HeartBreaker [KaYu OS]

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Believe me, even I dont know why I am up at this time. Since I am not getting any sleep, and my mild hypoglycaemia is perceptually killing me (I ate so I'm mostly cured), I randomly wrote this up. Please do not throw crushed paper balls, rotten tomatoes and chappals on me for doing this. I will reply to my other story posts some other time when my mood is more sunshine and less acid rain (Yepp. That was pretty much my Earth Day pun).
Dont worry, wont be bothering you guys now, this is the last story for this week. I have a heck lot to study this weekend. As always, my awesome Samsung Galaxy 5 is the medium I used to write on (free publicity, now they have an incentive to make me brand ambassador :P) so ignore editing errors. Dont forget to like, comment and criticize my work, I am open to creative discussion on my piece. 

-Tannu (:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He doesn't get half way through her name before she turns on him, her eyes wide and a little wild.

"You're in love with me?"

She sounds angry, and he can already feel himself shaking his head, because that's not how this is supposed to go. Right? Love isn't supposed to be like this. This hard and painful and complicated. He's not supposed to fall in love with one of his best friends. His fiance's sister as well. But here he is, and there she is, and she looks like she's fighting tears, even as her hands ball up into fists. Like she can fight the obvious, the inevitable. But he's tried that, he's been trying that, and he knows there's no point. He fell in love -he doesn't even know when- but he's tired of pretending he didn't.

"Kali..." His voice is quiet. He hopes it's reassuring or soothing or something, and he takes a step toward her, like she's a little kitten that might spook if he pushes her limits.

She's quick to take a step back, her hand out as if to stop him, to warn him off. "You can't be in love with me!"

Yug frowns then. "With all due respect, I think I get to decide how I feel."

"No. Not if you're just throwing your feelings around like this." She tosses her hands up. "You don't fall in love with me. You fall in love with Gauri. That's how this story goes."

"You're acting like you wrote the story, like you know how it all ends, but you're wrong." He stares at her a moment, and he knows she's scared, but suddenly he's not, not anymore. "Kali, I love you. I'm in love with you."

"Yug, stop!"

But he doesn't want to stop. He's been holding onto these words for too long now, and they need to be said.

"I can't even remember a time that I wasn't in love with you," he admits. "And I don't know if it started the moment I heard your voice or we met outside that restaurant or if it was just this slow build from the time we saved Sharmila Di's friend. But I know that I love fighting with you and I love talking to you and I love how alive I feel when I'm with you. And I love the way you smile in my face, and the way you protect your family, no matter the cost, and how strong you are, even if you'll never admit you're any of those things. And I don't care if you think the story is supposed to go some other way. This is our story. You and me."

He takes another step forward, staring into her eyes, and he takes it as a good sign that she doesn't step back.

He closes his eyes, sighs and continues. "Me and Gauri, we were never a good chapter. You and me are the whole damn series, and I don't know how it ends. I don't know where it's going. But I don't want to miss out on anymore of it." He shakes his head. "So no, I'm not gonna stand on the sidelines and pretend that I don't want to-"

He opens his eyes to step closer and convince her. But she's already gone. And he's imagined this moment, so many times, but it is so much worse than anything he could've thought of. A lone tear escapes his face and then he cannot help but collapse to the ground and bury his head in his hands. What can he even do now that she has blatantly refused to even pursue this notion? This is literally a nightmare that came to life. He's probably never going to forget this moment. It'll be seared into his memory for a lifetime.
Edited by RTme0w - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveLoveLaugh96 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awww

Idk what im more sad about: the ending or the fact that this is the last story of the week πŸ˜­
But anyway, loved it as usual
I dont think i'll ever hate ur stories πŸ˜†

But i love them; they're short, sweet and makes me connect to the characters instantly 

Pls pls write more after ur exams.
You're amazing at these πŸ‘
_innocent_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Awww...Poor Yug, she is trying to dictate how he should feel, and she feels the same but not ready to accept it...And how sad, that the moment he wanted to remember forever as a beautiful moment ended up being worst than a nightmare, and one that he would rather forget than indulge upon!
Good Job Tannu! :D😳
sabihaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I've been reading (devouring) your writing, and all I can do is just sigh in awe. Your writing is so clear and concise; I can absolutely feel every emotion while I read this.
The storyline itself is au, and yet in a way it still works as something that could happen in the show - if of course half the leads weren't such idiots of course. 

Thank you for such a wonderful OS, and all the best for your exams!
Karaali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This was lovely. The way you portrayed Yug's feelings and his pain for Kaali's rejection were very good. 
PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Aww this was so sad:(:( But beautiful nonetheless :)
dhun.laagi thumbnail
Originally posted by: LiveLoveLaugh96

Awww

Idk what im more sad about: the ending or the fact that this is the last story of the week πŸ˜­

But anyway, loved it as usual
I dont think i'll ever hate ur stories πŸ˜†

But i love them; they're short, sweet and makes me connect to the characters instantly 

Pls pls write more after ur exams.
You're amazing at these πŸ‘

Thanks for your time and appreciation, Mahirah.
Turns out it was not the last but probably second last for sure. 
Glad that you like my work. 
Will write longer and better ones once my exams are done!! (:

dhun.laagi thumbnail
Originally posted by: ...Shibu...

AwesomeπŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks a tonnn for all the comments!! (:
dhun.laagi thumbnail
Originally posted by: moonlight3094

nice one😊

Thanks for readinggg!! (:
dhun.laagi thumbnail
Originally posted by: _innocent_

Awww...Poor Yug, she is trying to dictate how he should feel, and she feels the same but not ready to accept it...And how sad, that the moment he wanted to remember forever as a beautiful moment ended up being worst than a nightmare, and one that he would rather forget than indulge upon!

Good Job Tannu! :D😳

Thanks for the detailed reply and commending me, Aisha!! Means a lot coming from you.
The thing is that she cannot keep anything ahead of her family and he is tired of holding back his love. 
At some point the pain will go away, but the scar of memory will stay. What was expected did not happen but maybe this is for the better. Saved by a heartbreak from a person who is not ready to embrace her feelings just now. She will come around at some time, but this is clearly not the right moment for this (: