Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Need Indian advices - relationship/sexuality (Page 3)

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by QuietlyLoud

Most Indians are not broadminded enough to accept a gay couple into their midst.You could probably find a few liberal ones here and there, but that's about it.So forget the idea of public acceptance.

Now the family, after some initial outbursts, may eventually make amendments for the sake of your friend's happiness.May be they would value his happiness more than their sense of being right.
Also, them being Christians is in your favor.Christians seem to be somewhat more tolerant of the customs accepted and practised in the West, as a result of religious influence.

There is nothing broad-minded about being unconventional.. we as largely hindus are more bold than that.. think of it - we worship a god who is a philanderer and polygamist..(Krishna). we have some gods who get drunk and watch Apsaras dance (indra).. we have deceitful Gods who actually cheat Karna and make him vulnerable (Indra)..we have ardhanarishwaras where shiva beomes hermaphrodite!!! . we are more accepting society (mostly hindus)  than any other in the world...we just dont find any basis for acceptance of gays.. the day it is found real with good reason other than western world just saying so... we would have matrimonials for them too.. trust me we are largely accepting society.. if it makes some sense.

maha2us IF-Dazzler
maha2us
maha2us

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Qwerty, You say, 'Knowing cant come from experience.. only speculations can...knowing requires learning and thinking.. not just experiencing...and here you are talking about somebody else's experiences I guess... (assuming you are not a guy)'.

Definitely I am not a gay. That doesn't mean I have to talk based on the experience of someone else. Here the experience I am talking is the experience to be in a committed relationship. The relationship rules are the same whether the relationship is between a guy and a girl or between two men or between two women. Gays and lesbians are also human beings and every human being has divine essence within and is full of love and is capable of giving love as well as taking love. Every human being in a committed relationship has the chance to become a more caring, compassionate, gentle, tender and understanding person and bring out love. And he/she becomes more with his/her partner, present and available to his/her partner. These are the points I have known about relationships based on my personal experiences. All I understand is these rules of the relationships are the same for two male relationship also. Definitely as you say one learns and thinks based on his/her experience and develops more and more understanding.

Edited by maha2us - 28 April 2016 at 9:17pm
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 28 April 2016 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maha2us

Qwerty, You say, 'Knowing cant come from experience.. only speculations can...knowing requires learning and thinking.. not just experiencing...and here you are talking about somebody else's experiences I guess... (assuming you are not a guy)'.

Definitely I am not a gay. That doesn't mean I have to talk based on the experience of someone else. Here the experience I am talking is the experience to be in a committed relationship. The relationship rules are the same whether the relationship is between a guy and a girl or between two men or between two women. Gays and lesbians are also human beings and every human being has divine essence within and is full of love and is capable of giving love as well as taking love. Every human being in a committed relationship has the chance to become a more caring, compassionate, gentle, tender and understanding person and bring out love. And he/she becomes more with his/her partner, present and available to his/her partner. These are the points I have known about relationships based on my personal experiences. All I understand is these rules of the relationships are the same for two male relationship also. Definitely as you say one learns and thinks based on his/her experience and develops more and more understanding.

Being human beings doesn't validate the propriety of any kind of relationship...- that's one thing...there is s reason guys have a dongle and women have a corresponding usb port for a reason.that also produces results.. which in part proves a reason for their existence...(i mean existence of that dongle and the port) .on a computer can you insert the dongle in the vga or power ports no!! With due apologies to Lodi.. i have to say Gay acts (not lesbian) have no option but to be unhygenic (btw i am romantic veri romantic still i consider french kissing utterly disgusting and unhygenic... french should have known better than that!!!) .(there is no option unless the relationship is platonic - like jay and veeru) .if they find it pleasurable.. thats perversion... if they find it reasonable thats some psychological shortcoming...and on top of that someone calling it romance.. come on give me a break!!! and you saying you have this knowledge from experience... is this ever going to stop.. are are we closing on an apocalype!!! - see i said it.. i abandoned political correctness - now i can run for the president of the US..of A Smile

Edited by qwertyesque - 28 April 2016 at 9:38pm
Lodi Newbie
Lodi
Lodi

Posted: 29 April 2016 at 12:39am | IP Logged
We are overpopulated as it is. Instead of producing even more children in an unequal world, it would be better to, say, adopt a poor indian orphan and give him a better life.  
And there's nothing uhygienic about gay sex, lol. Maybe it's a lack of education on the subject, but homosexuality has always been a natural phenomenon throughout the animal kingdom, and therefore also humans can be homosexual. Homophobia however, is not found anywhere in the animal kingdom except for in humanity. Therefore it is unnatural behavior.

