much about it.

But I am opening this poll to see what people thought of Gaurav's character and his actions in the film.

I personally HATED Gaurav. Ouch I thought his actions were completely unjustified. He probably had psychological issues but noone does such horrible things, that too to ones beloved superstar.Confused

And no I dont think Aryan owed Gaurav any sorry.

That is my opinion.

But what do you all think?

Please vote and comment.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bigulG..OATpallavi25

.sajitha. Goldie
.sajitha.
.sajitha.

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Problem is Gaurav's reason for revenge wasnt established as strong. Aryan imo didnt deserve the hatred. But for people like Gaurav whose life revolving around the superstar alone, throwing him in jail by cheating him(he did call Gaurav saying that he wants to meet him), what Aryan did was a big blow. Aryan lost his cool and said some unpleasant things that triggered Gaurav to go berserk completely. Gaurav considered Aryan almost God like, so he was terribly devastated by Aryan's actions. Ofcourse for us audience Aryan actions were mild which didnt deserve hatred. So Gaurav's character was made to look idiotic at some point of time.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.FilmiDhun.pallavi25

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Nothing justifies Gaurav's obsession or his actions..Cos if we were to look from Aryan's perspective, he was never really wrong in most occasions..Infact, am pretty sure most superstars in reality wouldn't have half the patience Aryan had with regard to Gaurav and his effed up obsession LOL He was pretty patient with him throughout..Even to the extent of being ready to forgive him despite all the shit he pulled..That is cinematic liberty right there LOL  But having said that, like i mentioned earlier, gotta credit Maneesh for making you feel sorry for Gaurav even if its short lived..I mean those scenes where he first reaches Mumbai to meet Aryan and clicks selfies with the security, in front of the hotel room etc. or the one where he cuts the cake in the midnight to celebrate his birthday- you know its effed up yet you cant help but find it endearing in a weird way..Am not sure if its the writing or SRK there but thats a job well done LOL  That said, if i had to choose between the two, it has to be Aryan..Even as a performance, i'd rate SRK as Aryan above SRK as Gaurav..

Edited by rogerrocks - 23 April 2016 at 12:23pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

.FilmiDhun.StarktasticBeautyful_MessNestleToulouse-DZ-

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .sajitha.

Problem is Gaurav's reason for revenge wasnt established as strong. Aryan imo didnt deserve the hatred. But for people like Gaurav whose life revolving around the superstar alone, throwing him in jail by cheating him(he did call Gaurav saying that he wants to meet him), what Aryan did was a big blow. Aryan lost his cool and said some unpleasant things that triggered Gaurav to go berserk completely. Gaurav considered Aryan almost God like, so he was terribly devastated by Aryan's actions. Ofcourse for us audience Aryan actions were mild which didnt deserve hatred. So Gaurav's character was made to look idiotic at some point of time.

True. Aryan's actions seem mild to us but must have been devastating for Gaurav as Aryan was his world.

But I wish Gaurav's character or his psychotic tendencies had a bit more resolution.

Edited by dingle_hopper - 23 April 2016 at 12:37pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.sajitha.

angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
I don't approve of Gaurav's actions apart from some scenes  where i felt sorry for him but he didn't deserve a Sorry from Aryan .
Shahrukh played Gaurav to perfection but shahrukh's performance as Aryan was more challenging in my views and he nailed it too .

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.FilmiDhun.pallavi25-DZ-

.FilmiDhun. IF-Dazzler
.FilmiDhun.
.FilmiDhun.

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Nothing justifies Gaurav's obsession or his actions..Cos if we were to look from Aryan's perspective, he was never really wrong in most occasions..Infact, am pretty sure most superstars in reality wouldn't have half the patience Aryan had with regard to Gaurav and his effed up obsession LOL He was pretty patient with him throughout..Even to the extent of being ready to forgive him despite all the shit he pulled..That is cinematic liberty right there LOL  But having said that, like i mentioned earlier, gotta credit Maneesh for making you feel sorry for Gaurav even if its short lived..I mean those scenes where he first reaches Mumbai to meet Aryan and clicks selfies with the security, in front of the hotel room etc. or the one where he cuts the cake in the midnight to celebrate his birthday- you know its effed up yet you cant help but find it endearing in a weird way..Am not sure if its the writing or SRK there but thats a job well done LOL  That said, if i had to choose between the two, it has to be Aryan..Even as a performance, i'd rate SRK as Aryan above SRK as Gaurav..

@bold, This is so true. All superstars are egoistic, entitled b*tches, even their fans know that LOL... No superstar would deal with fans like Gaurav so mildly.

And true, I did kind of feel sorry for Gaurav. I wish he got referred to some therapist.Ouch

@last sentence... Oh Shahrukh has always nailed those mature understated roles where he can put his voice and intense stare to use. Blushing While watching those scenes in his house, I had the unrealistic urge of kicking Walushka out and putting myself in her place LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovecrepesrogerrockspallavi25-DZ-

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
^^ SRK was kickass as Aryan..I know his performance as Gaurav is appreciated a lot more but thats easier IMO..We often tend to ignore the simpler characters and end up hailing a performance when an actor pulls off a complex/ different role..When in reality, playing a simple/normal character is just as tough..And SRK was so good as Aryan..So subtle and understated..He even made his arrogance look endearing LOL

.FilmiDhun.ilovecrepespallavi25-DZ-

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 23 April 2016 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Well,I liked him till he went all psycho on Aryan he was sick but he was normal till something triggered it.
Anyways i did feel for him cuz you cld see that he had issues, his actions were not justifiable but he was sick otherwise he wld've just went back and forget about the whole thing like a normal person wld but he wasn't normal nor he was a bad person.
And probably that's why people are sympathetic towards him.
He was not a bad person he was sick and needed help, when he 1st starting getting obsessed with Aryan that wasn't normal... those were sings for his parent to catch, am sure there were red flags all over but i don't blame them either cuz there's really not much they knew about mental illness, the times were such unless someone is totally crazy there's was no way to know, there was nothing between walking naked talking to yourself and being normal.
he shld have been treated early on as a child but he didn't get the help he obviously needed cuz he seemed normal till something happened.

.FilmiDhun.pallavi25NestleToulouse-DZ-

Go to top