Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
They're both great in their own ways. Kajol was never as dedicated towards her work as PC though. PC has always tried to prove herself with everything she has done. She also has done way more movies. Her career graph is commendable to say the least. With that said, I feel Kajol is more natural and effortless as a performer. I can't see PC doing many of Kajols roles (even if they weren't as challenging as some of her own)..and vice versa.  
As far as who I voted for..Kajol. I connect with her performances as an audience...and that goes back to her being effortless with her craft. 
Kajol can only do loud roles. Yea she is a decent actor but she never went out of her comfort zone. There is zero variety in her filmography. While PC started out as an average actress, she with her hard work dedication and good script sense became a better actress. 
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7
comparisons should be done with same era of actress and not different era actress...they both are good in their respective space of work...

Kajol is an actress in the 90s where leading ladies has no much scope to do those days thus she picks films like Baazigar...Dushman...Gupt..DDLJ...KKHH...Ishq and many more those days...if you see her careergraph...her roles are not flowerpots in the 90s...she has a strong role in the film...the problem with her is she didn't push the bar in her work wise becos she gave importance to her married life and kids...she is not ambitious or wants to prove the world something...she works for her own happiness and she chooses role which she is comfortable in...and she gives her 100%...

those days in 90s...YRF rules...Dharma rules and her pairing with SRK is legend...they are BW romantic couple of all times

when PC enter BW...women centric roles began to enter BW...slowly scripts are written for womens and performance oriented films begins to make a success...more options were open whether one wants to be a commercial cinema actress or performance oriented actress or both together a balance in commercial and performance oriented cinema...even complex character begin to rule...there was more options to choose in form of roles...and those roles are definitely not flowerpots...PC loves to challenge herself...push her bar in work wise...challenge comes with complex roles...after doing flowerpots role...she began to challenge herself and push her bar...she chose all the complex characters...she challenge herself even more that she qualiies for both commercial success and complex characters...there was more options for her to choose and prove herself...BW too going through a change of giving female leading ladies a good script...unlike in the 90s in where leading ladies had to dance more than acting...only YRF gives leading ladies the due...In YRF...leading ladies are the heroes and leading mens are brought to romance them...another one is SB...leading ladies are given a strong role thus we got suman...nisha...preeti...poonam

those days in 90s BW didn't have madhur bhandakar...imitiaz ali..anand L rai...the kahaani director to name some who gives leading ladies equal importance...

In the 90s too...romance was given more importance than complex characters...only Mahesh Bhatt those days in the 90s give leading ladies a powerful role thus we got Dushman...Sangharsh...from his kitty...

sometimes comparisons should be done with era the actress belongs too...kajol and PC had a complete different era and both are good at their work...

kajol can't do a fashion...barfi..BM...aitraaz
PC can't do a DDLJ...KKHH...K3G...
Edited by Mages - 8 years ago
awkardpyscho thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mages

Kajol is an actress in the 90s where leading ladies has no much scope to do those days thus she picks films like Baazigar...Dushman...Gupt..DDLJ...KKHH...Ishq

Kajol gave phenomenal performance in both of the movies, her best as an actor tbh. She had bigger roles in these movies than the leading heros. Also Kajol can easily pull Aitraz, just watch Gupt you will know why I say this. She is my fav but she wasted herself when she had a lot of potential. 
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Kajol is so overrated! Priyanka all the way!
Pr1yanka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Priyanka mistakes swag for acting...
Blasphemy IMHO  to compare Kajol's superlative acting wth Priyanka ðŸ˜†

Obviously Kajol is wayyy better...hands n foot n fingers n toes down ðŸ˜†
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I love Kajol but Priyanka gets my vote. Jhilmil >>>> Anjali's
Kajol cause I can connect with her acting better. But she's lazy. You should make another poll for Rani vs Kajol cause they can be compared more easily. 😛 It's obvious who's better between those two though.
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
LOL @ your last option on the poll.

Kajol and Priyanka are both fabulous actors. Both began low key and received a lot of negative criticism for their performances, but those negative vibes pushed them to work harder.

While I appreciate Kajol in this line (owing to my everlasting love for her pairing with SRK), I have voted for Priyanka in this poll. Reason being, Priyanka has flourished over time, it's like she transformed from Sita to Geeta. When I go back to her cringeworthy performances in Aitraaz or Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, I just sit and laugh in amusement. From these flop movies (by flop I mean in terms of PC's acting alone) to Quantico, Mary Kom and Dil Dhadakne Do. Priyanka is versatile.
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: awkardpyscho

Kajol gave phenomenal performance in both of the movies, her best as an actor tbh. She had bigger roles in these movies than the leading heros. Also Kajol can easily pull Aitraz, just watch Gupt you will know why I say this. She is my fav but she wasted herself when she had a lot of potential. 

kajol can pull aitraaz but she doesn't have sexy quotient that sonia needs which PC ace...the main attraction of sonia was her sexiness...furthermore sexy hot chemistry of akki-pc...i don't think kajol can do I Want To Make Love To You and Yeh Dil Tumpe songs...Gupt had the simple girl kajol in her though she plays a negative character...but aitraaz is something different...sonia is definitely not her cup of tea as that character is stylish and sexy..i can't imagine anyone playing sonia except for PC...its tailor made for her...than there was Yakeen too but that role definitely kajol can nail it with her own charm and style...Gupt and Dushman were own by solely Kajol and her performance...