At any rate, me and my boyfriend are not a very sexual couple. It's the romance and love that's central.  As far as I know, Buddhism and Hinduism value love greatly. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_saumya_

Lodi Newbie
Lodi
Lodi

Posted: 29 April 2016 at 2:27am | IP Logged
anyway. I think have I've gotten a good view of how people see homosexuality here by now. I guess I'm privilaged, being raised in a country where we look at facts and science first, not religion. 

I want to thank all replies, also the negative ones like from qwerty. My boyfriend said that many Indians lack proper knowledge being of their lack of exposure and education on the subject. I didn't not believe him, because I thought romantic values would be understood universally and people would be able to think with their brain rather than blindly listen to what religion and society tells them.
I'm afraid he was right and I was wrong.

I still love India. I'll just take the nice things from there, and leave the bad things as they are. :) Have a good time on the forum people. Bye :)
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lodi

We are overpopulated as it is. Instead of producing even more children in an unequal world, it would be better to, say, adopt a poor indian orphan and give him a better life.  
And there's nothing uhygienic about gay sex, lol. Maybe it's a lack of education on the subject, but homosexuality has always been a natural phenomenon throughout the animal kingdom, and therefore also humans can be homosexual. Homophobia however, is not found anywhere in the animal kingdom except for in humanity. Therefore it is unnatural behavior.

At any rate, me and my boyfriend are not a very sexual couple. It's the romance and love that's central.  As far as I know, Buddhism and Hinduism value love greatly. 

@Bold. As a matter of fact there is and that is medically and philosophically true as well but I wouldn't want to get the gory details on this forum just to prove my point. Also, one thing I dont like is when gays try to bring out the other unrelated maladies of a society to justify their rights.. for eg.. you said about, and totally out of context - adopt a poor indian orphan...etc.. sure but whats that got to do with this thread!!!

People unwilling to accept homosexuality without a scientific reasons to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that its not a perversion don't have to be called homophobic!!! I don't deny the "possibility" of gays based on genetic and hormonal imbalance... but doubt it's prevalence to this extent... Look i feel for my brother.. i kiss him, hug him and care for him.. i am emotionally bonded with him.to a veri great extent. - now that doesn't make me gay! but to your point i could call my self gay.. ... based on this compulsive bonding!!

I am veri accepting of nudism and don't detest them.or call them perverted. - they settle in their nudist colonies and dont go around nude in mainstream society... - we were born nude.. so there is nothing wrong in that!!!  religion hasn't to be factored in every time this topic comes up.. All living beings should love each other and nature itself.. that doesn't by itself justify homosexuality! btw nobody hates gays...I have several gay friends but i befriended them based on their personalities not on their orientation.. i didn't hate them for dating guys.. but never got into  a debate.. on that.. which is why they are still friends... 
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 30 April 2016 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lodi

anyway. I think have I've gotten a good view of how people see homosexuality here by now. I guess I'm privilaged, being raised in a country where we look at facts and science first, not religion. 

I want to thank all replies, also the negative ones like from qwerty. My boyfriend said that many Indians lack proper knowledge being of their lack of exposure and education on the subject. I didn't not believe him, because I thought romantic values would be understood universally and people would be able to think with their brain rather than blindly listen to what religion and society tells them.
I'm afraid he was right and I was wrong.

I still love India. I'll just take the nice things from there, and leave the bad things as they are. :)
Have a good time on the forum people. Bye :)

Now here is the funny thing.. Almost every person who replied to you, replied positively and in an encouraging tone but for me(i need a good scientific basis...). yet you generalized based on my reply.you somehow feel the need to be rejected which in a way helps your justify your orientation!!! It's almost like, if montagues and capulets got along pretty well would Romeo and juliet even exist? SmileLOL

Go to top